Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I actually feel sorry for Max, as when the dust settles, it’s not the way he’ll want to win a Championship and most we’ll know it was won only on a technicality.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I actually feel sorry for Max, as when the dust settles, it’s not the way he’ll want to win a Championship and most we’ll know it was won only on a technicality.

Having seen a bit of Verstappen's thought processes, i'm pretty sure he doesn't really care how he wins

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
There is no way Lewis could pit. Even the tyres Max had on were only 9 laps old or so anyway, they got a free stop to put a Qualifying set on. I’m surprised people are even mentioning it as an option for Lewis - simple equation, if Lewis stops Max stays out or vice versa. Lewis misses out on a crazy set of rules and frankly the race should have finished behind the SC for what would have been a fair result to reflect the racing.

I wasn't suggesting Lewis pitted, I was responding to someone questioning why Max pitted and Lewis didn't by saying the lead car can never put in this situation. Clearly I didn't explain very well! :lol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Having seen a bit of Verstappen's thought processes, i'm pretty sure he doesn't really care how he wins

He absolutely won’t care, and in a way he shouldn’t because he accumulated points over 22 races not just this one and will just think that luck here equals the bad luck he had with a puncture and Bottas clearing him out.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The only people who should be embarrassed are the FIA.

Not quite sure about that.

There are good winners and bad winners.

No need for this dig from Karen, he knew mentioning Lauda would press Mercedes’ buttons.

“Nikki Lauda came up with the concept of 'let them race' and that's what they did.”

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Okay guys I feel the hurt on here. So I will leave this alone for a day or two hoping some level heads will view Max and Red Bull had every right to win that world championship.

You must be watching Hamilton Tv not to have seen Horner and Max not conceded their forturne, but let's face it, winners make their fortune and they made it throughout the season.

Next season will be interesting with George demanding and lewis demanding, what could go wrong?
It's clear that perez will be a team player..........

Go get a prick

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Plenty of rules allow changes to car if a safety issue e.g. Some parts allowed to be changed in parc ferme if it's a safety issue. Could easily change the rule to say no pit stops unless it's a danger/safety issue

Not allowing pit stops though would disadvantage just as many drivers as allowing them does.

If you were in the lead, for example, with a good gap back to second place and due to come in for new tyres - stopping when the SC ended would then mean they would probably come out of the pits in last place!

A better solution IMO would be to reduce the pit lane speed limit during the SC period thus levelling out the total time lost for a pit stop.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Nothing stopped Hamilton getting freht tyres....only his team....

He would have lost track position and then had the race finished behind a safety car would have lost anyway. Max was allowed to pit and then have the four cars in front of him taken out of his way so he, with his brand new tyres, could get right up Lewis's rear axle.

D

Deleted member 2719

Thank **** for that. Can you make a couple years?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When are you going to understand that most people don't care what you think, say or do, because you are always wrong.

Okay so you two have thrown out the bait.

No need to be so bitter and angry towards me.
I am not a Max fan I am an F1 fan.

My last words on this thread Is

"Let them race"

See you in F1 2022.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
So it seems like the rules aren’t rules and that its all at the race directors discretion.
The problem is that race director is Michael Masi and he is a weak, fallible, clueless and incompetent clown. If he’s not removed as a result of this I would be a) surprised and b) not watching next year.
It’s ironic that the FIA were so desperate to avoid this legal / appeal situation before the race as they were anticipating an incident between Max and Lewis, that instead they’ve created the problem themselves.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not quite sure about that.

There are good winners and bad winners.

No need for this dig from Karen, he knew mentioning Lauda would press Mercedes’ buttons.

“Nikki Lauda came up with the concept of 'let them race' and that's what they did.”

Shame they did not let Sainz race against Max on the restart instead he had two of the lapped cars in front of him as the race directors decided they did not need to come through.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Okay so you two have thrown out the bait.

No need to be so bitter and angry towards me.
I am not a Max fan I am an F1 fan.

My last words on this thread Is

"Let them race"

See you in F1 2022.

Let them race is ok but then don't stop for a car crash then. Drive around it, simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here