Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evolution and Big Bang are lies from Hell

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
For what it's worth, I don't believe in God.

However, I admire people with Faith and I'd defend anyone's right to their Faith. I think Faith has an active role to play in making sure we do see a miracle here on earth today, namely that we all get on and support one another.

I actively dislike organised religion. That to my mind is a bit of theatre designed to fool the masses. Always causes problems and pits man against man because its wedded to dogma.

Someone else explored this theme far better than I have expressed on another thread. Can't remember who it was, but they put it very very well.

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
And why do people back up their arguments with famous people's quotes?

Those famous people are humans like you, they could be talking rubbish! (Some of them do!)`

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
For what it's worth, I don't believe in God.

However, I admire people with Faith and I'd defend anyone's right to their Faith. I think Faith has an active role to play in making sure we do see a miracle here on earth today, namely that we all get on and support one another.

I actively dislike organised religion. That to my mind is a bit of theatre designed to fool the masses. Always causes problems and pits man against man because its wedded to dogma.

Someone else explored this theme far better than I have expressed on another thread. Can't remember who it was, but they put it very very well.

I don't believe in bananas, even though bananas are real, I don't believe they exist, maybe it's because I'm mad? I'm not sure.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't believe in bananas, even though bananas are real, I don't believe they exist, maybe it's because I'm mad? I'm not sure.

I support your right not to believe in bananas. You may be mad, but I believe you're a good person with good fruit values and that's what counts for me.

Mind that skin by the way.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
To be honest, when it comes to religion and "is there a God" debates, as a Christian I am a bit of a wind up when atheists are arguing that God is a load of "mythical bullshit." The atheists among my friends are ALWAYS the ones who start a debate with me about Christianity, most of those atheists, if not all have had pretty crap childhoods and only think God doesn't exist because of "how much crap they've been through." One lad lost his dad very young and has had a pretty bad life, and always says something to me in R.E about how stupid the idea of God is.

I have been going to church for 2 years, and in that time, I have gradually got the idea in my head that there is a God.

LIFE. Life is a miracle, WHY does life exist? Why SHOULD life exist. Evolution says we started from flipping fish, I think that's about as deluded as the idea there there's a "God."

You atheists are just against goodness, and can't see that you're living in something special, that you HAVE a life. Stop taking a miracle for granted by saying we came from fish.

Also, WHERE did the big bang come from? I would like to know, cos' if you're saying that from NOTHING. Yes NOTHING. (And by nothing I mean that nothing at all existed) The suddenly a BANG appeared:eek::eek: . That sounds like a kids book. "And suddenly there was a bang." Bull crap imo.

:smile:
I take it you've looked into all the theoretical physics involved,and refuted it then? :facepalm:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
To be honest, when it comes to religion and "is there a God" debates, as a Christian I am a bit of a wind up when atheists are arguing that God is a load of "mythical bullshit." The atheists among my friends are ALWAYS the ones who start a debate with me about Christianity, most of those atheists, if not all have had pretty crap childhoods and only think God doesn't exist because of "how much crap they've been through." One lad lost his dad very young and has had a pretty bad life, and always says something to me in R.E about how stupid the idea of God is.

I have been going to church for 2 years, and in that time, I have gradually got the idea in my head that there is a God.

LIFE. Life is a miracle, WHY does life exist? Why SHOULD life exist. Evolution says we started from flipping fish, I think that's about as deluded as the idea there there's a "God."

You atheists are just against goodness, and can't see that you're living in something special, that you HAVE a life. Stop taking a miracle for granted by saying we came from fish.

Also, WHERE did the big bang come from? I would like to know, cos' if you're saying that from NOTHING. Yes NOTHING. (And by nothing I mean that nothing at all existed) The suddenly a BANG appeared:eek::eek: . That sounds like a kids book. "And suddenly there was a bang." Bull crap imo.

(In his five hundredth year Noah had three sons, Shem, Ham and Japheth). if you printed the fiction that is the bible for kids today a 5 year old would not believe it

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

How to state your own ignorance in 5 easy paragraphs. Well done!

Watch by Lawrence Krauss, AAI 2009 - YouTube

Try to understand - I struggled and I have a degree in applied physics but give it a go - and then admit the entire argument about the big bang is the classic argument from ignorance.

It also knocks into touch the idiotic argument that creatards like to trot out about the second law of thermodynamics while you are at it. The video is a beautiful refutation of EVERY argument the creatards spout about why there needs to be a creator. There does not, every current experiment in quantum physics shows their falsehoods for what they are.

Edit to add, I'm not trying to be arsey here when I say try to understand. I genunely struggled with some of the concepts he presents and I do have a degree in applied physics. It is fairly shrap stuff (a year or two old I think) stuff about physics and cosmology.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Watch by Lawrence Krauss, AAI 2009 - YouTube

Try to understand - I struggled and I have a degree in applied physics but give it a go - and then admit the entire argument about the big bang is the classic argument from ignorance.

It also knocks into touch the idiotic argument that creatards like to trot out about the second law of thermodynamics while you are at it. The video is a beautiful refutation of EVERY argument the creatards spout about why there needs to be a creator. There does not, every current experiment in quantum physics shows their falsehoods for what they are.

Edit to add, I'm not trying to be arsey here when I say try to understand. I genunely struggled with some of the concepts he presents and I do have a degree in applied physics. It is fairly shrap stuff (a year or two old I think) stuff about physics and cosmology.

That was very interesting. The beauty of science is not what we know, it's what we don't know. A really engaging talk.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Sorry, but where did Tribe B come from? I missed this in the thread. Were they created by God 2?

Does Prof Lennox have any insights into this or how many Gods there were?

It's quite simple. If Adam and Eve are representations of Man and Woman then there's thousands of other people alive and in different parts of the planet at the time.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Stewart, this one's addressed at you. Speaking as an extremely happy individual, who had a fortunate, loving upbringing from two parents who are still together, who has (I believe) a strong and functional moral code, a long-term girlfriend on whom I've never cheated and a very, very strong belief in the innate goodness of people, this atheist thinks you're talking utter bollocks.

Against goodness? Where the f*** did that come from? I'm a member of the British Humanist Association. Look up humanism if you're not familiar with it. Against goodness it most certainly is not, it merely seeks to promote goodness, promote society without theology, so I'd thank you not to tell me that I'm against 'goodness', however you may define that particular abstraction. Nobody ever killed in the name of atheism. Nobody ever started a war in the name of atheism. For money, for oil, for political dogma, whatever the f***, yeah, but not for the belief itself, unlike some religious fundamentalists. Yet we're 'against goodness'? f***, man, seriously.

And we don't know for certain where the big bang came from, or even for certain if that's what happened. That's the beauty of rationalist science - revelling in the unknown and seeking to fill those gaps. Better that than the blind certainty of creationist faith and the desperate search for a reason why life should exist, when there need be no such thing to revel in that life and try to do a bit of good while you're at it. I can see all too well that I'm living in something special, I don't need to share your faith to recognise that, and my knowledge that this is it, that there is no eternal punishment or reward for the way I live it, makes me appreciate it all the more, not less, thanks very much.

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
Stewart, this one's addressed at you. Speaking as an extremely happy individual, who had a fortunate, loving upbringing from two parents who are still together, who has (I believe) a strong and functional moral code, a long-term girlfriend on whom I've never cheated and a very, very strong belief in the innate goodness of people, this atheist thinks you're talking utter bollocks.

Against goodness? Where the f*** did that come from? I'm a member of the British Humanist Association. Look up humanism if you're not familiar with it. Against goodness it most certainly is not, it merely seeks to promote goodness, promote society without theology, so I'd thank you not to tell me that I'm against 'goodness', however you may define that particular abstraction. Nobody ever killed in the name of atheism. Nobody ever started a war in the name of atheism. For money, for oil, for political dogma, whatever the f***, yeah, but not for the belief itself, unlike some religious fundamentalists. Yet we're 'against goodness'? f***, man, seriously.

And we don't know for certain where the big bang came from, or even for certain if that's what happened. That's the beauty of rationalist science - revelling in the unknown and seeking to fill those gaps. Better that than the blind certainty of creationist faith and the desperate search for a reason why life should exist, when there need be no such thing to revel in that life and try to do a bit of good while you're at it. I can see all too well that I'm living in something special, I don't need to share your faith to recognise that, and my knowledge that this is it, that there is no eternal punishment or reward for the way I live it, makes me appreciate it all the more, not less, thanks very much.

I said WHY should life exist? It shouldn't exist, it should never have existed, but it does.

You are living in the darkness, you should step into the light.:angel:

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
And why do people say:

I don't believe in God

Shouldn't you say I don't believe in a God?

That's like saying I don't believe in TV.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

crikey! are you a fully paid up member of the Tea Party as well

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And why do people say:

I don't believe in God

Shouldn't you say I don't believe in a God?

That's like saying I don't believe in TV.

yes you make so much sense my balls just turned blue.

the correct phrase is i dont believe in any of the 1000`s of Gods on offer

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

*Sigh* Oh Stewart you're exactly the sort of person I was talking about.

And I'll ask you the same question as I asked the other fundie (who has disappeared now): Ok the Big Bang is rubbish as it came from nothing - so where did the materials come from that your God used to build the universe? (I'm assuming you accept there IS a universe)

"There's none so blind as those who will not see"

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

I really hope that this is a fishing trip

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here