Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

f*** Off McGhee

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Re: Re: f*** Off McGhee

burrish gull said:
Why don't you just f*** off ansd support another team, who the f*** is going to replace him? Come on answers on a postcard prat

Same old response.

Right..........Andy ritchie,Danny Wilson,Colin Calderwood,Steve Tilson,Matin Allen,Phil Parknson........the list goes on.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: f*** Off McGhee

junior said:
Same old response.

Right..........Andy ritchie,Danny Wilson,Colin Calderwood,Steve Tilson,Matin Allen,Phil Parknson........the list goes on.

Who have achieved what?

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
I haven't even bothered to read through this thread..the title was enough for me!!:angry:

We have had a series of tried and tested managers coping with a very limited budget and a craphole of a ground. What do you honestly expect? Of course not everything McGhee does is perfect e.g 5 goalkeepers on the books right now!!

But whoever posted this-just f**k off yourself!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Zed Seagull said:
:lolol:

Have to laugh every time i see Danny Wilson mentioned.

But he's doing a great job:

20 Bristol City 31 7 5 4 23 16 2 3 10 15 34 -12 35
21 Swindon 31 7 3 5 23 21 1 7 8 9 21 -10 34
22 Hartlepool 31 3 6 6 16 21 5 4 7 13 18 -10 34
23 Rotherham 31 3 6 6 19 18 3 6 7 14 23 -8 30
24 Milton Keynes Dons 30 4 8 3 17 16 1 4 10 10 27 -16 27

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jim in the West said:
Don't know what you do, but, let's say you are a foreman on a construction site, and you have to build a new housing development. You've got a year to build (say) 20 houses. But you can only pay your labourers half the going rate, and you can't rent in any scaffolding, etc. You spend most of your spare time travelling around the country looking for blokes who will work for £3 an hour, but funnily enough you can't find them. Your boss knows you're in a an impossible position, so he doesn't sack you - he actually admires the efforts you're going to. He remembers that the last time he gave you such a thankless task you actually succeeded (miracle of miracles), and thinks you could repeat the trick. Unfortunately you have to put up with a load of stick from a bunch of ill-informed by-standers who try to undermine your efforts. Luckily for the success of the construction company, the boss has a long term vision, excellent judgement, and a good record in ignoring the doom-mongers.

Any self respecting boss would say £3 per hour is obviously not enough to pay for the workers because you cant get any for that so we will up the budget to allow you get some workers in to do the job because at the end of the day the houses will get built and we will then be able to recoupe some of our losses and you are worth more to us overseeing the job in hand than having fruitless journeys all around the country. However at the same time keep your eyes peeled in trade papers and business collegues to see if these cheap options are available.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
Any self respecting boss would say £3 per hour is obviously not enough to pay for the workers because you cant get any for that so we will up the budget to allow you get some workers in to do the job because at the end of the day the houses will get built and we will then be able to recoupe some of our losses.

And that would mean charging the house buyers more so they'll either rent or buy somewhere else.

Try using punctuation next time please BG, it makes reading your diatrabs a trifle easier.

E

enigma

Re: Re: Re: f*** Off McGhee

junior said:
Same old response.

Danny Wilson :lolol:

Cakderwood hasnt got Northampton promoted despite loads of money

Also what has Andy Ritchie done that is so amazing?

Last edited by a moderator:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
bhaexpress said:
And that would mean charging the house buyers more so they'll either rent or buy somewhere else.

Try using punctuation next time please BG, it makes reading your diatrabs a trifle easier.

Sorry I get carried away.

The house prices wouldnt need to rise because you would sell all of them rather than the half that were finished, and lose money on those that weren't.

In our case the money spent on wages for 1 or 2 loan signings would be offset by the increased revenue for next season.

It is a matter of re-allocating the money that was available to buy Tom Brighton.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
Sorry I get carried away.

The house prices wouldnt need to rise because you would sell all of them rather than the half that were finished, and lose money on those that weren't.

In our case the money spent on wages for 1 or 2 loan signings would be offset by the increased revenue for next season.

It is a matter of re-allocating the money that was available to buy Tom Brighton.

Yes but waiting to sell all of them would give you a cash flow problem.

Nigel Clough wouldn't cost us a fortune to get in - a great up and coming coach with fresh ideas and even the £100,000 transfer budget or whatever it would be given to him would seem like millions compared to what he's been used to.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Nigel Clough wouldn't cost us a fortune to get in - a great up and coming coach with fresh ideas and even the £100,000 transfer budget or whatever it would be given to him would seem like millions compared to what he's been used to.

£100,000 in the Conference is worth about £15 million in the Championship to put it mildly. Several other clubs have looked at Clough but nobody's gone in for him yet.

And also, look what a prat his father was when he was here. Not an indicator but frankly the name 'Clough' doesn't impress me a lot.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I do not think McGhee is going to get the sack, Knight has rarely sacked managers, Hinshlewood was moved sideways, not sure if Gritt was sacked or told his contract would not be renewed.

However all this stuff that nobody would want the job is plain rubbish. There are only 92 league managers jobs, yet there are more than 92 managers out there. When Coppell went, the short list that was interviewed was something along the line of Dowie, McGhee, Rosenior and Cotterill. Not a bad short list and we were a league below.

Now every so often people say that relegation would not matter, in fact a promotion season in the run up to Falmer might be good. Well from a business point of view I would say it would be a disaster. OK, there would be a drop in TV money, but I guess that the wage drops that are often written into players contracts would off set that. However we have to build this new ground in the next 3 years and part of the funding is the naming rights. Now a product in League One is going to be worth less than if we are in the Championship. It would seem the various naming rights are worth a few million, so we could lose out on a noticeable amount if we are selling these if in League One. Then there is the matter of selling corporate packages. Business are less likely to want to buy this for a third tier product than a second tier one. Then there is pitch side advertising. Being in League One means less coverage on the League's flagship TV coverage and so less exposure for this advertising, so less revenue coming in.

So relegation is very bad for us now and at present we are in a rut.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bad, but not disastrous.

The club can quite well 'sell' the brand Brighton & Hove Albion to potential investors and sponsors - especially locally. It is eaasily one of the top five brands in the city, possibly the county. Similarly, I don't think the naming rights issue is, well, an issue. The club have been talking to companies for quite a while, so any company that does get the naming rights already knows full well what they are buying into.

I take your point about TV exposure etc, but I would counter that with, even though it would be an a division below, people would want to associate themselves with (assuming we are a top six club in League One) a 'successful' club, rather than a perceived 'struggling' club.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Large One said:
Bad, but not disastrous.

The club can quite well 'sell' the brand Brighton & Hove Albion to potential investors and sponsors - especially locally. It is eaasily one of the top five brands in the city, possibly the county. Similarly, I don't think the naming rights issue is, well, an issue. The club have been talking to companies for quite a while, so any company that does get the naming rights already knows full well what they are buying into.

I take your point about TV exposure etc, but I would counter that with, even though it would be an a division below, people would want to associate themselves with (assuming we are a top six club in League One) a 'successful' club, rather than a perceived 'struggling' club.

Maybe, but I would be reluctant to expose as much of my marketing budget for a product that is residing in a lower level.

E

enigma

Uncle Buck said:
Maybe, but I would be reluctant to expose as much of my marketing budget for a product that is residing in a lower level.

But as TLO says, perhaps the club would be perceived as more succesful if it was doing very well a division below, as opposed to struggling in a division above.

As I see it, relegation wouldnt be great but its not the end of the world. We have three years until Falmer is built, that should be plenty of time to get back up if need be.

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Re: Re: f*** Off McGhee

Ernest said:
And what have I been saying for ages :angry: :angry: :angry:

So whats your magical cure then ??

You haven't got one !!

Running a football club costs shit loads of money,something we don't and won't have for some time.

Unless Uncle Ernie can supply the goods I suggest he shuts up and gets behind the Albion.
We've been left in an awful position by Archole,Bellend and Stumpy.
Dick Knight saved us then and is trying his best now,take your mask off and face the truth.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Uncle Buck said:

Even if it is clearly going to be associated with an 'up and coming' brand? No matter how poor we are leading up to the opening of Falmer, the history and coverage of getting there eventually (we hope) will get MASSIVE coverage. That alone makes it a worthwhile proposition for one season at least-and the lead up to its opening.

I also believe that once it is up an running, Falmer will attract better quality at every level: players, management, main sponsor, etc., etc. Anybody with any knowledge of football wanting to invest in BHAFC will know that the potential is enormous and I would think would be willing to take the risk. I would.

I still want us to stay up though!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here