Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Need a big win today. Feels like too long without one in the PL. Plus we owe these buggers

The 'edit post' function seems to have been removed. No more team sheet on the first page.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Classic!

Roberto De Zerbi has made four changes to the team that drew 1-1 with Fulham last weekend.

Bart Verbruggen, Jan Paul van Hecke, Joel Veltman and Billy Gilmour come into the XI in place of Jason Steele, Igor Julio, Carlos Baleba, Adam Webster and Mo Dahoud.

4 in, 5 out, playing with 10?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bart
Veltman Dunk JPvH Milner
Gross Gilmour
Lallana
Adingra Ferguson Mitoma

Surely.
3-4-2-1 is how the BBC are showing it - but I can't see that in a million years, not with players in the positions they are putting them anyway.
4-4-1-1 for me, or 4-2-3-1 if you prefer, similar to the above but with Adingra and Mitoma wide midfield rather than up front with the striker - and of course there is no chance that JPvH will play as the left side CB. Dunk will do that with JPvH on his right.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bart
Veltman Dunk JPvH Milner
Gross Gilmour
Lallana
Adingra Ferguson Mitoma

Surely.
Maybe more like this:

——————-Vebruggen——————-
Veltman——JPvH——Dunk——-Milner
———Groß——————Gilmour———
Adringra———Lallana————Mitoma
——————-Ferguson———————

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Ashley Young starts for them. He's a year and a half older than our own 37 year old veteran James MIlner 🤯

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Maybe more like this:

——————-Vebruggen——————-
Veltman——JPvH——Dunk——-Milner
———Groß——————Gilmour———
Adringra———Lallana————Mitoma
——————-Ferguson———————
It’ll be this

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
4231 i would have thought.
Bart
Veltman Dunk JPvH Milner
Gross Gilmour
Lallana
Adingra Ferguson Mitoma

Surely.

Surely our "normal" 4-2-3-1 ?
Usually I'd agree but we played with wing backs last week and the club site has us as 3-4-3 with the front three being gross, ferguson and Lallana.

I can't see either Lalllana or Gross playing as wingers with Mitoma and Adingra on the pitch so I'm guessing they'll both play as 10's. Having those two, Milner and Gilmour in the middle would hopefully go some way to negating the midfield power of Doucore, Gueye and Onana.

If that's the formation we're going with.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Milner at left back?

I’m pleased with this.

He’ll be solid and professional and won’t bomb forward like Estupinan. I doubt Dyche will want their wingers to take him on as he’ll be playing the low block. All set-up for Lamptey to come on and change the game when we need a boost on the left with 20mins to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here