Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton Fan Banned For 'Racism'

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Agreed, although it was unnecessary, it's obvious he wasn't being racist. Very harsh considering he has given them 30 years of loyal support as well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It could (his language) have been a lot worse- but was this just a one off or was he a regular annoyance that those around him couldn't wait for the opportunity to get rid of?

It says more than one supporter complained about him, which does kind of make you wonder if there isn't more to it.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
What he said was not racist. The French are not a race. It is mildly xenophobic at worst.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed, although it was unnecessary, it's obvious he wasn't being racist. Very harsh considering he has given them 30 years of loyal support as well.
Indeed. If that quote is accurate then he hasn't been racist as the French aren't a race.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
It could (his language) have been a lot worse- but was this just a one off or was he a regular annoyance that those around him couldn't wait for the opportunity to get rid of?

It says more than one supporter complained about him, which does kind of make you wonder if there isn't more to it.

I agree edna, I think there's more to it than just that quote. If not, very harsh after 30 years.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Calling him a fr*g w*g would be racist , what about us when we called MM a jocko clown ?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
What he said was not racist. The French are not a race. It is mildly xenophobic at worst.

This. It's really not that bad. No worse than calling Peter Crouch a useless lanky ****, or Paul Scholes an ugly ginger midget.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
He would've got away with it if he hadn't called him French.
Heard a lot worse being spouted by idiots over the years.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004

I find it bizarre that, of all the words he used, 'French' is the only one that WASN'T offensive (at least, not to a Frenchman!), yet that is the one that he has been banned for. This country.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
How long before hoards of the Brighton faithfull are kicked out and banned for chanting "Your Welsh and you know you are" or "You dirty northern b*stards".
Thats ridiculous, 3 years for that!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont believe even have half the story there, if they handed out bans for that the stadiums would be empty.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Heard a lot worse being spouted by idiots over the years.

Heard a lot worse (yet acceptable in football culture) from non idiots too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here