Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Rolling start - boo!

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
What's gone wrong for Leclerc?

He was cruising in first place, I went for a pee, got a drink, come back and he's in fourth. How?!

Red Bulls stayed out on inters in clear air for a few laps and pulled off the overcut.

Also I think Leclerc ended up double-stacked behind Sainz?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
What's gone wrong for Leclerc?

He was cruising in first place, I went for a pee, got a drink, come back and he's in fourth. How?!

There was an incredible sequence of side by side racing with endless amazing overtaking moves, of course - this is Monaco!

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Ferraris are buggered on hards?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Tit for tat. Hamilton ensuring Ocon falls out of the points due to his 5 second penalty.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Boring.......time for Championship play off..

What is often ignored is that unlike many other Formulas F1 is very much a team competition. The result is determined not only by the driver but also by the developers , strategists, engineers, pit crews etc. Different tracks change the importance of each of these.

Strategists and pit crews play a much greater part at Monaco than they do at other tracks. Today’s race very much demonstrates how making the right decisions at the right times can be far more important than how fast the car or driver is.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Sergio Perez the most successful pay driver since Pastor Maldonado [emoji108]

D

Deleted member 2719

Tit for tat. Hamilton ensuring Ocon falls out of the points due to his 5 second penalty.

And that's exactly his style.

So we have a four-horse race, hopefully, Merc and McLaren can find some more pace too.

With George whipping Hamilton, perhaps the car was his secret to his past success, who would have thought it.

The main thing is there is an opportunity for 4 drivers to win it this season, how exciting for everyone.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What is often ignored is that unlike many other Formulas F1 is very much a team competition. The result is determined not only by the driver but also by the developers , strategists, engineers, pit crews etc. Different tracks change the importance of each of these.

Strategists and pit crews play a much greater part at Monaco than they do at other tracks. Today’s race very much demonstrates how making the right decisions at the right times can be far more important than how fast the car or driver is.

Whilst that's true , then maybe they should just play a strategy board game and save millions.
I read that maybe this race could be dropped and for excitement and entertainment values it would be no loss.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Its just a boring circuit for F1. overtaking is virtually impossible...F1 should be on circuits where cars and drivers can race, not trundle round in a procession.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Its just a boring circuit for F1. overtaking is virtually impossible...F1 should be on circuits where cars and drivers can race, not trundle round in a procession.

Looking at it from the point of view of television viewing then you may well be right but, like football, F1 is not just a TV event - hundreds of thousands attend races and very few ever actually see an overtake on the track. The spectacle, the noise, the general atmosphere all go towards building a fantastic weekend.

This was the last year of the current F1 contract with Monaco. Negotiations are taking place for a new contract, I will be very surprised if there isn’t a race in Monaco next year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And that's exactly his style.

So we have a four-horse race, hopefully, Merc and McLaren can find some more pace too.

With George whipping Hamilton, perhaps the car was his secret to his past success, who would have thought it.

The main thing is there is an opportunity for 4 drivers to win it this season, how exciting for everyone.

So when George is ahead of Lewis it’s the drivers but when Lewis beat Rossburg and Bottas it was because he had a better car? :mad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here