Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If that had been MV not LH there would be numerous posts accusing him of whinging.

He was whinging, as would Max have been, winners tend to do that :shrug:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
My point is why should a 7 time world champion get a nod over an up and coming driver that will push him more than Bottas did.
Honestly can't see an issue with it.

Nor can I but I don’t have a problem with Lewis being pissed off about it either, time will tell how much better he is than Bottas and no I don’t see him being as compliant unless Lewis ends up challenging for the title. Lewis will also have to be compliant if George has more points than Lewis and is in with a better chance at the sharp end of the season

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He was whinging, as would Max have been, winners tend to do that :shrug:

Broadcasters also selective about who’s radio they broadcast and when. Lewis does get frustrated, always has done - hence it makes great coverage. Lots of others will be doing the same, but it’s not worth hearing. For example, Alonso has always been prickly over radio, but he’s far less chosen for broadcast these days.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Totally agree but the constant whinging about MV whinging gets somewhat monotonous.

Lucky we have you and Mouldy to balance things up by whinging about Lewis whinging isn’t it :lolol:

I think George could be up for some whinging too, time will tell. I can’t warm to him at all though.

Last edited:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Lucky we have you and Mouldy to balance things up by whinging about Lewis whinging isn’t it :lolol:

Not sure I was whinging about LH whinging, thought it was a normal understandable reaction. Real team mate competition for LH this season, something he hasn't had to face for quite some time.

Great to see British cars and drivers doing well.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Great to see Max DNF. If he could do that every race that would almost make up for last season’s stitch up [emoji23]

Good result for Russell. I did wonder whether he could come out on top in the battle of the Mercs - it does seem possible, although LH must still be favourite for that one.

I do like to see the Belgian out of his car, hands on hips, slapped a**e face, puts a Sunday morning smile on my face.

D

Deleted member 2719

My anwser to that would be, Lewis has 13 years on Max, would have thought pubity would have kicked in by now with Lewis.:lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Worth getting up early for that, to see Max DNF, Brits and Merc improving, a Prancing Horse looking imperious and plenty of aggro in the midfield.

Hats off to the designers of the 2022 regulations and whoever redesigned the track.

Driver of the day - Albon. 57 laps on one set :bowdown:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
You live and learn I see he is actually Belgian but decided he’d rather be Dutch :shrug:

Yeah, I was being quite puerile....

The whole nationality thing actually passes me by, I support Derby/Derbyshire/England/GB in absolutely everything but where I'm from or being English doesn't define me so I find it strange that people 'choose' a nationality see Verstappen and Albon for instance....

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I feel a bit bad for Max. I was delighted he had another DNF but it was basically glee at the thought of the graceless, charmless, bitter, bad loser/worse winner Horner's reaction.

In terms of the championship it's getting perilously close to being over already. There's still plenty of races left(20?) but he cannot afford another DNF or no points finish. I like LeClerc so I'm happy for him to win the title but it'd be nice to have a battle royale like we had last year.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yeah, I was being quite puerile....

The whole nationality thing actually passes me by, I support Derby/Derbyshire/England/GB in absolutely everything but where I'm from or being English doesn't define me so I find it strange that people 'choose' a nationality see Verstappen and Albon for instance....

I think Albon chose Thai nationlity because he's half Thai and it helped with financing his career. I might be wrong but I have a memory of seeing an interview with him where he said that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I feel a bit bad for Max. I was delighted he had another DNF but it was basically glee at the thought of the graceless, charmless, bitter, bad loser/worse winner Horner's reaction.

In terms of the championship it's getting perilously close to being over already. There's still plenty of races left(20?) but he cannot afford another DNF or no points finish. I like LeClerc so I'm happy for him to win the title but it'd be nice to have a battle royale like we had last year.

Lots of races to go yet, lots of development to happen. More races than many previous seasons too.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just a shame the FIA fixed it so Max won the title last year, as if he'd lost that his problems at the start of this season would be 1000 times funnier (and they're already very, very funny)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Lots of races to go yet, lots of development to happen. More races than many previous seasons too.

Yes, there are 20 more I think. But as Max himself said in his post race interview to get the points back you need to both be quicker and to finish and today they were neither.

Another DNF at Imola coupled with a race win for Leclerc and Max will be 70+ points behind. Could Red Bull develop their car to such an extent that they could overturn that points difference? It is of course possible but I'd suggest unlikely. That's why I think it's perilously close to being over. One more DNF and they'll be in real trouble and relying on snookers.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, there are 20 more I think. But as Max himself said in his post race interview to get the points back you need to both be quicker and to finish and today they were neither.

Another DNF at Imola coupled with a race win for Leclerc and Max will be 70+ points behind. Could Red Bull develop their car to such an extent that they could overturn that points difference? It is of course possible but I'd suggest unlikely. That's why I think it's perilously close to being over. One more DNF and they'll be in real trouble and relying on snookers.

Discount Mercedes at your peril, history suggests they will get this right. They are nowhere near there yet but they are still hanging in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here