Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Lewis NEARLY had Max with that last lap. As always he raised his game when it mattered.

Christian Horner and Red Bull are a bunch of tarts. You have to laugh at their childish behaviour as they try and make out Mercedes are a bunch of cheats.

I was worried that the track would be a bit shit but the potential for drama drama drama tomorrow is massive.

The circuit is great, proper old school . . . . Just what's needed on the F1 calendar as opposed to the sterile shit thats been served up in t recent decades. If our Gov/MSUK had any balls they'd get Brands Hatch back on the calendar, that really would be a good one.

CH is a twunt, I don't honestly think he knows one end of a car from the other, but has carved himself a succesful career by getting involved at the top and 'project managing' . He's clearly good at that. Red BUlls money + Adrian Newey = success. . . . You'd have to be pretty daft to not make something succesful from that pairing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The circuit is great, proper old school . . . . Just what's needed on the F1 calendar as opposed to the sterile shit thats been served up in t recent decades. If our Gov/MSUK had any balls they'd get Brands Hatch back on the calendar, that really would be a good one.

CH is a twunt, I don't honestly think he knows one end of a car from the other, but has carved himself a succesful career by getting involved at the top and 'project managing' . He's clearly good at that. Red BUlls money + Adrian Newey = success. . . . You'd have to be pretty daft to not make something succesful from that pairing.

The entertainment tomorrow is going to come from someone binning it on a kerb because it's too tight to overtake on. I gleaned that from playing the F1 2021 game with The Boy and thought "what does an xBox game know?" but it was absolutely clear today. The Haas going two wide in the final line up in Q1 and stitching up Vettel shows there won't be much overtaking tomorrow. But tyres, spins and team tactics should still make it more interesting than, say, Sochi, Yaas Marina or two laps of Belgium in the rain behind the Safety Car.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The entertainment tomorrow is going to come from someone binning it on a kerb because it's too tight to overtake on. I gleaned that from playing the F1 2021 game with The Boy and thought "what does an xBox game know?" but it was absolutely clear today. The Haas going two wide in the final line up in Q1 and stitching up Vettel shows there won't be much overtaking tomorrow. But tyres, spins and team tactics should still make it more interesting than, say, Sochi, Yaas Marina or two laps of Belgium in the rain behind the Safety Car.

Agreed, however 2 laps of Spa behind the safety car is better than half the calendar!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Agreed, however 2 laps of Spa behind the safety car is better than half the calendar!

:lolol:

I guess the mystery this year is the Saudi street circuit. High speed thrills, procession or car park. It's meant to be fast but we'll see.

Monza next which I like just because it's Monza.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Really hope Giovinazzi can stay out of trouble and get a good haul of points today

He's been quick all through FP's & Quali

What with Kubica in the other car,we don't know if it's down to him or the car

Either way 7th & less than a 10th shy of the Ferraris was a stellar performance

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For those who weren’t alive when F1 was a sport that claimed driver’s lives quite regularly this is fascinating article which throws a very different light on the man Bernie Ecclestone became. Worth a read and those old enough will have memories of how things used to be rekindled.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/54973818

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
For those who weren’t alive when F1 was a sport that claimed driver’s lives quite regularly this is fascinating article which throws a very different light on the man Bernie Ecclestone became. Worth a read and those old enough will have memories of how things used to be rekindled.

Chapman was without doubt a very flawed genius. JYS was quite outspoken in his quest for safer racing. THese days Chapman would be tried for murder what he did with his cars. I've had a little firsthand experience of his cars, they're scary enough on a rolling road, let alone actually moving.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Very interesting reading. Thank goodness for all the safety measures that have been implemented since then.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Chapmans opinions now would be most interesting. Probably quite shocking.

Modern technology and engineering practices have meant good safety has become part of automotive design. Even in historics.

Great start to todays race, extremely close action, amazed there wasn't any damage!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why did Mercedes call Lewis in rather than leaving him to clear traffic by leaving him out for a couple more laps for his second stop?

I’d love to be wrong but I think the Red Bull has got too much for the Mercedes today :down:

Very surprised at the lack of drama in today’s race today

Lewis whinging big time! Is he bluffing…again?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That was disappointingly dull. I was expecting carnage, but nothing. If it wasn't for Perez working his way back through the field that would have been up there with Monaco for lack of excitement.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I’d bin Bottas and replace him with Russell for Monza, if it’s within the laws, for going for fastest lap when he was told to back off and not take it :shrug:

Possibly a bad move when you are going for the World Championship in truth

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Some close racing but ultimately predictable. Bottas's "unintended" fastest lap a vaguely amusing indicator of where Red Bull are better strategically and Lewis's poor pitstop a good indicator of how they are also the better team.

Monza will be different though, Merc weren't kidding there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I like Max asking what Lewis is moaning about this week!

Would be pretty funny if Karen Horner wasn't on the blower to the FIA for the entire race weekend and making up spurious appeals in the gaps between them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hopefully if (as many predict) the 2022 cars are better at overtaking and close running it could make this a must watch GP next season, this season it was a little dull. Will be lost among everything else but for me the best drive was Gasly, the Ferraris have looked decent all weekend and he held them off with ease.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is there anyone else in NSC a land that tried to build the zandfoort track in scalextric?

I remember buying a whole heap of banked track and twisty corners and managed to get it pretty close.

I also built Kialami for those of you who remember the South African GP

Hours of endless fun as a kid.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Max had much too much for Lewis today. Predictable today but next race will be a different ball game. Well driven Max. Of course Lewis will moan, he doesn't like losing just like Max doesn't, its what makes them great drivers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here