Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

f*** Off McGhee

fourthteamtillidie said:
He must be doing something right to have provided the club with so much transfer income in the last few seasons and endless parades of Withdean with yet another trophy- not a bad idea.

Ah yes, putting the youth team guy in charge of the first team worked so well last time.

steve-c

agreed, we need a goal scorer but if no one will join us what can mm and dk do. so lets just get behind the team and give them the extra man that they need , espically at withdean, and lets keep the faith, with dk mm the team and the loyal albion support , :albion:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I cant believe people still keep saying its not Mcghee's fault.

Prehaps the money we wasted on Turienzo,McCammon,Malongo etc could have afforded us out goalscorer we needed to sign in the transfer window.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: f*** Off McGhee

Lord Bracknell said:
... and the players he wants WON'T COME.

That may be so but the big question is WHY wont they come?

I do not believe that it is to do with Withdean as I have said before Withdean is better than most premiership reserves play on at the moment.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We play in a Conference sized stadium and yet people expect Championship football .....

Get real :angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Re: Re: f*** Off McGhee

BensGrandad said:

I do not believe that it is to do with Withdean as I have said before Withdean is better than most premiership reserves play on at the moment.

Begins and ends with money which we haven't got.

junior said:
I cant believe people still keep saying its not Mcghee's fault.

Believe it - some of us can see the obvious that scapegoating an excellent manager like McGhee, given the awful circumstances he has to work under, would be utter suicide.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

BensGrandad said:

The training facilities aren't though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Okay Junior, who would you replace him with then ? You seem to think you have all the answers.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks

BensGrandad said:

I think if you're a footballer thinking about a move, you consider whether you want to play for the first teams of the respective clubs.

Maybe (and I'm sticking my neck out here) no-one wants to play for a club with a poor ground, poor attendance, poor facilities and poor wages.

It's just a thought.

BensGrandad said:

We have endless, endless examples of those kind of players going to the clubs in tier 2 with far better set-ups. I really don't know how many more examples you want.

Oct 25, 2003
what a ****ish thread

what do you actually expect mcghee to do with what he has? sign rooney? every signing he makes is a large gamble, as anyone "tried" and "tested" is out of our price range, yes, turienzo was a mistake(not a MM mistake anyway) but carole, frutos, reid, henderson were not

at the beginning of the season what did you ACTUALLY expect for this season? personally i'd be very happy with 4th bottom which is still achievable

give the guy a break for f*** sake

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
Used as an excuse too many times.

It's not an excuse it's simple fact. Try taking a reality pill, who else in this division plays in a stadium as small as ours ? Not many teams play in such a poor stadium in Leagues 1 and 2 either.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I was a premiership reserve e.g. Lee Barnard I would WANT to go to a club like Brighton and play regular 1st team football in the CCC and then go back to Spurs after it ready for the next challenge next season.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Mark McGhee must stay END OF.

As people have already said most players that he has wanted to sign have opted for other clubs, and you cant really blame them, so instead of all this f*** off McGhee malarky, why not get behind the team you support and shut the f*** up. :angry: :angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
tommy boy said:
what a ****ish thread

what do you actually expect mcghee to do with what he has? sign rooney? every signing he makes is a large gamble, as anyone "tried" and "tested" is out of our price range, yes, turienzo was a mistake(not a MM mistake anyway) but carole, frutos, reid, henderson were not

at the beginning of the season what did you ACTUALLY expect for this season? personally i'd be very happy with 4th bottom which is still achievable

give the guy a break for f*** sake

You said it Tommy.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
bhaexpress said:
We play in a Conference sized stadium and yet people expect Championship football .....

Get real :angry:

So is expecting championship level football too much to ask considering the fact that is the division we happen to be in at the moment ?

Must admit, I'm getting bored with the Withdean/no money/no resources etc excuses. All those things existed when we made it into this division (twice), so if we were good enough to get into it, we should be good enough to stay in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here