Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton v Leicester OFF

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tuesday night's PL fixture has been postponed, again, due to Covid, injuries and international absences in the Leicster squad.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Tuesday night's PL fixture has been postponed, again, due to Covid, injuries and international absences in the Leicster squad.

I still don’t understand how injuries and international call-ups are factors, when it comes to postponing matches.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Convenient again :rolleyes:

Get the AFCON out of the way eh. And a chance to patch the squad up with some January signings.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
As others have said ridiculous, they played yesterday with a strong team. Hopefully it bites them on the backside and the have major injuries when the have to fulfil their fixtures. Another case of big team bias.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wouldn’t class either of those clubs as particularly big, just using the system to their advantage. Unfairly….

Indeed. Doesnt strike me as a "the entire population of China wants to watch the Leicester superstars so we're postponing this" type of thing really..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Big team bias :lolol: :lolol:

Shirley that's it.
We must now draw a line under this season's proliferation of 'woe is poor lickle Brighton' bollox.

Everton v Leicester - I have no idea which is the team who's being favoured by this "big team.bias".

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
To be fair, Leicester only had 7 on the bench yesterday, which included 2 keepers.

It doesn’t mean I agree with another postponement.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Surely if you have 11 players available you can fulfil a fixture?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not much sympathy for Leicester if they have a covid outbreak a week after a group of their first team were larging it at the Ally Pally :rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As Covid variants (hopefully) diminish further still in terms of the severity of illness, I hope soon that we see the end of this being a factor in squad availability. And the milking of the situation by clubs.

Is Omicron a threat to the life of a 25 year old athlete? We’ve already come along way, in April 2020 Troy Deeney was on a ventilator.

All players and staff getting vaccinated would be helpful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here