Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evolution and Big Bang are lies from Hell

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hey, now - hang on a minute.

I don't think I am trying to foist my views upon others. For the most part I have only been answering questions. But mainly, about the somg My Way, the miserable curmudgeonly old git bit would be the interpretation of clergy who would not allow it to be used. I can understand how they came to that conclusion, but i was not condoning what they would do - in fact, quite the opposite.

And just because someone writes or sings a song doesn't mean they "are" that song. Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein. Bram Stoker wrote Dracula. neither of them were a man-made monster or a vampire. I had every respect for Frank Sinatra, have every respect for frank sinatra and do not follow your logic about my ideals falling flat at the first fence.
This is the most I've ever commented on a religious thread on here in YEARS, but I just wanted to say your views are extremely similar to mine - and I'm a smells 'n' bells high church Anglican!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Evolution is just a theory to be fair, and so is creationism.

Who is anyone to say either theory is true? Like you know! Don't care what your points are to back it up, you can't be sure.

Give over! Creationism isn't even a hypothesis.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Until recently it was very wise to conceal ones atheist beliefs.

thats a handy interpretation for you isnt it. and you are ignoring his direct quote about believing in 'Spinoza's God'.. this is the kind of behaviour that I see those who believe in 'science' use against 'religious' people all the time.. Selective.. only seeing what 'they' want to see.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Some people don't understand what the word 'theory' means. I think it was Asimov that said "Creationists think a theory is something you dreamt up drunk in the pub one night."

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
thats a handy interpretation for you isnt it. and you are ignoring his direct quote about believing in 'Spinoza's God'.. this is the kind of behaviour that I see those who believe in 'science' use against 'religious' people all the time.. Selective.. only seeing what 'they' want to see.

I think you've completely misinterpreted the posts there. Spinoza was considered an atheist through his work. His 'God' was not a monotheist entity that could be worshipped, his was a philosophical concept. Einstein's belief in 'Spinoza's God' is in effect to reveal that he has no belief in God as a creator or in any religious sense.

Can anyone work out what the birth-rate would have to be for the human population to increase from just Adam and Eve to 7 billion in 9000 years?

Quick, back-of-an-envelope type calculation suggests that you'd need population growth of c3.85% per generation; birth rate is more complicated but if you roughly assume that 25% of all births make it to reproduction (optimistic, particularly for the earlier years) then you'd be looking at 1.15 births per adult, or 2.30 per couple. If you assume 10% instead then it's 2.77 per couple.

I think.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Quick, back-of-an-envelope type calculation suggests that you'd need population growth of c3.85% per generation; birth rate is more complicated but if you roughly assume that 25% of all births make it to reproduction (optimistic, particularly for the earlier years) then you'd be looking at 1.15 births per adult, or 2.30 per couple. If you assume 10% instead then it's 2.77 per couple.

I think.

Can we see your working please :D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I love the story of the Minotaur on Crete.

Basically Zeus fancies the local queen but she is married to the king...so instead of smitinghim as you do, he appears to the queen incarnated as a f*** off big bull....the queen takes one look and falls madly in love with the bull, as women do seemly.....anyway how to have it off with the bill withough looking all pervy? She approaches icarus's father Daedalus and says, " can you make me a cow costume so no one will know I am shagging a bull". Ok he says and makes this....she jumps in, poodles off to find sues and is shagged silly, being impregnated with his sticky stuff. Anyway, she carried the child/ calf and gives birth to a half man half bull beast.....the king goes mad and banishes the Minotaur to a labyrinth under the palace and as punishment for this deed, every year 5 young females and 5 young boys are sent from Athens to be be eaten by this bull.....Theseus kills it eventually thank goodness.

That is the sort of god type stories are more believable that some bloke living in a whale..

Last edited:

Can we see your working please :D

I know you are being sarcastic, but yes!

Assume having babies at 15 years of age, in 9000 years there are 600 generations (9000/15). Trial and error told me that 1.0385^600 comes out near as dammit to 7 billion, meaning that the average population growth required was 3.85%. 25% assumption means multiply this by four to get 1.15 then by two (for both adults) to 2.30. 10% assumption means multiply by 10 to get 1.385, multiplied by two to get 2.77.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I love the story of the Minotaur on Crete.

Basically Zeus fancies the local queen but she is married to the king...so instead of smitinghim as you do, he appears to the queen incarnated as a f*** off big bull....the queen takes one look and falls madly in love with the bull, as women do seemly.....anyway how to have it off with the bill withough looking all pervy? She approaches icarus's father Daedalus and says, " can you make me a cow costume so no one will know I am shagging a bull". Ok he says and makes this....she jumps in, poodles off to find sues and is shagged silly, being impregnated with his sticky stuff. Anyway, she carried the child/ calf and gives birth to a half man half bull beast.....the king goes mad and banishes the Minotaur to a labyrinth under the palace and as punishment for this deed, every year 5 young females and 5 young boys are sent from Athens to be be eaten by this bull.....Theseus kills it eventually thank goodness.

That is the sort of god type stories are more believable that some bloke living in a whale..

Geppetto didn't really live in a whale?!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I know you are being sarcastic, but yes!

Assume having babies at 15 years of age, in 9000 years there are 600 generations (9000/15). Trial and error told me that 1.0385^600 comes out near as dammit to 7 billion, meaning that the average population growth required was 3.85%. 25% assumption means multiply this by four to get 1.15 then by two (for both adults) to 2.30. 10% assumption means multiply by 10 to get 1.385, multiplied by two to get 2.77.

Would events such as the black death which wiped out close to 25% of the worlds population have an effect on those figures

Oct 25, 2003
i've very recently "discovered god", after something fairly supernatural (only way I can describe it) happened to me

do I believe every word in the bible? don't think so
do I use the teachings of big JC to help lead what I consider to be a 'good life'? yes
do I judge others who don't have my beliefs? not at all....most of my friends don't share my beliefs and I don't consider myself better in any way
have I made a load of really good friends that I can trust and talk about anything with? definitely
has it changed my life for the better? 100% yes

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Can anyone work out what the birth-rate would have to be for the human population to increase from just Adam and Eve to 7 billion in 9000 years?

And we thought Croydon's gene pool was limited. There's an awful lot of incest in that Adam and Eve story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here