[Other Sport] F1 2022

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
bfa08f1c2813bfc6216c44ae4672cfb8.png

Looking like Max’s to lose at this point. Ferrari pulled the pasta gun out the holster again. Good weekend for Merc, after the summer break they could be in the mix with Ferrari and RB on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kudos to Max, he drove that race like a Champion. As did Lewis.

Taxi for Binotto more clown tactics. Got to feel for Le Clerc he is being fecked over

Enjoyed that race, rain five laps from the end would have made it better.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Taxi for Binotto more clown tactics. Got to feel for Le Clerc he is being fecked over

Could even throw in a show off 360!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Kudos to Lewis for beating George from where he was and you could hardly say George drove a bad race either. As the car gets a bit better, his performance levels are improving. Would have been a win without the DRS issue.

Sami Hypia on the pit wall again for Ferrarri. Hard tyre today is up there with "Full steam ahead to that iceberg*

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Mattia Binotto, I want you to stay.

15 years and growing, they keep changing the faces, yet deliver the same old incompetence.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
bfa08f1c2813bfc6216c44ae4672cfb8.png

Looking like Max’s to lose at this point. Ferrari pulled the pasta gun out the holster again. Good weekend for Merc, after the summer break they could be in the mix with Ferrari and RB on a regular basis.

It really is incredible looking at the graphic that GR is within 20 points of Leclerc and ahead of Sainz in the championship. If the Merc team had that Ferrari package, the championship would be on a knife edge with Red Bull.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It really is incredible looking at the graphic that GR is within 20 points of Leclerc and ahead of Sainz in the championship. If the Merc team had that Ferrari package, the championship would be on a knife edge with Red Bull.

True. Max is driving with composure and already has the Championship in the bag. I doubt he would be anywhere near as composed if he was having to fight like he did last year.

I have pretty well given up on Ferrari and Le Clerc being able to harass Max but I live in hope that when the summer break is over we will see him put under much more pressure than he has been by a reliable Mercedes and both Russell and Lewis being as quick as the Red Bull. Now that will be interesting even if the Championship is a dead rubber

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
True. Max is driving with composure and already has the Championship in the bag. I doubt he would be anywhere near as composed if he was having to fight like he did last year.

I have pretty well given up on Ferrari and Le Clerc being able to harass Max but I live in hope that when the summer break is over we will see him put under much more pressure than he has been by a reliable Mercedes and both Russell and Lewis being as quick as the Red Bull. Now that will be interesting even if the Championship is a dead rubber

I can see Merc getting 2nd in the constructors. They are gradually getting there and are within striking distance with the inferior car -They shouldn't be anywhere close though. Lewis has woken up now that he can small a win which I am sure they will get between now and the end of the season.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Alonso to Aston Martin next year!!
Obviously has faith that AM will turn it around next year, as they are way worse than Alpine at present.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Alonso to Aston Martin next year!!
Obviously has faith that AM will turn it around next year, as they are way worse than Alpine at present.

Or he’s just going there for a pay rise.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Or he’s just going there for a pay rise.

Aston have poached some top talent from the likes of Red Bull (eg Dan Fallows). That will have been attractive to Alonso.

Aston are lovely to improve. And, same as I was suggesting the other day re Ricciardo and Aston, Alonso will be looking at what Vettel has done in the current Aston and thinking he could be doing a few tenths better.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Will be interesting to see what happens with that Alpine seat. Do they take the easy option and promote Piastri immediately (talk is they wanted him to have a year at Williams first), can they tempt Ricciardo back (and would they want him? And would Ricciardo want them if its only for a year before Piastri?)

There has been some talk that Alpine have lost first dibs on Piastri due to Alonso negotiations dragging on. Piastri to McLaren, and Ricciardo to Alpine has been rumoured already.

Lots of interest on the McLaren side as well, as the mess over Alex Palou's contract situation in Indycar is rumoured to be because he's very keen to get a shot at F1 and McLaren dangled that in front of him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Aston have poached some top talent from the likes of Red Bull (eg Dan Fallows). That will have been attractive to Alonso.

Aston are lovely to improve. And, same as I was suggesting the other day re Ricciardo and Aston, Alonso will be looking at what Vettel has done in the current Aston and thinking he could be doing a few tenths better.

Alonso has a great history of picking the right team at the right time. :whistle:

If anything, I'd be putting money on Alpine making significant gains to their car next season. :lolol:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Piastri has got the Alpine seat for next year. Fair enough, he was without doubt the next cab on the rank.

[TWEET]1554500248432680960[/TWEET]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/62400513

Sound like maybe he’s trying to sign for McLaren and Alpine are trying to enact an option they think they have on him?

And we thought the Cucurella to City saga was complex........

Young Piastri seems quite sure of himself, Otmar seems to be having a nightmare. Danny Ric back to Alpine and Piastri to McLaren would seem to tick the boxes for everyone, however. How much face saving does there need to be?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports