Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
F1 does this …. overnight (in one winter) an incredible team becomes also rans.

Mercedes seem light years behind the pack in 2022.

In the past this happened to McLaren, Ferrari.

I’m not sure why? It was only about 8 weeks ago that paranoid **** Horner was calling foul on Mercedes cheating this season.

D

Deleted member 2719

I’m not sure why? It was only about 8 weeks ago that paranoid **** Horner was calling foul on Mercedes cheating this season.

You know what they say, cheats never prosper.:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Mercedes were supposed to be putting everything into this rule change season last season. That has worked out well :rolleyes:

Such a shame that the Mercs are relegation candidates, it would have been fantastic to have Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes on a par with McClaren closing in on them

Not sure I’ve ever seen a top team go backwards as quickly as Mercedes in all the years I’ve been watching F1

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mercedes were supposed to be putting everything into this rule change season last season. That has worked out well :rolleyes:

Such a shame that the Mercs are relegation candidates, it would have been fantastic to have Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes on a par with McClaren closing in on them

5 and 7 seconds off the pace, feck me that is EONS in F1, not sure I’ve ever seen a top team go backwards that quickly in all the years I’ve been watching F1

McLaren springs to mind. But I’m no expert.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
McLaren springs to mind. But I’m no expert.

Didn’t they lose the Merc engine and change to Honda who’d been out of F1 for years though, so understandable?

What is happening at Mercedes is stunning imo. They’ve lost a shit load of top men though haven’t they?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Didn’t they lose the Merc engine and change to Honda who’d been out of F1 for years though, so understandable?

What is happening at Mercedes is stunning imo. They’ve lost a shit load of top men though haven’t they?

I didn’t know about the loss of personnel.

I remember Ferrari doing a Mansour’s Citeh 25 years ago gathering Schumacher, Brawn, Stepney and Byrne.

Reluctantly accepting that Italians were inferior at F1 at that time.

Hey presto, with a bottomless pot of money, world titles.

D

Deleted member 2719

Great drive from Max, Norris, and Ricardo.

Looking forward to tomorrow should be a good one, with plenty of racing, lets's hope for reliability for all.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
WTF are these medals?! [emoji23]

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Great that the cars can follow each other much more closely this season but I’m beginning to wonder if DRS should be scrapped now as it seems to becoming the norm for lengthy DRS trains to develop where nobody can overtake as the lead car is just quick enough to fend off the car immediately behind for lap after lap.

Any thoughts on this idea?!

P.s. after seeing the race yesterday not sure it would help much? Maybe we should be insisting that circuits must allow for more overtaking. Expensive, I appreciate, but some races are real borefests otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Currently, George wiping the floor with Lewis.
This is going to be a great race with the weather making it that way, anything could happen!

D

Deleted member 2719

Is Hamilton sulking?

He has been at it behind the scenes for some time, I expect his pr mask to slip if he can't get it together soon in this race.

George at this point has made up 6 places to his no places.

D

Deleted member 2719

Lando is in a podium position and Ferrari losing points at the moment, this will help squeeze up the championship and constructors.

Hope it stays as it is unless Lando can win of course.:lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Great result all round, Lando and George proving their worth and Red Bull making a comeback.

We just need Merc and McLaren to find a bit more pace to make this a humdinger of a season.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I know it's a good result for the championship(both of them) but I really wish Verstappen drove for someone other than redbull. I cannot stand Horner's arrogant smugness. It makes me want their drivers to crash out. Which is a shame because I like Perez and Verstappen is going to be one of the all time greats.

D

Deleted member 2719

I know it's a good result for the championship(both of them) but I really wish Verstappen drove for someone other than redbull. I cannot stand Horner's arrogant smugness. It makes me want their drivers to crash out. Which is a shame because I like Perez and Verstappen is going to be one of the all time greats.

See, I don't get the Horner smugness, Lewis smugness is in a different league IMO.

I think it has been exaggerated through social media because people don't like the fact he is banging the arse out of ginger spice.

He is often slagged off just because he is on the opposing team to Lewis, Horner is not smug at all IMO, and he always talks a lot of sense.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
See, I don't get the Horner smugness, Lewis smugness is in a different league IMO.

I think it has been exaggerated through social media because people don't like the fact he is banging the arse out of ginger spice.

He is often slagged off just because he is on the opposing team to Lewis, Horner is not smug at all IMO, and he always talks a lot of sense.

He is the ultimate whinger. Constantly complaining to the officials.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here