Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "F*** OFF DE ZERBI, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!"

Did you shout: "F*** OFF DE ZERBI, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Why is no one talking about fodens horrible dive the cheating ****? Or the linesman who didn’t see the ball go out and put his flag out for adringa twice when it wasn’t offside?
I don’t think it was a deliberate dive but he certainly slipped over on the wet pitch without the help of an Albion player. Mind you, he’d been fouled immediately before that so it could be poetic justice. I thought the trip on Pedro that wasn’t given as a penalty was the most glaring misjudgment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I voted 'It was me' because I'm childish. It wasn't - but TBH I am getting quite bored of the bloke.

He could be a great coach, but he's swallowed all the hype, and definitely isn't quite as good as he thinks he is. If he was he'd be able to modify his tactics to better suit the available players, when required. And he'd be able to coach a team to defend better than we do. If his tactics only work with his perfect XI, then they basically DON'T work.

Last night's performance by RDZ was a shambles. But I'm sure Pep told him it was great / brave / unique, and he went home feeling pretty chuffed with himself.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I voted 'It was me' because I'm childish. It wasn't - but TBH I am getting quite bored of the bloke.

He could be a great coach, but he's swallowed all the hype, and definitely isn't quite as good as he thinks he is. If he was he'd be able to modify his tactics to better suit the available players, when required. And he'd be able to coach a team to defend better than we do. If his tactics only work with his perfect XI, then they basically DON'T work.

Last night's performance by RDZ was a shambles. But I'm sure Pep told him it was great / brave / unique, and he went home feeling pretty chuffed with himself.
My heart doesn't want to but my head pretty much agrees with this ^ 😞
He has it in him to be a great coach but could really do with sitting in a quiet room & getting over himself

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We came out for the 2nd half fired up, we showed City a lot less respect and started to at least get nearer to them and try to be more physical. They actually didn't like it and we competed more.
IMO a lot of that was because Lallana and Veltman were no longer on the pitch but also I'd expect a flea in the ear from the boss.
I've been saying since Hinsh was injured that there is not enough energy on the pitch. Younger players bring energy. I never want to see Gross and Lallana start in the same Albion midfield ever again.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
We came out for the 2nd half fired up, we showed City a lot less respect and started to at least get nearer to them and try to be more physical. They actually didn't like it and we competed more.
IMO a lot of that was because Lallana and Veltman were no longer on the pitch but also I'd expect a flea in the ear from the boss.
I've been saying since Hinsh was injured that there is not enough energy on the pitch. Younger players bring energy. I never want to see Gross and Lallana start in the same Albion midfield ever again.
I never want to see Lallana play in the Albion midfield ever again. Full stop. End of story. Him and Milner complete waste of wages.

I'd rather we gave youngsters opportunities even if they don't necessarily get us instant results. Yes, they will make mistakes but they will be hungry and won't lack in effort. True, this policy might not see us back in Euro places for a few years but it does give them experience for a few years down the line. RDZ gave young Hinsh his opportunity and he grabbed it with both hands. He is a real gem.

With their lower wages and eagerness to do well I think we will get far more bang for our bucks from youngsters than from a pair of clapped out carthorses headed for the knackers yard.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Wow, controversial Cdr, next you’ll be suggesting Woman’s football is rubbish…. 😂
Ha. I think RDZ is a brilliant Coach, but if he is as miserable as he has come across as in the last few months, then we should get someone else in who wants to be here.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

This sums it up for me perfectly.

He’s got nothing out of this team for two months and sticks with the same tactics week in week out which clearly aren’t working with the players we currently have.

Add to the fact he’s touted himself out for bigger roles, the good feeling towards him is fading somewhat. I’ve posted elsewhere but if we lose Sunday I can see the noises certainly become louder and from more sections of the fans.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ha. I think RDZ is a brilliant Coach, but if he is as miserable as he has come across as in the last few months, then we should get someone else in who wants to be here.
Have a look at yesterday's post match interview on BBC. He seemed absolutely fine. Said all the things I hoped he'd say. No emoting. No sulking.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He looks exhausted. I honestly think he might be done here.

On a side note, it always amazes me how bad some of these interviewers are. It's like they've never had any interview training. Constant closed questions and constantly putting words into the interviewees mouth.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I don't understand why only one person apparently said this.....?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There’s lots of clutching at straws on this thread. Let’s not kid ourselves, the Foden slip does not excuse what was a very poor showing.

And if we are thinking that having a fit March, Mitoma, Lampty etc would have made a difference, then I’d suggest you watch the game again and look at how we set up in the first half and invited City to score.

The second half, we kept them at bay a bit more and went a little more direct, but by that time City had nothing to play for. The game was won!

Now we either back De Zerbi with better players who can play his brand of football without fear, or he/we change tact, because this isn’t about one game. It’s been building for months and if we don’t change something then we will be relegated next year.
Backing De Zerbi with better players suggests upgrading the whole defence.
They are the ones who have the pressure of being faultless 5 -10 yards from their own goal, playing with 100% accuracy, with top opposition players standing close by waiting for one mistake. It is an intense and demanding system that very few teams in the world could play without mistakes. We make mistakes all over the pitch and yet we are expected to be faultless across 20-25 yards, in an area containing plenty of bodies and with the most pressure anywhere on the pitch.
RDZ may spend his whole career trying to perfect a system that can never be perfect. Footballers make mistakes. To demand absolute accuracy so close to your own goal is idealistic and unrealistic. Teams have worked out now to push up high against us, breathe down our necks and harry us into mistakes. Our players aren't given any ' settling in ' period in games....finding their feet....feeling their passes......its full on from kick off.
City demonstrated how to move the ball quickly, simply and accurately, often giving us no time to settle. Top, confident players, with complete mastery of the basics.
To me, we overplay. The high number of touches in our own box leads to too many touches higher up the pitch. We can refine our style. The big question is....will RDZ be prepared to compromise if and when he accepts that adjustment is needed. Fully fit, we have a good squad, with talented youngsters, all maturing....or will he move on to greener pastures, with another set of players to try and carry out his masterplan. History suggests that he won't stay anywhere too long.

RDZ doesn't work on percentages. He has laid down his blueprint and sticks to it. Irrespective of the opposition. He doesn't alter course mid match.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Backing De Zerbi with better players suggests upgrading the whole defence.
They are the ones who have the pressure of being faultless 5 -10 yards from their own goal, playing with 100% accuracy, with top opposition players standing close by waiting for one mistake. It is an intense and demanding system that very few teams in the world could play without mistakes. We make mistakes all over the pitch and yet we are expected to be faultless across 20-25 yards, in an area containing plenty of bodies and with the most pressure anywhere on the pitch.
RDZ may spend his whole career trying to perfect a system that can never be perfect. Footballers make mistakes. To demand absolute accuracy so close to your own goal is idealistic and unrealistic. Teams have worked out now to push up high against us, breathe down our necks and harry us into mistakes. Our players aren't given any ' settling in ' period in games....finding their feet....feeling their passes......its full on from kick off.
City demonstrated how to move the ball quickly, simply and accurately, often giving us no time to settle. Top, confident players, with complete mastery of the basics.
To me, we overplay. The high number of touches in our own box leads to too many touches higher up the pitch. We can refine our style. The big question is....will RDZ be prepared to compromise if and when he accepts that adjustment is needed. Fully fit, we have a good squad, with talented youngsters, all maturing....or will he move on to greener pastures, with another set of players to try and carry out his masterplan. History suggests that he won't stay anywhere too long.

RDZ doesn't work on percentages. He has laid down his blueprint and sticks to it. Irrespective of the opposition. He doesn't alter course mid match.

Your last sentence reminds me of how Potter was good at changing things that weren’t working in game. He changed things during a game as often as RDZ changes his starting line ups. Just saying :smile:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Also, towards the end of the first half, Foden clearly offside, but the linesman lets the play continue (no doubt in the hope that Foden scores) then flags for offside when the break peters out. Second half, as soon as he believes a Brighton player his flag goes up immediately.

Now if this was Nottingham Forest, no doubt they would be issuing another club statement on the quality of the officials.
When Veltman was fouled in the first half and the ref didn't give it, the lino on the West side turned his head away to pretend he hadn't seen the foul. It was clearly easier for him to do this than disagree with the man in charge - hopeless all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here