Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evolution and Big Bang are lies from Hell

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Adam and eve had sons Cain and able.....where did they get their wives from?

I think this question can be pondered over if you move away from the literal explanation of Adam and Eve being individuals to Adam being a representative of all men, and Eve the representation of all women.

Adam and Eve could have been from tribe A. The wives could have come from a tribe B.

Oct 25, 2003
Adam and eve had sons Cain and able.....where did they get their wives from?

according to the story they had more than 2 children

"Genesis four tells of the birth of Cain and Abel, Adam and Eve's first children, while Genesis 5 gives Adam's genealogy past that. Adam and Eve are listed as having three children, Cain, Abel and Seth, then "other sons and daughters" "

but obviously there was some sexy incest going on...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
according to the story they had more than 2 children

"Genesis four tells of the birth of Cain and Abel, Adam and Eve's first children, while Genesis 5 gives Adam's genealogy past that. Adam and Eve are listed as having three children, Cain, Abel and Seth, then "other sons and daughters" "

but obviously there was some sexy incest going on...

Not only that first lot of incest, but approx. 4000 years ago, there was a flood and Noah and his family had to kick start off the human race again. Makes you wonder how we have a gene pool at all, although on saying that, in the years following the great flood you can experience what life was like where family members propagated the human race by visiting the Isle of Wight.

Oct 25, 2003
Not only that first lot of incest, but approx. 4000 years ago, there was a flood and Noah and his family had to kick start off the human race again. Makes you wonder how we have a gene pool at all, although on saying that, in the years following the great flood you can experience what life was like where family members propagated the human race by visiting the Isle of Wight.

and perhaps the noah family were getting it on with some of the animals....evidence of which can be witnessed in croydon...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

That made me laugh :-D

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Us decent, honest, thoughtful, questioning, inclusive, and non-judgemental Christians should stick together!!!

(or at least i try to be all of those things.)
Actually these days I refer to myself as an 'Anglican' rather than a 'Christian'. The word now has so many negative connotations, at best people assume that you believe all the bollocks in the old testament, and at worst they think you're a raving right wing nutter - who not only believes all the bollocks in the old testament but wants to put it into practice. Thank you America! I don't know how it came to this, back in the 1970s we all knew the O.T. was preposterous and you could count the raving fundamentalist loonies on the fingers of one hand, now they're absolutely everywhere.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know what you've been taking, evolution is indeed a theory...

Evolution is Not Just a Theory: home
In everyday use, theory means a guess or a hunch, something that maybe needs proof. In science, a theory is not a guess, not a hunch. It's a well-substantiated, well-supported, well-documented explanation for our observations. It ties together all the facts about something, providing an explanation that fits all the observations and can be used to make predictions. In science, theory is the ultimate goal, the explanation. It's as close to proven as anything in science can be.​

For more myths about evolution:
Top 10 Myths About Evolution with Downloadable PDF | Atheism Resource

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
ah but you cant prove a theory to be true. You can only prove it to be false.

dont get me wrong.. I believe evolution to be true... just being devils advocate :)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think this question can be pondered over if you move away from the literal explanation of Adam and Eve being individuals to Adam being a representative of all men, and Eve the representation of all women.

Adam and Eve could have been from tribe A. The wives could have come from a tribe B.

Sorry, but where did Tribe B come from? I missed this in the thread. Were they created by God 2?

Does Prof Lennox have any insights into this or how many Gods there were?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin

"Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our insctinctual desires." - Sigmund Freud

"If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward then we are a sorry lot indeed." - Albert Einstein

"It is very difficult to reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into." - Rich Rodriguez

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." - Nietzsche

"You gotta have Faith" George Michael

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Actually these days I refer to myself as an 'Anglican' rather than a 'Christian'. The word now has so many negative connotations, at best people assume that you believe all the bollocks in the old testament, and at worst they think you're a raving right wing nutter - who not only believes all the bollocks in the old testament but wants to put it into practice. Thank you America! I don't know how it came to this, back in the 1970s we all knew the O.T. was preposterous and you could count the raving fundamentalist loonies on the fingers of one hand, now they're absolutely everywhere.

You're absolutely right. I would normally describe myself as a Methodist. It always makes me cringe when I hear people saying things on the radio or television in a religious context and they start a sentence with "As a Christian..... ", which to me always says they want to distance themselves or make themselves superior to the rest of Society.

One of the finest experiences I have had in (comparatively) recent times was meeting in 1997 in London the Right Revd David Sheppard, then Bishop of Liverpool and obviously former Sussex and England cricketing hero. he was going round introducing himself to everyone who was still there after a conference had finished.... as if anybody needed telling who he was. Such a genuine, unassuming, caring and compassionate man I don't think I have ever met before or since - and allegedly was turned down by the conservative government under Margaret Thatcher as Archbishop of Canterbury because he was too political.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin

"Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our insctinctual desires." - Sigmund Freud

"If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward then we are a sorry lot indeed." - Albert Einstein

"It is very difficult to reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into." - Rich Rodriguez

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." - Nietzsche

I think I could probably write a 3,000 word essay discussing any of those quotations. It is far too easy to accept such sayings unquestioningly and pass them on as accepted wisdom.
The first one might be true for some, but not for the majority
The second, i would agree with the concept that it falls in with our instinctual desires, but disagree with the illusion, but obviously plenty of others on here would regard it as illusion.
The third I agree with, but note that the sentence begins with "IF".
The fourth I agree with, and it applies to all sides of this argument.
The fifth is absolute rubbish. It might be true for some, but for many it is a spur to find the truth, the truth about evolution, the truth about justice issues, the truth about poverty, the truth about third world debt, the truth about business ethics and banking.... need I go on. And I would have expected much better than such a sweeping generalisation from Nietzsche.

And I am not going to write thos essays - i haven't got time.

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
To be honest, when it comes to religion and "is there a God" debates, as a Christian I am a bit of a wind up when atheists are arguing that God is a load of "mythical bullshit." The atheists among my friends are ALWAYS the ones who start a debate with me about Christianity, most of those atheists, if not all have had pretty crap childhoods and only think God doesn't exist because of "how much crap they've been through." One lad lost his dad very young and has had a pretty bad life, and always says something to me in R.E about how stupid the idea of God is.

I have been going to church for 2 years, and in that time, I have gradually got the idea in my head that there is a God.

LIFE. Life is a miracle, WHY does life exist? Why SHOULD life exist. Evolution says we started from flipping fish, I think that's about as deluded as the idea there there's a "God."

You atheists are just against goodness, and can't see that you're living in something special, that you HAVE a life. Stop taking a miracle for granted by saying we came from fish.

Also, WHERE did the big bang come from? I would like to know, cos' if you're saying that from NOTHING. Yes NOTHING. (And by nothing I mean that nothing at all existed) The suddenly a BANG appeared:eek::eek: . That sounds like a kids book. "And suddenly there was a bang." Bull crap imo.

:smile:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think I could probably write a 3,000 word essay discussing any of those quotations. It is far too easy to accept such sayings unquestioningly and pass them on as accepted wisdom.
The first one might be true for some, but not for the majority
The second, i would agree with the concept that it falls in with our instinctual desires, but disagree with the illusion, but obviously plenty of others on here would regard it as illusion.
The third I agree with, but note that the sentence begins with "IF".
The fourth I agree with, and it applies to all sides of this argument.
The fifth is absolute rubbish. It might be true for some, but for many it is a spur to find the truth, the truth about evolution, the truth about justice issues, the truth about poverty, the truth about third world debt, the truth about business ethics and banking.... need I go on. And I would have expected much better than such a sweeping generalisation from Nietzsche.

And I am not going to write thos essays - i haven't got time.

Yeah, but what about George Michael?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here