Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex has moved on.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I have no money. My career is in tatters. I am 47. She was far better looking than me. Its far easier for Women. I am in a state. The facts are I am surplus to requirements now. The news today althoug inevitable still is a knife in the heart and so soon. She was on her own for 3 years after her last relationship. What does that say.

For a start you can drop the low opinion you have of yourself. Take some time to enjoy being yourself, easier said I suppose but there really is only one person who can bring anyone of us happiness & that person is yourself. Have you ever wanted to learn something? Tango lessons are great for meeting members of the opposite sex & just getting you out of the house of an evening. That sort of thing no matter how cliched truly works by focusing you on something. When you least expect it someone will come along & put a smile on your face but it's you that lets them put it there by being open to new experiences & allowing the sun to shine once again. If you really care for her you'll wish her happiness & by doing so will allow yourself to experience some of the same.
There are plenty of dating/relationship websites but I would be more inclined to seek out an activity based solution to meeting other people & maybe a prospective partner.
You get back what you give out so importantly do not start wallowing in self pity & pick yourself up & remember that life is for living. You'll find happiness if you allow yourself to, so get out there & live a little, money may be tight but use what little you have wisely & take yourself out of the usual mundane day to day routines by broadening your horizons, taking up creative writing classes, pottery, tango dancing, anything just get out there & do it. Get busy living.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have no money. My career is in tatters. I am 47. She was far better looking than me. Its far easier for Women. I am in a state. The facts are I am surplus to requirements now. The news today althoug inevitable still is a knife in the heart and so soon. She was on her own for 3 years after her last relationship. What does that say.

Your career is not in tatters as the financial markets will pick up very quickly.

Gareth, not easy but just move on for once.......

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009

ok then I can see why your so down but just imagine if you were a starving african earning 20p a day or something they would give anything to be in your position. knowing they could eat and drink. bottom line is be grateful for what you got. when my flat burnt down I felt like total shit for six months but things got better. hope things improve for you:thumbsup:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
People are telling you to get to your doctor asap.

They're right, I've been through it and can tell you that you're at the first stage of a possible manic depression here.

You have to keep busy, don't wallow in the booze, and go to the doc first thing Monday.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
I think you need to borrow Frank's marriage broker.

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
I often think that once you hit your 30s there must be loads of women DESPERATE to have kids/husbands etc. I'm banking on finding someone a bit above my level at that kind of age in ten years or so and then emotionally blackmailing them into staying with me for ages. Maybe you could do the same?

what? have you and michel split up?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The older you get, the more you have to fight them off. Honest.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for the advice. I am out of here for a while.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
People are telling you to get to your doctor asap.

They're right, I've been through it and can tell you that you're at the first stage of a possible manic depression here.

You have to keep busy, don't wallow in the booze, and go to the doc first thing Monday.

Sound advice. In the last couple of months I've been on the rocks myself and if it wasn't for a visit to my GP I'm pretty certain I'd still be there. You might not see much point to life now but things will get better and your GP can give you something that will help to get you back on track.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It is quite simple - go and see your GP. Asking for advice from a bunch of numb nuts on a messageboard is asking for trouble and the negative feedback you get from some people will not help. You may need counselling, prozac or just someone to listen (in real life) but your GP is the best place to start.
This is good advice. Take it. Monday morning. It is what doctors/counsellors are for.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I can't be arsed with that. The facts are single women will not go for my profile.

Then LIE US, LIE like never before, then when you have arranged to meet them, a quick PM to Danny Seagull, and Rohypnol will make it a night to remember.

NEVER give up though, and don't be down on yourself, women are attracted to confident (not arrogant) men, think of the positives you have achieved. The work you have put in on REMF is an incredible achievement, so there is no reason why you cannot achieve on a personal level with a ladeee too.

Good luck, and keep the faith :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here