Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

extra seats?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I should imagine they would rather like another 5k-10k extra paying customers each week. They just need to get the catering quantities sorted.....

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
I would rather have it stay as it is, rather than put the extra seats in then have some empty. A stadium feels wrong with alot of empty seats, and I dont think we would fill it if they were put in TBH. Just my opinon!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You are obsessed about these extra seats. How many threads do you start a week on the matter?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Got the feeling that while we stay in championship these will not be put in,if we go up then straight in? The club probaly like the supply/demand balance at the moment??? keeps the season tickets holders interested! Do we need more seats in this division?:moo:
There's already been a thread started today about the extra seats. You should know - you started it!

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Perhaps one corner down the south end yes , and utilise the one of the north end corners for a ramped covered area where our disabled supporters can watch the match in relative comfort when the heavens open ,the sight of people in wheelchairs at grounds up and down the country dumped at the side of the pitch seems a little antiquated in these modern days of super stadia .

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
They might put a few thousand in first and see how it goes. If we get planning permission it doesn't mean that they all have to be put in at once.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
fill in the south east corner. Then move the away fans into the cup/comp section of east and the corner and give brighton half the south stand at all games and all the south when only a 1000 or so away fans

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon filling the corners in over the Summer would give the club a little bit more flexibility for now. Adding the extra tier to the East Stand can probably wait another year.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
filling in the corners is a must I believe, we have seen this as most games have been sellouts and even if we sell the corner seats last because if they dont sell as said we can just cover them with A) a sponser or B) our logo

BUT before the club could even think of more seats going in they would seriously need to think about improving the trains, buses, coaches and car spaces as it really would be a nightmare 1,000's of more people trying to get on them, I know its unrealistic due to funding, time to build and local people moaning but 1. there should be a multi story car park close by to fit loads more cars in 2. maybe another train line running into brighton from falmer or a 3rd platform which then linked to the current rail line to go to brighton 3. some sort of tram line from falmer end up close to town

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
think we should probaly just fill in two of the corners for now, either the 2 south or 2 west corners. And has anyone actually got a link to confirmation from the club that we CAN BUILD a second tier on the east? Heard it discussed on here but never realised it was officially possible.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
think we should probaly just fill in two of the corners for now, either the 2 south or 2 west corners. And has anyone actually got a link to confirmation from the club that we CAN BUILD a second tier on the east? Heard it discussed on here but never realised it was officially possible.

Without a doubt 100% possible.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I know its unrealistic due to funding, time to build and local people moaning but 1. there should be a multi story car park close by to fit loads more cars in 2. maybe another train line running into brighton from falmer or a 3rd platform which then linked to the current rail line to go to brighton 3. some sort of tram line from falmer end up close to town

I know you said its unrealistic but even that is way of the mark, The chances of a MULTI BLOODY STOREY car park being built in Falmer is about the same as me playing for Brighton.
Without thought once the cars want to leave the multi story were do you propose they go? It'd be more sensible to turn the A27 into a car park.

A second train line and third platform? Just not going to happen, there isn't the room or money.

PM said last year that putting the bridge over the stadium had to be scheduled in THREE years before it was done.

I'm sorry but dream land.

We will have to wait untill the Brighton Acadamy down the way opens so we can use there, Whilst applying to keep Bennetts field (which would be tough in its self) and increasing the organisation of bus, coach and car movements by trained stewards along with an increase of fans using the coaches and staying later.

I usually stay after game have a pint leave about 45mins to an 60mins after the game is over and I'm home within 15mins. Obviously not everyone can hang around though.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A new platform and train line would cost as much as the Stadium on its own in all likelihood. Mental if you think any of that will happen.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I don't want them putting in anymore seats until someone spends five minutes explaining to the thick twats at the park and ride that they can fill 2/3 etc buses at a bloody time.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Why do you think that is going to be difficult?

Really can't see what it can be used for other than what it currently is.

I'm just sure I heard something on here about it really is only a temp area and that it'd be unlikely to keep it. I said I hope we do as it'd be very usefull to have that and BACA car park alongside eachother.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd very much like a second tier on the East stand asap, as it'll look a lot better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here