Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Expensive ballpoint pens

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I've got a couple of Montblancs but they're in a drawersomewhere. Bought them 'because I could' at the time, but I now grab the nearest biro and don't give a monkeys.

Are expensive pens worth it? Are they chuff. It's all in the eye of the beholder though, and if they make you happy then good for you! :smile:

I have two Montblancs, one biro and one fountain. Lovely pens, but stuck in a drawer and very rarely used.

Less of a status symbol, but meant to be very good, are Fisher space pens.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Does anyone buy really expensive pens?

I looking for gift ideas and in John Lewis online a ballpoint pen by Montblanc was a £180. I really like Parker Jotter pens, you can get one from about £10 and I thought they were expensive, but they are good quality and I like they are refillable. I could never imagine spending £180 on one.

I was just curious if anyone had an expensive pen and is it really worth the price?

I got given a Montblanc by a supplier once. Never leaves the house as I do not wish to lose it.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I prefer fountain pens (although I do have a couple of Fisher Space pens and, whilst pretty bulletproof, they aren't great writers).
Of all of them I prefer the Cross and Lamy ones (about £40/£80 respectively).

You can get some very nice vintage fountain pens in the £100-200 range.

Never tried a montblanc so couldn't comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here