Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Excellent match report from Watford perspective

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we're talking about the intense pleasure I can expect for my £595, I'm afraid your Russian model is not doing much for me, but I have found a CONGOLESE HUNK who finds just the right spot.

I didn't say whether it was male or female.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
It's so great to see the views of opposing fans who aren't knuckle dragging homophobic, racist monkeys who can barely spell their own names and think our ground is shite because it has no 'character' ( i.e. It isnt falling down and doesnt smell of piss). Well done.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we're talking about the intense pleasure I can expect for my £595, I'm afraid your Russian model is not doing much for me, but I have found a CONGOLESE HUNK who finds just the right spot.

mmmm, if it is a Congolese Hunk the right spot must be just below your rib cage.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
The first part of paragraph 4 says it all about our struggles in the final third. Good interesting read. Need more views and opinions like this

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Generally very good, very well written - however they WERE dirty, shame he has a blind spot about that. They were constantly leaving the foot in, shoving players over, coming in from behind, and their lad did shove/whack Barnes in the face.

The same moans about Blackpool in a different report. Colourful language but well written if a shade superficial/intuitive.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As I've said on more than one occassion this season is "work in progress" for us and this excellent and fair report summarises how far we've come and what we need to make us a real force in this division. I know we've flirted with the play-offs and we all feel a sense of massive disappointment that we didn't make it but our position at the end of the season will accurately reflect where we are. I think it will take 1 maybe 2 more seasons and then we will be there, at which point I believe we really will be something beautiful to behold. We've done brilliantly this season thanks to Tony, Gus, Tanno and the players - OK, not all the players are gonna survive Gus's cull but that doesn't make them bad players, they've just found their level and we still owe them a debt of gratitude for all their effort, hard work and commitment to the cause. Next season's going to be even better and if we haven't been promoted next year Year 3 is going to be truly memorable.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
A very good read, but I suspect we like it mainly because he's very flattering towards us.

Always encouraging when football conversations venture beyond neanderthal territory. I enjoy mutual respect between rival supporters - it is possible to be full-blooded in your support but also respect opposition supporters and the way their team plays.

There is a tendency to come away from every game convincing yourself that the other team were ordinary, their supporters quiet, the referee bent, that all away grounds are terrible.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'll add my name to the list of those praising the writing - excellent, imparting a genuine sense of empathy from another football fan that our place is more than just a football ground, it's the embodiment of what we fought to keep the club alive for.

On Barnes, the ref's failure to red the bloke for a hand in his face does not excuse the frankly embarrassing reaction, going down like he'd been punched on the Adam's apple by Mike Tyson. I don't like to see that from anybody, and as a result of it, I was quietly pleased the card was yellow.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That was a very enjoyable read.

Reminded me of when fanzine editors used to send in a write up of their club's season in the late nineties in a book called Survival Of The Fattest. Great humour and a "our season was worse than yours" sort of thing.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
What a bloody good read. He's obviously very complimentary about our stadium and style of play which all albion fans will be very flattered by, but he has a way with words and turn of phrase that is very clever. More broadsheet than tabloid.

hornet94

Apr 11, 2012
this guy has been writing post-match articles since before i was born (at least i think so) so has plenty of experience under his belt and is a very good journalist. my thoughts:

the match was dominated by you, stats certainly don't lie. a prevailing thought from the match was that I felt as if cms is one of those strikers who does the legwork and gets into brilliant positions, only to fluff it in front of goal. shame to see that from a fellow watford fan (as well you may know). as soon as i read the lineout on the brighton-falmer train i knew buckley was going to cause us trouble and trouble he did. brilliant player for us (the game mentioned by someone above was qpr away last year), unpredictable and sneaky- was sad to see him go. fair play to him though for not celebrating (even if i did stand up and laugh at him when he had his nearly chance in the 1st half). vicente is brilliant and it'll be a coup to keep him (though i really think you need to change the chant for him, it sounds as if you're rushing to say vicente to keep in time with the chant).

i can't lie that we are a hoofball team and that we are a little bit dirty (what do you expect we got 3 promotions in 6 years, finished 2nd in our first season in the first division, played in europe and in the fa cup final through hoofball-pioneers :D) (f off west ham, the hoofball is ours). but i also felt that some of your players did go down too easy at some times.

in the end i went there to see the amex and i was amazed. stadium looks brilliant and shiny. our atmosphere was good-ish in the first half but as soon as your first happened my head literally couldn't take the noise. brilliant atmosphere and would definitely like to go again (but never midweek- came home at 2am after missing a few trains thanks to the crowd :angry: )

ultimately there's no doubt a draw favoured watford and once again we'll finish a season where we 'defied the odds' (you'd really think the bookies would be smarter or would realise we always pull through). as for you lot, you did extremely well but i get a sense that the play offs were more of an aspiration than an expectation. no fear, next year watford will be up there :laugh: and you lot should be too

this will be my last appearance on here for a while (obviously) so good luck for next season.

p.s how was this for a match report-thing (classifying was never my strong point)

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Obviously a quality piece of writing, but why no mention of Vicente? It was once again blatantly obvious that he changed the game almost single-handedly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here