Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Shame they couldn't follow them to the letter over something that related to actual racing :smile:

It's very petty to suggest that they'll suspend Hamilton for that when they cheated him out of a Championship.

Just IMO, but then I haven't got a Corporate mindset :shrug:

Yeah, agree it doesn't look good. But on the other hand, the teams are getting what they asked for. They asked the FIA to stick to the rules and enforce them. So they're doing that.

On one hand, given that rule hasn't been enforced for so long, you have to wonder about whether it is actually a valid rule. On the other hand, Hamilton had his jewelry done knowing full well that the rule exists and what that might mean if the FIA ever did decide to enforce it. I've got very little sympathy for him in that respect - failure to enforce in the past does not guarantee continued failure to enforce into the future. he made his choice, now he needs to live with it (ie get the items removed or face sanction).

It's unfortunate that it's Hamilton given everything that happened last year, but realistically there's no connection that should be drawn ... beyond the one I drew already that this is a consequence of teams - in particular Mercedes - pushing the FIA on matters relating to enforcing the rules properly. They've really scored on own goal on that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1542815997379448833[/tweet]

That's no way to talk about the Williams team, yes they're slow but they're perfectly entitled to be there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Small acorns and all that BUT

Lewis second in second practice today, and Norris third

Can’t wait for this weekend’s race, anyone on here lucky enough to be going?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was really disappointed to see Lewis end up 5th

D

Deleted member 2719

Well guys, I think we can all agree, that was fun.:clap:

This is my rain dance for tomorrow.:rave:

D

Deleted member 2719

I love the British summer weather.:lolol:

I still think your lad has a great chance tomorrow, if it were to rain then my money is on lando, that's if the technicians have now worked out which way a wheel goes on.:lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I love the British summer weather.:lolol:

I still think your lad has a great chance tomorrow, if it were to rain then my money is on lando, that's if the technicians have now worked out which way a wheel goes on.:lolol:

I would be happy to see Lando win, going to be my preferred driver once Lewis retires. What will we argue about then? :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

I would be happy to see Lando win, going to be my preferred driver once Lewis retires. What will we argue about then? :lolol:

Who loves him the most.
:lolol:

Ps I don't actually he will win in the wet, but positive thinking!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A race going Wet - Dry - Wet (or indeed Dry - Wet - Dry) feels like something we haven't seen for a while but should be possible given the heavy showers in the forecast

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Love a wet quali even if it ended up with the usual suspects at the front, seemed odd that the TV director just focused on Sainz at the end when there were still cars on hot laps. Really please for him to get his first pole though. Rain dance ready for tomorrow.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good for Lewis, booing of Max is not on imo either. I would welcome booing of Masi if he was there though :smile:

Interesting that Mercedes seem to have fecked up the tactics that could have put Lewis on the front row

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/62022394

Anyway it promises to be an exciting race, regardless of the weather. Nice to be back on a proper race track and not some shit street circuit type track

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here