Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extra hour and half at Selhurst!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
There's no way any set of fans would be kept back anything like that long, its scaremongering bobbins.
Keeping fans back any longer than half an hour tops would do nothing but incite frayed tempers and aggravation.

Pretty sure when we lost 5-0 it was over an hour.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pretty sure when we lost 5-0 it was over an hour.

It was a grisly day all round, but we were not still in the ground over an hour after the final whistle. I'm absolutely positive of that.

I very much doubt anyone will still be locked in beyond 5.30 next week at the very latest. In fact I'd be amazed (appalled) if it gets to 5.30 with fans still entombed in that hellhole.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
They normally always keep the home fans in the ground which is quite despicable considering we're the majority, so why would they keep the away fans in for another 90 minutes? I'd be amazed if they kept you in at all.

You might not realise it considering how Pro-Brighton it is, but The Argus really is a shocking newspaper.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the more i hear about all the shit around this game, the more i am regretting buying a ticket.

I first went to selhurst in 1974/5 and have never missed an albion game there since...but i am seriously thinking of putting my ticket on the exchange ..... people say football is so much better than in the past, but i can never remember not looking forward to a palace game.

Last edited:

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
Horrible Idea if the Police do that I feel for you all win lose or draw that's way OTT for any fottie fan to suffer! we have so many train stations I don't see why they cant have trains at Norwood Jnc ready for you and stop Palace fans from using it until your all away??????????
Or holding you for 20 mins max is a good idea but any more than that is crazy

I was amazed they let Palace fans out to mix with BHA fans after the 1-3 game with 3 late goals and potential for flare ups!
couldn't understand why they did it with all the risk? they said its a community stadium so they want harmony!!
Hahaha can you imagine any game between us going off with out any problems?
Maybe REMF :)

Maybe REMF :)

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
the more i hear about all the shit around this game, the more i am regretting buying a ticket.

I first went to selhurst in 1074/5 and have never missed an albion game there since...but i am seriously thinking of putting my ticket on the exchange ..... people say football is so much better than in the past, but i can never remember not looking forward to a palace game.

Even If you had to stay behind for 2 hrs old school fans like us wouldn't care a monkeys, I would queue for days so as not to miss a Palace Bha game, It wont be all that bad, or at least I hope not.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
what makes you think it's sensational?

Ok hyper-bowl would probably be a better expression. There is no way they'll keep us in for 90 mins.

I can't see them letting us have a fire. Not unless it's really cold anyway.

Nah you're right, wooden stand......that would be vastly improved if it caught fire!

It was over two hours when we took 6,000 for the 5-0. I got back home (about 5 miles away in Wimbledon) at 8.30pm. Horrendous day.

Really? I know we got held for a bit but I would have said it was 30 mins tops.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I first went to selhurst in 1974/5 and have never missed an albion game there since...but i am seriously thinking of putting my ticket on the exchange ..... people say football is so much better than in the past, but i can never remember not looking forward to a palace game.

I had a mate sorting tickets for this, and after deliberating for a while, I turned it down - so far, its not a decision I'm regretting.

Of course if we achieve an epic win then a big part of me will definitely feel I've missed out. But as I make my way back from the Amex after watching it on the beamback, win lose or draw, I know I'll be happy not to be caught up in the shambles after the game. If we've won, I'll get a train into town and carry on the celebrations in a Brighton hostlery. If we've lost, I'll probably just flounce off home for a massive sulk. Whatever happens though, it'll be on my own terms at least.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
They normally always keep the home fans in the ground which is quite despicable considering we're the majority, so why would they keep the away fans in for another 90 minutes? I'd be amazed if they kept you in at all.

So by normally you mean last season.

You might not realise it considering how Pro-Brighton it is, but The Argus really is a shocking newspaper.

Oh no we're fully aware!

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
So by normally you mean last season.

They've been doing it to us for a few years now but mainly against Millwall.

Remember, it has nothing to do with CPFC, it's the Met Police and their incredibly overzealous tactics which are taking all the fun out of local derbies.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
They've been doing it to us for a few years now but mainly against Millwall.

Remember, it has nothing to do with CPFC, it's the Met Police and their incredibly overzealous tactics which are taking all the fun out of local derbies.

Ahhh apologies, I thought you meant against us.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
But you said in your first post that you were glad You were not going, not the attitude from someone who thinks if we lose this game it's the end of life as we know it :)

I will be sat on my couch beer in hand watching on a live stream,

I will not be kettled after the game, Last season was a farce and I nearly missed the last tube train, being a night game.

I really dont know how the morons who want to cause trouble manage to get tickets, I was out of the country for a few days and when I returned I could not get a ticket....do I care?? at the moment no.

Oh and my Palace supporting mate will be here watching as well.....Thats how football should be

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
This time we're only taking 2,600 though. I don't see why they don't let us out first. Half of us seem desperate to get out of the Amex at 85 mins after all. They should just keep Palace in for twenty minutes afterwards and let all the Albion go, making sure nobody hangs around and getting everyone gone by the time Palace get out. Surely that makes more sense? Keeping the away team in is ridiculous.

Also, how is this different to last year? We didn't get kept in last year, and I thought the Met handled it all pretty well.

I thought it was done well last year too, although the Palace fans kicked up a right fuss about the metal wall and having to go home a different direction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here