A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Mouldy’s going to be fuming…

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Expect Horner to request FIA to null and void the race coz rubber face didn't win! :bigwave:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
That was my first ever F1 race. I loved that. Is F1 always as good as that?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That was my first ever F1 race. I loved that. Is F1 always as good as that?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Not really.

Maybe 3 or 4 races a season are like that.

If we get that every week, you’re in for a cracker of a season.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As nice as it was to see Lewis get the podium today, it's clear for all to see that anything powered by Merc is in deep shit at the minute. The last 6 were all Merc powered and K-Mag in the top 10 in a Haas was no fluke. They have to improve (and I think they will) but I'd imagine the world championship ship will have sailed by the time they do.

Red Bull will be pissed today but the reality is that they are the best part of a second a lap quicker than Merc at the minute during the race. I'm pleased Ferrari have improved as it makes it competitive. Without them it could potentially be the most dullest season on record given Perez is well and truly a No. 2.

On a positive note, the cars seem to be able to race closer. Hopefully that means less snoozefests this year albeit Bahrain had always been one of the better races so time will tell. Leclerc is a top draw driver and will give Verstappen a run for his money.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Ferrari competitive is something most race fans want to see and, although Merc clearly have very big issues engine wise, and porpoise wise, that was as good as it could have gone for the works team today. I'd have paid very good money indeed to have been anywhere near Karen Horner when Perez span at the end, but for all the issues Mercs have, it was 3 DNFs for Red Bull associated teams today. We'll see over the next few races if they've prioritised power and aero over reliability or if that was a one off.

Hamilton ahead of Russell to no one's surprise but I already get the impression George will be pushing him later in the season. IMO that will do Lewis the power of good.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hard to just conclude the Merc PU is the problem because they may well need to be turning it down to prevent the porpoising as well as raising ride height. The Merc itself has the potential to be very fast if they can find a solution. They might not be too far off, and certainly nowhere near writing this season off by any stretch. Some cars might not have as much upgrade room as others.

Fantastic to see the red of Ferrari at front - especially with 2 such likeable drivers.

D

Deleted member 2719

Mouldy’s going to be fuming…

Why???

It had entertaiment in patches and a new winner and Ferrari looking ultra fast.
Red bull look competitive if they sort the issue, which they will.
Merc will get up to pace soon.
Haas look fast.

The only bit I am fuming at is the new race directors who fixed gasly electrical fire and the race.

Outrageous cheating mother $eckers,should be sacked, and hung by public twitter trial.

No seriously, not happy for McLaren and Lando, nothing else could have gone worse for them.

D

Deleted member 2719

You can bet if Hamilton was moaning over the radio like Verstappen was today he’d have an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seem to be mis informed, I am not a Max fan I am a F1 fan, but lando is my preferred driver.

Max did wet his pants today, Hamilton leads the rant front by a huge margin on anyone, probably in history.

Everyone can be excused of the odd rant, it's just the serial ranters in any sport that I don't like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here