Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Explosion in the West Worthing/Durrington area

Around 15 minutes ago the whole house shook from what appeared a gigantic explosion. Every curtain in the street was twitching! A friend in the Durrington area said his house also shook. Anyone in that area any idea what it was?

Cairnsinho

Jul 14, 2003
I live in a road that runs parallel with Durrington High School, whole bloody house shook when the explosion (or whatever it was) happened.

People in the houses that back on to the playing fields believe it has something to do with the same site as the crane accident, Littlehampton Road was closed off again, been a few blue flashing lights about, just hoping it's nothing too serious.

A mate of mine in Sompting heard it as well, certainly scared the shit out of me.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Adams score 0 said:
Not that far away and heard nothing.
But the wife will feel the ground shake later.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Are you going to jump up and down in the bedroom then ? Or were you running around the front room ?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
nail-Z-gull said:
my mother in law lives in the area. She probably caught someone stepping on her daffs

:lolol: :lolol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I live about 400 yards away from the crane and my house shook like f***.The Littlehampton road was shut staight away behind us and just about every one in our road was out rubber necking.The crane still seems to be standing though.:ohmy:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just had another SHIITTTTTTTT!:ohmy:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not a shit an explosion.:ohmy:

Jul 7, 2003
Great - just put my little 'un to bed and they keep trying to blow things up. What chance of getting him to sleep now?

What was wrong with doing it during the day?

Cairnsinho

Jul 14, 2003
F**k my old boots. Can't believe anybody living close by didn't hear/feel that one.

Load of smoke or dust came up from the same site after the last bang and more fire engines have just turned up. It's like the rush hour along my road as all the traffic seems to be being diverted down this way.

Some of the poor old grannies must be bricking it around here, I'm a rock hard son of a bitch (not entirely true) yet it's still giving me the willies.

Jul 7, 2003
Does it look serious - any liklihood of people being moved out from their homes?

I'm on a callout list to help with emergency planning so could be a long night if there is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here