Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

f***ing CRAP: The official post match comments thread

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
This makes me appreciate what Peter Taylor did in taking over someone else's team a bit more.

Everyone says he had it easy, but he kept things going, which is better than's happening at the moment.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A truly shocking display. No passion, no guts, no commitment, no class, no talent. Promotion? No chance.

:angry: :angry:

Jim Byrne

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing / Cheltenham
well, what with being at uni and all, this was my first albion game this season . . . . . man i wish i'd saved my dosh!

first half was pathetic, NSC Albion defended better against the fulham fans this morning than the albion did against city. Sum1 i spoke to, seagullible i think, made a good point . . the way the albion defended in the 1st half, the bloody fulham FANS team would have beaten them.

2nd half showed sum promise, they stoppe pumping mahoosive high balls upto our towering forward line and tried to keeo the ball on the deck. . . we just could cunjour up that extra lil something to put it in the ol onion bag.

Things better start to pick up soon or we will be facing mid table or even relegation come the end of the season.

rant over :dunce:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stockport was rock bottom. Bristol City were about the best team to visit Withdean this season. They were streets ahead of us and will finish well ahead of us - most probably we won't even be in the same half of the table.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stockport was rock bottom. Bristol City were about the best team to visit Withdean this season. They were streets ahead of us and will finish well ahead of us - most probably we won't even be in the same half of the table.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I feel sorry for Mark McGhee. He must be wondering what did he did to deserve to be working with such a feeble group of players.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Tom Hark said:

sorry but I thought Bristol city were actually quite poor as well. They were well organized and took their chances well but thought they were nothing special. QPR and Swindon both played much better at Withdean in my opinion.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Boy, am I glad that I missed the debacle (thanks Network Rail). Haven't any of you got any glimmers of hope for the rest of the season, it sounds totally grim?

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
My feelings run with Marvin and that of Superphils (I think) on the phone in last night.

75% of the players on that pitch have a Division 2 Championship medal at home. Players don't become bad overnight - so what's changed?

Bobby certainly added an extra dimension with his superb hold up play, which gave time for our midfield to get in support following the long ball out of defence. Although LK bangs in his goals, he doesn't give us that option, due to his height.

Blackwell and Rogers are certainly missed, but it's not the whole answer. We certainly aren't playing together properly as a unit, we have midfield problems, but Oatway's abscence isn't the cause - he was a bit part player as a sub, and in my opinion he never seemed to turn games for us anyway.

The off-field camaraderie is still present according to interviews, but we can't get the ball on the floor and play simple passes.

I don't subscribe to some of the views that call for wholesale change. Most may not be good enough for Div 1 (although with SC at the helm for a whole season we could even debate that), but they ARE good enough for this one - we should get an automatic spot if we can get back the form of the latter part of last season.

It's a puzzler right now and make no mistake.:(

On current form this is going to be a long hard season, at the moment we have to worry about stopping the rot rather than any thoughts of promotion.

I agree with those who feel that many players have reached their sell buy date. I would like to think that the team that takes the field against wrexham in May will be radically different to the one took the field yesterday.

It'll be tough for McGhee but I think he has to try and rebuild a new team in his own image. It was interesting to hear his comments after the game, that he told the players if they want to be part of the future at BHA then they are going to have to play better or they are out.

I can see new loans coing in, and other squad members like Piercy, harding, Hammond, el-abd getting a chance at the expense of their more experienced team mates.

If there is any, and I am clutching at straws here, glimmer of hope at the moment, it is that we changed the style of play in the second half and at least started to play some constructive football. We need to continue playing in this vein, and we might start to give McPhee and Knight the service they deserve.

Also what has happened to DC, he has lost it. I can't understsnd the criticism of Butters, he is our best defender at the moment.

Albion Rob

I spent yesterday sat outside Arundel Castle for six and a half hours, and it sounds like I had a much better time than I would have done going to Withdean.

When we won Division Two we had a striker that could score goals for fun, a team supplying him with good chances and a compact side with a lot of spirit and an etohs of 'die for the cause'.

This season, we have a striker who knows where the goal is, but players not creating chances for him and we look strung out across the back all the time.

I have tried to steer clear of this, but despite his improvement, I wonder if Butters lack of mobility is stopping other defenders doing their job properly and making them a bit edgy, because from the games I have seen lately we look like conceding every time the opposition go forward and just hoof the ball out whenever we win the ball.

Maybe we were in a false positin, maybe we just got off to a flier? Who knows, maybe mid-table is the best we can hope for. I reckon we could push for the playoffs with a bit of passion and commitment. Only results up until Christmas will make things clearer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here