Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

D

Deleted member 2719

Vital points for McLaren and Lando against the Alpines and Ocon.

This is a race that excites me can, Lando stay on top?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And the last post where you supported MV in any incident and said LH was in the wrong ???

I genuinely don’t recall an incident where Max and Lewis had a coming together that I thought was Lewis’ fault. Silverstone last year being the only one considered potentilally controversial imo

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can't see Georges's record there at all, can you point me to it?

Your first part is par for the course for 99% of race drivers, Hamilton has had a very good car under him for a long time.....it wasn't all him..... i have always said without a dominant car you wont win a championship, merc was that dominant car, and Hamilton was better than most of his co-drivers.
On your second part, that's exactly why I don't like him, I don't like any big-time charlie characters, I like guys that just want to race and do the business. I don't also like Beckham if that helps.

Hey, Malta please don't listen to the noise, just what I actually say, for an instant the above post, where I praised all the Brits.

:facepalm:

Same website but filter by “George Russell”

FFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That end is why Perez will always be a #2 driver at a top team, very dozy by him and totally done by Russell

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Well, got to see today’s race (doesn’t often happen) and all I can say is that Ferrari seem frightened to give Sainz a decent strategy.

He was never going to make it to the end on one set of mediums after the hards came off so early. Myself and significant other both incredulous that they didn’t swap him onto fresh tyres with 18 laps to go. We were enjoying watching him make his way through the field, but the second Russell started gaining back on him it was clear his tyres had run their course.

I thought it was quite an enjoyable race today, though feel some sympathy for LeClerc, wonder what the Ferrari debrief was like.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Maybe you can explain the difference between MB and IG - who will both “support” their driver in any controversial incident and never have a good thing to say about the other.

Easy to explain.
I am team Lewis. I acknowledge Max is a great driver. Just not a likeable person.
Whereas MB doesn't do the same for Lewis.

D

Deleted member 2719

:facepalm:

Same website but filter by “George Russell”

FFS.

Keep your hair on mate.

I found it the minute after I posted that, but thought it would be nice to see your reaction............and yep it was exactly as I thought.

Would you like to see the results???
https://f1bytes.com/2022-h2h-ham-v-rus/

George spanks the GOAT in nearly all departsments, is that why you choose NOT to show this stat?.

* Cue poor Hammy had it so tough this year.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I can't see Georges's record there at all, can you point me to it?

Your first part is par for the course for 99% of race drivers, Hamilton has had a very good car under him for a long time.....it wasn't all him..... i have always said without a dominant car you wont win a championship, merc was that dominant car, and Hamilton was better than most of his co-drivers.
On your second part, that's exactly why I don't like him, I don't like any big-time charlie characters, I like guys that just want to race and do the business. I don't also like Beckham if that helps.

Hey, Malta please don't listen to the noise, just what I actually say, for an instant the above post, where I praised all the Brits.

I believe Lewis has 12-2 record in his favour against any driver he’s been paired with, I’ve not looked it up but he finished behind Jenson once and obviously Nico in 2016 (just) I think you need to show him a little more respect for his driving, even if he’s a bellend off the track.

D

Deleted member 2719

I believe Lewis has 12-2 record in his favour against any driver he’s been paired with, I’ve not looked it up but he finished behind Jenson once and obviously Nico in 2016 (just) I think you need to show him a little more respect for his driving, even if he’s a bellend off the track.

A refreshing approach, you sir are obviously a man with some intelligence.

I have given him respect as a better than a good driver, but is he the GOAT? that just isn't a given IMO because he has won 7 Championships, it all comes down to being in the right place at the right time, lets's face it, it's no different to the premier a very small proportion of the teams stand a chance of a win, he got the seat, he may have earned it then. But got amazingly lucky to get Bottas as a no 2 driver.
And your right bell endery is something he has been good at some might even say he is the GOAT in that.:lolol:

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
A refreshing approach, you sir are obviously a man with some intelligence.

I have given him respect as a better than a good driver, but is he the GOAT? that just isn't a given IMO because he has won 7 Championships, it all comes down to being in the right place at the right time, lets's face it, it's no different to the premier a very small proportion of the teams stand a chance of a win, he got the seat, he may have earned it then. But got amazingly lucky to get Bottas as a no 2 driver.
And your right bell endery is something he has been good at some might even say he is the GOAT in that.:lolol:

Thank you, I think.

2 questions if I may…

1. Which driver on the same grid as Lewis would have beaten him consistently had they been given the same car as him?

2. Who in your opinion IS the GOAT?

I don’t post much and I dip in and out so my apologies if been discussed before!

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 2719

Thank you, I think.

2 questions if I may…

1. Which driver on the same grid as Lewis would have beaten him consistently had they been given the same car as him?

2. Who in your opinion IS the GOAT?

I don’t post much and I dip in and out so my apologies if been discussed before!

Thank you.

Thanks for the civil question.
1) Verstappen.
2) I don't think there is a real GOAT, because across the years of the sport it has been so different. Who do I think has been the best Manufacturer in the past Decade that has to be MERC by a margin.

I am interested in your INDY username, can I ask why please?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Huge error by Leclerc today. As with Vettel in a super fast Ferrari in 2017 & 2018, it’s as if the prancing horse loses its prance when a sniff of a championship is in sight. This is why winning multiple championships is so hard even with one of the fastest cars - keeping it on the track and being super quick is not easy. Max’s pace over Perez is huge, he is an absolute beast this season. Last year he was involved in far too many incidents that were his doing whether aggression on his part or lack of avoidance. This season he is showing real maturity by being outright fast, consistent, and careful. That is how you become a multiple world champion.

Mercs mopping up the pieces again due to the Ferraris being a lot faster but less reliable / kept on the road.

D

Deleted member 2719

Huge error by Leclerc today. As with Vettel in a super fast Ferrari in 2017 & 2018, it’s as if the prancing horse loses its prance when a sniff of a championship is in sight. This is why winning multiple championships is so hard even with one of the fastest cars - keeping it on the track and being super quick is not easy. Max’s pace over Perez is huge, he is an absolute beast this season. Last year he was involved in far too many incidents that were his doing whether aggression on his part or lack of avoidance. This season he is showing real maturity by being outright fast, consistent, and careful. That is how you become a multiple world champion.

Mercs mopping up the pieces again due to the Ferraris being a lot faster but less reliable / kept on the road.

I am sure I even heard the prancing horse shriek at one point.

I don't disagree with what you say MAX is a machine at the moment. I fear he is getting to far away now but you never know, with the pace Merc have found and sainz driving with real belief again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Keep your hair on mate.

I found it the minute after I posted that, but thought it would be nice to see your reaction............and yep it was exactly as I thought.

Of course you did :lolol:

I gave you access to a stats area where you can see any head to head record of any driver. The point of my original filter was it shows Hamilton beating every teammate he’s had over a whole season.

We’ve not had a whole season in 22 yet so he may still beat George. The GOAT tag is literally “all time”. Not a handful of races in one season.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No need to say any more, is there? Q.E.D.

Well yeah there is. Maybe you can let me know which comings together apart from the Silverstone one were deemed to be Lewis's fault last year?

Not by you but by the Stewards

I remember some very gungho challenges by Max which Lewis backed out of but I do not recall him being the aggressor other than Silverstone (you won't be surprised to know I didn't agree with that but he did get a penalty....)

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
. . .

I will state it one more time as people only see my negative views on Lewis and not my positive ones.
Lewis is a very good driver
Is he the best? Or has he been the most fortunate with a car that has been nigh on untouchable....Yes IMO
Do I like people in general that are arrogant self-obsessed and talk down to people, as if their shite doesn't stink.........No I think they are jumped up little or big wonkers..

Easy to explain.
I am team Lewis. I acknowledge Max is a great driver. Just not a likeable person.
Whereas MB doesn't do the same for Lewis.

I think the above quote belies that.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think the above quote belies that.

Find another post where he says that, you might be searching a while :lolol:

I only recall knocking with a very reluctant desire to say good things :shrug:

As a point of interest I don’t recall ever suggesting that Max was only good because of the car he was driving which is MB’s go to about Hamilton.

Last edited:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Find another post where he says that, you might be searching a while :lolol:

I only recall knocking with a very reluctant desire to say good things :shrug:

As a point of interest I don’t recall ever suggesting that Max was only good because of the car he was driving which is MB’s go to about Hamilton.

‘Find me another”, seems to be a standard response.

I’d never claim that LH has only won the number of championships because he had the best cars - equally it is difficult to claim that he would have won them had he not been driving one of the best cars on the grid. F1 is not all about the drivers, they are simply one part of a very large team of people and credit needs to be given equally, or more so, to those amazing engineers and designers who produce a car that enables a driver to compete on the track with their skill set.

Yes, all the drivers in an F1 race are amazing and at the top of their profession but the guys who produce the cars have a much greater claim to winning a championship than the single person sat behind the wheel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here