Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

D

Deleted member 2719

What complete and utter bollocks, you are 100% anti Hamilton and will be gutted if he wins.

If he can come back keeping his gob shut and win, he will gain respect from me.
I am a lando groupie, talented lad, feet firmly on the ground, he will only get better.

What's not to like.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
If he can come back keeping his gob shut and win, he will gain respect from me.
I am a lando groupie, talented lad, feet firmly on the ground, he will only get better.

What's not to like.

Sold out to the Dark Side (moved to tax-haven Monaco - which, let's not forget, is a stick often used to denigrate Hamilton)

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
What complete and utter bollocks, you are 100% anti Hamilton and will be gutted if he wins.

Is it wrong now to not be an LH supporter?

A big part of being a fan of any sport is the ability to support “your man/team” and be able to hurl abuse at the opposition.

I’ve decided this season “my man” will be George Russell - he’ll show that LH has only won races because of the car :clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

A big part of being a fan of any sport is the ability to support “your man/team” and be able to hurl abuse at the opposition.

I’ve decided this season “my man” will be George Russell - he’ll show that LH has only won races because of the car :clap:

The gangly git, Come on Lewis and Lando

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

I'm happy with a bit of reasoned debate. But some of what comes from that particular member goes beyond that.

I'm not an LH fan either, and explained why in last years thread. But I'm not going to make, or support, ridiculous claims with no basis in truth like the one made in this thread recently.

I'm backing both McLaren lads again this season. DR primarily, being a fellow Aussie.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Quiet week in F1. All of the interest is around Mazepin and his future at Haas (or lack of).

After the FIA yesterday bottled it on a golden opportunity to demonstrate that they aren't afraid to take a stance, and instead chose to stop short of banning Russian drivers / teams and instead merely insist that the participate under the FIA flag - today, Motorsport UK has stepped up and banned all Russian / Belarussian licence holding drivers and teams from competing in the UK. For Mazepin, that means he won't be able to participate in the British GP later this year ... unless he asks for, and is granted, a racing licence from another country. Even then, however, I think it's clear from the statement Motorsport UK put out that the UK Government would most likely respond by refusing to grant a visa.

Since the UK ban was put in place, the following national motorsports bodies have also followed suit (any with an F1 race in bold):

UK, Finland, Sweden

I'll update the list if and when more add their own bans.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Was reported last night that Motorsport Australia were considering the same move that Motorsport UK made yesterday and were discussing it with other Australian authorities. No word yet on any decision.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
[tweet]1499323995799408641[/tweet]

2028!?!?!

That's some commitment from Max and Red Bull. Don't think I can recall any F1 driver contract that runs that long before.

D

Deleted member 2719

[tweet]1499323995799408641[/tweet]

2028!?!?!

That's some commitment from Max and Red Bull. Don't think I can recall any F1 driver contract that runs that long before.

Yes, quite amazing, but he is a grounded young man.
Hope he is in the mix this year too.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
FIA has announced that there will be no future Russian GP - they have terminated the contract with the race promoter:

[tweet]1499339326399856641[/tweet]

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Good news in my book - Sochi is such a dead track

The irony being that this year was set to be the last at Sochi anyway - 2023-2025 were due to be held at a new circuit - Igora Drive - near St Petersburg (not to be confused with the Indycar race at St Peterbsurg Florida). This cancellation means that the circuit that was purpose built for F1 will probably never actually see any F1 racing.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Still no news from Haas itself on the future of their Uralkali sponsorship and Nikita Mazespin as driver.

However: rumours are intensifying that Mazepin will not be a Haas driver any more. Pietro Fittipaldi will step up from being reserve driver to race driver for at least Bahrain testing and race weekend. he previously substituted for Grosjean at the end of 2020. Given he was thrown in at the deep end, his 2 F1 performances weren't terrible. His qually run at Sakhir was poor (around 8 tenths slower than Magnussen for a 54-55s lap), but the second race at Abu Dhabi he cut that deficit to nearer 3 tenths. He's not exactly going to set the world alight, but IMO he's at least as good as Mazepin so Haas aren't getting any worse - and it possibly gives them a bit of time o shop around for a better long term replacement (eg carry out negotiations with Alpine for Piastri).

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
The following national motorsports bodies have also followed suit (any with an F1 race in bold):

UK, Finland, Sweden, Germany [no race this year]

No official announcement from Australia yet, beyond indicating they were discussing it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
There was no way a U.S. team was going to be able to start the season with a Russian sponsor let alone Russian driver. Just been a few days getting their legals in order most likely. If they get a new driver who can keep the car on the track they might save a bit in car repair bills too.
Soon as they started removing the advertising, the wtiting was on the wall weren't it! Fittipaldi is the rumoured replacement, but I'd take Piastri or Giovinazzi also!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Mazepin, like Sochi, is absolutely no loss to F1

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Piastri's already said there's no chance of the Haas seat. Fittipaldi is most likely for the Bahrain test and probably Bahrain race. Giovinazzi is also being tipped, but may depend on the details of his Formula E contract and whether Ferrari will grease the wheels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here