Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Yes the Vettel announcement must be imminent. Will be fun to see one of the big drivers at a smaller team. Hasn’t happened for a while. And Alonso back at Renault next season as well.

Next season could be decent, there’s talk of trying different quali formats too. Then in ‘22 it’s all new cars.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Yes the Vettel announcement must be imminent. Will be fun to see one of the big drivers at a smaller team. Hasn’t happened for a while. And Alonso back at Renault next season as well.

Next season could be decent, there’s talk of trying different quali formats too. Then in ‘22 it’s all new cars.

It's happened - Vettel confirmed for Aston Martin next year.

Also: Renault name change was confirmed earlier this week as well. Will be rebranded as Alpine and race in a mostly blue livery.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

hopefully V8 saloons !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perez shat on from a great height with Daddy’s boy staying. I hope it’s a car crash of a season for Aston Martin (not literally of course!)

I will be an Alpine fan next season, Alonso being there and named after the car I lust for most in the whole world and the best looking car ever made ...imo

0F9233DE-F8A6-46EA-9666-70EC3BBE13C9.jpeg

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Raw deal for Perez considering he helped save the team a couple of years ago, but he's a good driver with large financial backing so will find a seat somewhere - probably Haas if they finally get rid of the hapless Grosjean. Despite that I could never wish ill on Aston Martin, Ok so its now owned by a Canadian but its such an iconic brand that I want it to do well.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Perez shat on from a great height with Daddy’s boy staying. I hope it’s a car crash of a season for Aston Martin (not literally of course!)

I will be an Alpine fan next season, Alonso being there and named after the car I lust for most in the whole world and the best looking car ever made ...imo

View attachment 128165

Pretty car . . . . although horribly small and cramped inside. Have built a few engines for them over the years, they are very good . . . a mate put one in a Renault 4 on bike carbs, proper sleeper!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pretty car . . . . although horribly small and cramped inside. Have built a few engines for them over the years, they are very good . . . a mate put one in a Renault 4 on bike carbs, proper sleeper!

Only because you are a very tall fecker :lolol:

I’d enjoy watching a race between the Renault 4 you mention and a Citroen 2cv with an Alfasud boxer engine which someone I know built!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Raw deal for Perez considering he helped save the team a couple of years ago, but he's a good driver with large financial backing so will find a seat somewhere - probably Haas if they finally get rid of the hapless Grosjean. Despite that I could never wish ill on Aston Martin, Ok so its now owned by a Canadian but its such an iconic brand that I want it to do well.

Haas would make some sense, or possibly a resurgent Williams? I'd like to see George Russell keep his seat, a pretty good driver there I think.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I reckon Haas *will* change at least one driver for net year, possibly both ... and it's well known they have a preference for experienced drivers. So, I wouldn't be surprised if next year Haas' line up has one of Perez or Hulkenberg. Maybe both, unless Ferrari twists their arms sufficiently to get one of the three young hotshots in a Haas seat.

The other option for Perez is Alfa. If Kimi retires, then Perez will no doubt be a target. Giovinazi will be out, to make way for a Ferrari junior (Mick Schumacher, Schwartzman, or Illott). They may even end up with 2 of those juniors if Haas go Perez/Hulk.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
The other option for Perez is Alfa. If Kimi retires, then Perez will no doubt be a target. Giovinazi will be out, to make way for a Ferrari junior (Mick Schumacher, Schwartzman, or Illott). They may even end up with 2 of those juniors if Haas go Perez/Hulk.

Or if Kimi retires, and Haas get both of Hulk and Perez, another option for Alfa is 1x Ferrari junior from F2 and ... Kvyat, whose seat at Alpha Tauri is under threat from Tsunoda. Gasly/Albon will fill RBR seat 2 and Tauri seat 1, no idea which way around though!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

View attachment 128165

I'm slightly biased, because I got asked to race one at LeMans Classic a few years ago . . . . But always loved them anyway . . . . Early Porsches ar hard to beat aesthetically, simple, pure, effective, and everyone is still copying the same thingCEAA9356-0024-42A0-9838-AA94D54F5256.jpeg

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Right, so Haas have said they're looking at 10 possible drivers for next season: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas-considering-10-drivers-2021/4871881/

They've name dropped 4 of those:

Grosjean
Magnussen
Perez
Hulkenberg

Who would the rest be? They've also mentioned in that article the possibility of going with a young driver, and with their Ferrari connections that probably drops these 3 immediately into contention:

Schumacher
Schwartzman
Illot

They've had a background desire to bring a US driver to the team ever since joining, so might they finally decide one of these is ready and pluck them from Indycar?

Alexander Rossi (has some F1 experience, but would say he's well behind the 7 above at this point given he's not dominated Indy)
Pietro Fittipaldi (current reserve, but would guess unlikely given he's not currently racing)

Might be a couple of drivers currently on the grid they're looking at potentially becoming available if they lose their current seats?

Kvyat (could be replaced at Tauri by Tsunoda)
Giovinazzi (highly likely to be dropped by Alfa in favour of 1 of the 3 Ferrari juniors)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Hulkenberg is the best of that bunch, Perez more tenacious, and has dosh behind him.

Schu jr is highly likely to get a go at some point . . . I told tham I wasn't interested, just going to race my Cortina instead.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
A Hulk / Perez combo is an improvement on both Grosjean and KMag. Question is will either want to go there when the car has been a dog the last few years?
Can see Schumacher Jnr getting the Alfa seat, no matter who wins the F2 championship, you can just tell that Ferrari will be gaging to have the Schumacher name back in F1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here