Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
FIA have now announced that the Russian Grand Prix will not go ahead as things stand.

Re: Haas and their association with the Mazepin's - they've indicated they will be looking at the legal situation next week. Haas insist they have the funding to carry on without Uralkali, and the rumours have already started that well-funded drivers currently outside F1 have already approached the team about replacing Mazepin in the car. General consensus from what I've seen so far is that it looks like Haas want to cut ties completely, but they want to do it as cleanly as possible from the legal side of things. US and/or UK could do Haas a lot of favours by applying direct sanctions on Mazepin Snr and/or Uralkali.

As far as testing today is concerned: looks like my prediction of a possible 1:17:xxx won't happen. Having said that, they're down to the low 1:19's and I very much doubt that time was done as a low-fuel qually-style performance run. Still suspect a 1:17 is on the table if someone wants to go for it.

Alpine's running is done for this test - they had a hydraulics failure in the morning that caused a small fire and won't be able to get the car back on track. Haas (them again!) may not get much more track time today either - they had an oil leak in the morning.

IIt would also appear that teams/drivers may be pushing the boundaries a little more. After two very clean days in terms of keeping the track under green flag conditions, this morning's session saw 5 red flags. Some for cars having reliability issues, and 2 for spins - including Gasly finding the wall in the Alpha Tauri.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
How much swapping of parts etc. can teams do during these sessions? Can they have various nose and wing options to chop and change?

Yep. But with the budget controls in place now they'll not do this as much as the used to. Several teams have changed the floors on their cars over the test so far, however, and there's been a few other tweaks to aero parts spotted (eg Aston Martin have changed the little winglet/s attached to the front brake duct today).

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
FIA have now announced that the Russian Grand Prix will not go ahead as things stand.

Re: Haas and their association with the Mazepin's - they've indicated they will be looking at the legal situation next week. Haas insist they have the funding to carry on without Uralkali, and the rumours have already started that well-funded drivers currently outside F1 have already approached the team about replacing Mazepin in the car. General consensus from what I've seen so far is that it looks like Haas want to cut ties completely, but they want to do it as cleanly as possible from the legal side of things. US and/or UK could do Haas a lot of favours by applying direct sanctions on Mazepin Snr and/or Uralkali.

As far as testing today is concerned: looks like my prediction of a possible 1:17:xxx won't happen. Having said that, they're down to the low 1:19's and I very much doubt that time was done as a low-fuel qually-style performance run. Still suspect a 1:17 is on the table if someone wants to go for it.

Alpine's running is done for this test - they had a hydraulics failure in the morning that caused a small fire and won't be able to get the car back on track. Haas (them again!) may not get much more track time today either - they had an oil leak in the morning.

IIt would also appear that teams/drivers may be pushing the boundaries a little more. After two very clean days in terms of keeping the track under green flag conditions, this morning's session saw 5 red flags. Some for cars having reliability issues, and 2 for spins - including Gasly finding the wall in the Alpha Tauri.

Correct and only possible decision. Turkey the favourite to come back on?

Let's be honest given his performance it would have been correct for Mazepin to get the boot if money wasn't an object

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Turkey the favourite to come back on?

Turkey is very much the option that's been talked about the most. Apparently there are other options as well, however.

Apparently F1 are giving up around US$50m by cancelling the Russian GP, a substantial chunk of which would have flowed to the teams given how the prize money is structured.

D

Deleted member 2719

Russia was always a nailed on Merc win.

Surely Lewis and Toto will add their weight behind it's a conspiracy to stop Lewis winning again this year?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Meanwhile at Barcelona, Pirelli have sent a bunch of water tankers out on the circuit to soak it for the start of the afternoon session. The goal is to get some running with both full wets and inters completed, but they'll allow the circuit to dry naturally and they'll easily be back on slicks by the end of the session.

Might prove useful for analysing how each teams' aero is working as well - the spray can often be very good at highlighting vortices created off the various surfaces on the cars.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well done for bringing into this thread your hatred for Lewis Hamilton :clap2:
He is a world champion whinger that uses the media, it's a realistic statement isn't it?

I have never liked spoilt brat type sports people, should I panda to their dummy spitting then?

Anyway as much as you feel it's a hate campaign against him it really is just a small scale eye opener to those that are blind to his tantrumns.
I don't do twitter, he does get hate mail from me, I don't mention this any where but NSC, if you don't want to believe it or you just don't care fair enough.

Can't wait to this season if it's all about racing and not complaining.

Hoping lando can split them.

Lando is the man imo. Just hope he has the car.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale

Surely Lewis and Toto will add their weight behind it's a conspiracy to stop Lewis winning again this year?

you really are pathetic aren't you :yawn::yawn::yawn:

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
He is a world champion whinger that uses the media, it's a realistic statement isn't it?

I have never liked spoilt brat type sports people, should I panda to their dummy spitting then?

Anyway as much as you feel it's a hate campaign against him it really is just a small scale eye opener to those that are blind to his tantrumns.
I don't do twitter, he does get hate mail from me, I don't mention this any where but NSC, if you don't want to believe it or you just don't care fair enough.

Can't wait to this season if it's all about racing and not complaining.

Hoping lando can split them.

Lando is the man imo. Just hope he has the car.

To be honest life is too short to be dealing with your crap again this year.
It's a shame you feel the need to spoil the F1 threads every year with your poison and the same comments over and over.

D

Deleted member 2719

To be honest life is too short to be dealing with your crap again this year.
It's a shame you feel the need to spoil the F1 threads every year with your poison and the same comments over and over.

I totally agree.
If you don't feel it's true, why am I spoiling anything, surely I just have a different opinion and that's it.

Why are the Lewis fans still sore? Last season was probably the best season racing ever, everyone was entertained merc actually had competition and so did lewis.
Let's all hope it's the same this season.
I don't care if Lewis wins this year, I just want a tight competitive season.
It appears Lewis supporters struggle if he doesn't win every race, has he created his own bubble of elitest supporter too?

I will predict George will beat lewis on many occasions this season. Can't predict the winner of the championship of course.
Let's just hope F1 is the winner.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

This is nothing other than poisonous hate causing you to post this. I put up with it last year, but this crosses a line. You'll be on my ignore list this year so I can enjoy the thread without your extreme anti-Lewis views.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Few more mutterings from Barcelona re: the Russia GP and possible replacement:

1) There's some talk (emanating from the Sochi promoter) that the race is only suspended, not cancelled. This is important, as until it's actually cancelled a replacement race will be impossible to confirm.

2) Apparently if a replacement race is put in place, it won't be Turkey. The other options mentioned are Qatar (unlikely - they don't want it in the same year as the World Cup) and Portimao in Portugal.

Over at Haas, the hot tip currently is that if Mazepin does get replaced, it'll be Giovinazzi taking the seat. A little Ferrari cash / influence helping make that happen perhaps?

D

Deleted member 2719

This is nothing other than poisonous hate causing you to post this. I put up with it last year, but this crosses a line. You'll be on my ignore list this year so I can enjoy the thread without your extreme anti-Lewis views.

Fair enough.

But surely a tongue in cheek comment testing to see if the healing had begun on here, this seems a bit extreme.

Whatever makes you happy.

Shoe on the other foot, there was an anti max theme on here last season by some, I won't be putting them on ignore.

It's a forum innit.:thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH the Russian Grand Prix should be cancelled every season because it’s shite

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't care if Lewis wins this year, I just want a tight competitive season.

What complete and utter bollocks, you are 100% anti Hamilton and will be gutted if he wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here