Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Excellent Qualifying.

This season could even be better than last, Merc and McLaren need to get their act together, and then we will have a dream season.

Early days, can't wait.

Who said that with Russell as a teammate, we’d see that Hamilton’s success was all down to the car? He pulled a whole second (which is gigantic in F1 terms) on his team mate in a completely new car.

That confirms Hamilton as the GOAT if anything as Russell is probably at Verstappen’s level.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Due to Mercedes failing and the new report showing human error is it too late to go to court as Hammy might never get the 8th World Championship...........

D

Deleted member 2719

Who said that with Russell as a teammate, we’d see that Hamilton’s success was all down to the car? I pulled a whole second (which is gigantic in F1 terms) on his team mate in a completely new car.

That confirms Hamilton as the GOAT if anything as Russell is probably at Verstappen’s level.

One qualifier tells most people nothing.

Maybe in your desperation to get your dig in, you didn't think it through???

Did you also miss George's Q2 time?

I also mentioned the quickest car is far bigger than the fastest driver.

When Hamilton has had that fastest car for many years, you would expect championships.

Sit back and enjoy a competitive season as last years was or, do you just want Merc to dominate again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Russell lost a shed load of time in Turn 1 I think. Up to then him and Hamilton were pretty evenly matched through qualifying, we will know more after a few GPs albeit Bottas will rightly be loving being ahead. It will surely take an accident or mechanical failure for the 1-4 to not be Ferrarri or Red Bull, the Merc is miles off at the moment but they will get better. They always do.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Russell lost a shed load of time in Turn 1 I think. Up to then him and Hamilton were pretty evenly matched through qualifying, we will know more after a few GPs albeit Bottas will rightly be loving being ahead. It will surely take an accident or mechanical failure for the 1-4 to not be Ferrarri or Red Bull, the Merc is miles off at the moment but they will get better. They always do.

Yep, I caught up with qualifying when I got in. Russell went out twice in Q3, once on a used set and, on his second run, missed the apex at turn 2. Still, statistically, Lewis has out qualified "Mr Saturday" when the car is new to both of them. GOATs don't miss many apexes when the pressure is on.

Can definitely see what [MENTION=33374]Audax[/MENTION] was on about as well, The Merc PU also seems to be inferior.

Still, to give Mouldy his due, a close battle all season is exactly what we want and need and even a supporter of the Brit drivers like myself can see how good for the sport it is that Ferrari are competitive again. Looking forward to the race as an interested neutral in terms of win - it can only be Max or Leclerc for me if everyone stays reliable - but with a backwards glance at how Russell and Lewis race together and if Lando can do anything at all with an absolute dog of a Maclaren.

And surely it wouldn't be Bahrain without some turn one shenanigans on the opening lap?

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, I caught up with qualifying when I got in. Russell went out twice in Q3, once on a used set and, on his second run, missed the apex at turn 2. Still, statistically, Lewis has out qualified "Mr Saturday" when the car is new to both of them. GOATs don't miss many apexes when the pressure is on.

Can definitely see what [MENTION=33374]Audax[/MENTION] was on about as well, The Merc PU also seems to be inferior.

Still, to give Mouldy his due, a close battle all season is exactly what we want and need and even a supporter of the Brit drivers like myself can see how good for the sport it is that Ferrari are competitive again. Looking forward to the race as an interested neutral in terms of win - it can only be Max or Leclerc for me if everyone stays reliable - but with a backwards glance at how Russell and Lewis race together and if Lando can do anything at all with an absolute dog of a Maclaren.

Sainz was also very quick, if will have a long tow down that straight to turn 1 from LeClerc - Verstappen will go all out to get the lead but wouldn’t be surprised to see him under pressure from Sainz.

Never been a debate for me that anyone didn’t want close racing in F1, more teams in contention, great battles through the field. With a big regulation change always a concern just 1 team gets the jump but that doesn’t seem to have happened. Expect other teams will also be able to improve their aero and PUs more than others just because their design directions are different and less info from others to compare.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If Ferrari are genuinely competitive for the whole season it'll be fascinating to see what they do with Leclerc and Sainz.

We know that Red Bull will put all their eggs in the Verstappen basket. Ferrari however have two very good drivers who were very hard to separate last season so do they risk letting them race and take points off each other thus potentially giving the title to Max or do they risk pissing off one of their drivers by choosing one driver as the lead man?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If Ferrari are genuinely competitive for the whole season it'll be fascinating to see what they do with Leclerc and Sainz.

We know that Red Bull will put all their eggs in the Verstappen basket. Ferrari however have two very good drivers who were very hard to separate last season so do they risk letting them race and take points off each other thus potentially giving the title to Max or do they risk pissing off one of their drivers by choosing one driver as the lead man?

I think Ferrari will give them 3 or 4 races and will give preference to the one who starts the best. Both will know the importance of a good start to the season and I imagine will give each other no quarter. Now where's my popcorn!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who said that with Russell as a teammate, we’d see that Hamilton’s success was all down to the car? He pulled a whole second (which is gigantic in F1 terms) on his team mate in a completely new car.

Bottas often matched or beat Lewis in quali. The proof of the pudding will be in the races. Russell has an age advantage and Lewis has the experience. Going to be interesting regardless of whether the Mercs are at the front imo

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Bottas often matched or beat Lewis in quali. The proof of the pudding will be in the races. Russell has an age advantage and Lewis has the experience. Going to be interesting regardless of whether the Mercs are at the front imo

Not actually true tho, Hamilton out qualified Bottas 17 times in 2021.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not actually true tho, Hamilton out qualified Bottas 17 times in 2021.

5 times is quite often to me :shrug:

Anyway my point is that some drivers qualify better than they race, Hamilton is not one of them let’s see if Russell is

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not a huge Ferrari fan but would love to see them smash Verstappen today. I used to really,like,him but after his antics last season it’d be great to see him bought down a peg or two. Plus now,he’s lost his #1 fan in Masi hopefully he’ll get punished for his misdemeanours this time around.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Totally lost my mojo with F1 since the farcical end to last season and their politics of trying to justify leaving it as it was. Just looks like a lot went on behind the scenes that the punters aren’t privy to. Now the season is starting, I won’t be investing my time or interest in it.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Should be an exciting season. Some great new car designs, several top drivers, plenty of competitive teams, and - best of all - the wonderful new rule that the championship gets decided by a Kuwaiti sheikh choosing his favourite car during a parade lap at the end of the final race. Great way to put last year’s farce behind F1.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Looking like Max has gone too gung ho chasing down Le Clerc. Certainly some great overtaking between them so far.

Lewis and George seem to have a dog of a car so far

McLaren way off the pace too

Looking forward to this season unfolding

Current bottom six all have a Mercedes engine :ohmy:

Max already being an angry spoilt brat

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking like Max has gone too gung ho chasing down Le Clerc. Certainly some great overtaking between them so far.

Lewis and George seem to have a dog of a car so far

McLaren way off the pace too

Looking forward to this season unfolding

Current bottom six all have a Mercedes engine :ohmy:

Max already being an angry spoilt brat

Lewis & George have something to work on.

The season for uber-privileged Norris and his veteran Aussie teammate is already over before the end of the first race. The McLaren is the worst car in the paddock and won’t improve much this season now.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oooh , this is getting exciting!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here