Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

D

Deleted member 2719

Oh, the irony :lolol:

ANYONE but Max for this F1 fan tomorrow

Perez is so balanced and level headed, my sort of guy.

No doubt there will be plenty of incidents.

This season is shaping up nicely to be an exciting one.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Livened up after the safety cars bunched everyone up.

It a bit of a cars 1 to 5 procession for dozens of laps until then.

Max very lucky to be able to close 4.5 seconds under virtual safety car and yet whinge about Leclerc going faster under yellows.

Has he been training under Horner?

What a despicable pair.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Whinging right to the end "How did he get that close, it's so unfair" :tosser:

After he had the luck of the first safety car, and closed up to well under a second when he was 1.5secs behind the virtual SC. Another regulation they’re going to have to specifically change just to deal with Max’s driving is pulling along side before a start after the SC.

Gutted for Leclerc there. And Perez so unlucky with those pit stops.

Latifi - no one behind him, no one really in front, into the wall impacting the result of a Grand Prix again. Surely he should suffer at least a race ban, pathetic.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
After he had the luck of the first safety car, and closed up to well under a second when he was 1.5secs behind the virtual SC. Another regulation they’re going to have to specifically change just to deal with Max’s driving is pulling along side before a start after the SC.

Latifi - no one behind him, no one really in front, into the wall impacting the result of a Grand Prix again. Surely he should suffer at least a race ban, pathetic.

:facepalm::rolleyes::lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another exciting race, shame the Merc is so off the pace

I thought Mercedes were supposed to be concentrating on 2022 last year whilst Red Bull threw everything at 2021.

Sack everyone at Mercedes? :lolol:

Latifi can feck right off, his crash handed the Championship to Max last year and today he changes the race again. Please get shot of this loser, he’s more shit than Mazepin.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

There’ve been a few of these of late in these concrete walled tracks. Idiots altering race destiny for drivers who’re a cut above.

Sky/C4 love it because it falsely bunches everyone up.

But it eliminates at a stroke, through no fault of their own, almost all the advantage built by drivers deservedly having a great weekend/race.

Handing wins and podiums to drivers not having a great weekend, but who happen to be sitting in a superior car with DRS.

My solution, assuming the idiots will be allowed to continue, would be somehow for the original time intervals to be reapplied at the end of any red flag, yellow flag, virtual safety car.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Take the crashes out and its about as exciting as watching snail racing in a coal mine with no torch

Only minor improvement being the lack of Karen. And Mr Suzi whingeing. Max's Karen credentials are improving by the day.

Paying mobile chicanes and crash hazards are nothing new.

D

Deleted member 2719

Wow, new regs making it enjoyable to watch.
What a race, could have gone either way, Max showing his young but mature head in saving his tyres to get the win.

So with:

6 DNF
2 team's with both drivers going head to toe with each other
Lando having a great result
Russell putting Sir lewis Larbalestier Hamilton in the shade.

We are in for a humdinger of a season, how refreshing whats is not to like?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Take the crashes out and its about as exciting as watching snail racing in a coal mine with no torch

Only minor improvement being the lack of Karen. And Mr Suzi whingeing. Max's Karen credentials are improving by the day.

Paying mobile chicanes and crash hazards are nothing new.

In this race though, the SC and VSC didn’t actually impact the closeness of racing, just the order they were in. With no SC or VSC I think we’d have still seen as an exciting a race only it wouldn’t have messed up Perez or given Max a leg up. I know what you mean generally, but in this race they were close anyway.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
In this race though, the SC and VSC didn’t actually impact the closeness of racing, just the order they were in. With no SC or VSC I think we’d have still seen as an exciting a race only it wouldn’t have messed up Perez or given Max a leg up. I know what you mean generally, but in this race they were close anyway.

Fair points

I was listening as much as watching. . . . . If the variable aren't equalised too quickly we may get some proper races when the circus gets to proper racing circuits

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Wow, new regs making it enjoyable to watch.
What a race, could have gone either way, Max showing his young but mature head in saving his tyres to get the win.

So with:

6 DNF
2 team's with both drivers going head to toe with each other
Lando having a great result
Russell putting Sir lewis Larbalestier Hamilton in the shade.

We are in for a humdinger of a season, how refreshing whats is not to like?

The new regulations are certainly making it interesting. That was a highly entertaining race.

Sir Lewis did well coming from 16th on the grid to tenth in the race and would have been higher if his team had managed to tell him to pit in time under the VSC.

Russell only made up one place but is ahead in the overall deservedly by the looks of things.

Bottom line is the Mercedes engine is nowhere near good enough yet for either the works' cars or their clients. Russell said last week that they know what the issue is. Given their straight line speed (lack of) and porpoising, they haven't exactly fixed it, but then they've spent the week crossing the Middle East and preparing for a high speed and dangerous track.

Let's see if they pull anything out in Aus.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Between that and his “Sir! Sir! Charles crossed the white line!” I’m finding him increasingly brattish.

Max whined about everything again. The white line, the lights on the back of the Ferrari, the "closeness" and so on,

He's the footballer in the other team when you're playing or watching that spends the whole game waving an imaginary yellow card at the ref or banging the turf in mock injury and then gets in a rabbit punch when the ref's back is turned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here