[Albion] Extra 500 Boro tickets already available

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I've only been to seven games this season but got one a while ago (think it was around day of Bham game).

Superfan living abroad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They were opened up at 8.56am, not 8.40am. This is exactly the same time (4 minutes early) as the Charlton tickets went up. I guess their system clock is just a tad ahead, that's all.

Sadly the "system" is someone having to press a button I'm afraid. Or it certainly was until recently as on one occasion that person forgot to press the button!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Or in other words... I never really fancied Blackburn, Preston, Yeovil or Bristol City but as it could be Chelsea, Arsenal & Man Utd I am now interested and the system is unfair?

That is how it will be perceived... It is only fair that the loyalty point system is kept and I am sure there will always be enough tickets to go around for people to start going to away games.

No you haven't read my post properly. I said I was in favour of loyalty points but the club MIGHT have a duty to encourage younger fans to go away so they can become the uber fans of the future. It's a pattern I've followed myself. In the late 80s and early / mid 90s I did pretty much every game home and away but I never got any credit for it as it was PoTG. I stopped going more than three times a season when we were at Gillingham because it depressed me, then I moved away. Now I'm back I initially didn't do aways at all because of my two young kids but now they're older I do more (STH and four aways this season). That's a natural pattern. If no one replaces the drop offs our away support will end up shit again.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
So, the tickets were on sale through the website before 9am. A friend managed to bag 5 for his son and friends at 8.40am whilst I was still on the train into London. Not happy.

The Club have assured me that only one ticket was available for each season ticket holder. Would be good to know if the son and friends are all season ticket holders. Good luck to them but would be embarrasing for the Club.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Club have assured me that only one ticket was available for each season ticket holder. Would be good to know if the son and friends are all season ticket holders. Good luck to them but would be embarrasing for the Club.

I'd assume so too. I don't think they were open to anyone without a ST status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Could be because I had my card stolen and didn't get another one until it was too late? The club have in my opinion not handled it as efficiently as they could. Yes the card thing is bad luck and obviously not their fault but the jump down in points was large and turned the whole thing into a binfest that could've been avoided. This morning is worse, three times I got through to the buy tickets screen and three times no further. I was on and logged in at 8:55 hard to see what else I could've done?

got mine and I was on a speed awareness course with my phone under the table......so it worked for me.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
got mine and I was on a speed awareness course with my phone under the table......so it worked for me.

Seems to be plenty who got them and plenty who didn't with very little rhyme or reason attached. I turned my phone off to ensure no distractions and still failed, with people who logged on later having no problems it was 9.15 when I gave up. Who knows?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports