Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Monaco is seldom thrilling but it has history and class and is an interesting track even if the race isn’t

I’d bin Sochi (fortunately binned this season) Abu Dhabi, the Hungaroring , Paul Ricard and Singapore before Monaco. All shit boring tracks with no redeeming features imo

I quite like the Hungaroring,but that is because Mansell won there in Ferrari from 12th on the grid

Not to mention Damon's drive there in the Arrows and Jenson's first win was it

Agree with all the rest though :thumbsup:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I quite like the Hungaroring,but that is because Mansell won there in Ferrari from 12th on the grid

Not to mention Damon's drive there in the Arrows and Jenson's first win was it

Agree with all the rest though :thumbsup:

Agreed, Hungarys ring piece is a good circuit.

Tilke should have stuck to little tykes

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I stopped reading it half way through. It's actually a very poor article with a clear anti-Ricciardo agenda. It's poorly researched, presented with a biased view on many elements, and omits anything that would undermine their narrative.

For starters: McLaren actually *did* find a problem with Ricciardo's car after the Spanish GP. Secondly, the spin they put on Ricciardo mentioning the car setup for the Monaco crash is totally wrong. Ricciardo was never trying to put the blame elsewhere, just explaining what had happened. And he's been very, very open that he's struggling and not achieving to the high levels that both he and McLaren expected.

No way known is the spin they put on things in that article accurate. It's a terrible article.

Far better to read The Race. They've done a series of articles on Ricciardo's travails at McLaren, and I've found them very balanced. This is the most recent: https://the-race.com/formula-1/option-for-ricciardo-to-leave-mclaren-is-his-not-the-teams/

Thanks for recommending that article and website.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Thanks for recommending that article and website.

Just beware of Gary Anderson's articles. He likes to think he's still an up to date F1 car design guru, but he totally isn't. He trashed the Ferrari preseason.

I typically read The Race, motorsport.com (owned by a Russian, so beware bias), and Reddit F1. Between those three sources I don't normally miss much.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Amazing the performance difference now between Red Bull and Ferrari who are within a tenth of each other to the rest that are 1.3secs slowly than the front 4. That’s just an absolute gulf in F1. Everyone else is swapping by hundredths of seconds. Very mad how the development is going for teams.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
LeClerc on pole.

Perez out qualifies Verstappen for the second race in a row. It'll be really interesting to see what Red Bull do if Perez gets away well and stays ahead of Max.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Another very Lance Stroll qualifying for, er, Lance Stroll.

Front four will be interesting, no one else will be near them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another very Lance Stroll qualifying for, er, Lance Stroll.

Front four will be interesting, no one else will be near them.

To think they binned Perez to keep Daddy’s boy in a seat. It was madness at the time and it now looks even madder

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I am concerned, as a massive Lewis fan, that he is being out qualified and out raced by George. I did not see this coming but he is certainly looking second best as things stand :down:

However I am loving Perez giving Max a challenge, he won’t be allowed to beat him of course unless there is a car between them in a race. I did predict he’d be a match for Max when he joined Red Bull but he has only really got up to speed this season

Last edited:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I am concerned, as a massive Lewis fan, that he is being out qualified and out raced by George. I did not see this coming but he is certainly looking second best as things stand :down:

However I am loving Perez giving Max a challenge, he won’t be allowed to beat him of course unless there is more than one car between them in a race. I did predict he’d be a match for Max when he joined Red Bull but he has only really got up to speed this season

So far-

Bahrain- Quali HAM Race HAM
Saudi- Quali RUS Race RUS
Aus- Quali HAM Race RUS
Italy- Quali RUS Race RUS
USA- Quali RUS Race RUS
Spain- Quali RUS Race RUS
Monaco- Quali RUS Race RUS
Baku- Quali RUS Race TBC

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Perez needs to be careful else he’ll end up getting his engine mysteriously turned down in races or a few more of the “fuel issues” to try and deny him optimum qualifying runs

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

However I am loving Perez giving Max a challenge, he won’t be allowed to beat him of course unless there is a car between them in a race. I did predict he’d be a match for Max when he joined Red Bull but he has only really got up to speed this season

If it helps Lewis gave George a tow for their final laps in Q3 with George only going about 0.2 seconds quicker which is, I think, less than the average advantage a tow usually gives around Baku. That said Russell was generally quicker each qualifying session and practice.

The Mercedes was back porpoising a huge amount. Sad to see, it looked like they were getting on top of it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Has Hamilton been shafted by pit stops again?

Goes in at the same time as Vettel ahead of him, comes out after him while russell came in at the same time and comes out in fourth still while Hamilton also has Norris, Ricciardo, Alonso and Ocon who haven't stopped ahead of him.

He's had no luck with safety cars and pit stops this year.

Still, P0erez winning and Verstappen second is very interesting.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, no, not interesting at all. Perez told to usher Verstappen through.

Maybe Leclerc's car breaking will mean Red Bull will let Perez race?

One driver team absolutely NO CHANCE

I see the virtual safety car fecked Lewis over again having to queue behind Russell and lost a shit load of places

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
One driver team absolutely NO CHANCE

I see the virtual safety car fecked Lewis over again having to queue behind Russell and lost a shit load of places

Isn’t that the same for all teams when fighting, not sure Bottas would have been allowed to race Hamilton properly without him sulking

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Quite a dull race after what promised to be a really good one after the first lap.

It's crazy to think that after 3 races Max was 40 something points behind Leclerc and five races later he's 30+ points ahead of him. That's an almighty swing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here