Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever bought tickets for a gig and NOT GONE?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I've bought tickets for gigs on a whim and not even gone :facepalm:

Springsteen at The Meadowlands :wozza: (was VERY drunk tbf), Motorhead, Iron Maiden, The Brian Jonestown Massacre (saw a very cute young lady wearing a BJM hoodie the other day :love:)

Tend not to look at ticket agency websites when I'm three sheets to the wind now :nono:

Any similar 'mares out there?

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Mott the Hoople supported by Queen, Jan 74 but this was because the concert was cancelled at the last moment. Quite a number of gigs at the ULU in the early 80's, never made it out of the bar..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Russ had 3 tickets to see Scouting For Girls in Sheffield but his car broke down and his 2 mates decided not to go meaning £75 down the swanney.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Got tickets to see The Subways with my ex & burned them rather than let her get her grubby mitts on them

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Wasnt a birthday present or anything. Or the simple fact I have been waiting for a year or so for him to come back down to Brighton :down:

Its alright, you will pay :thumbsup:

If your interested, theres a relitvily cheap festival in Kent, Lounge on the Farm.

Example are headlining. I think under 18 tickets (blag it!) are like 80 or 60 quid or somthing. Lots of little unknown bands, with GREAT food. and you're beloved Example are playing.

Give it a look. its in July though so you'll need to stump up the cash soonish

Lounge on the Farm 2010 - Latest News

I was gonna go but i'm going to Edinburgh instead.

EDIT: Lounge on the Farm 2010 - Example

30 quid for a day ticket, plus train fair which is another 20 or 30, thats 60 quid for a day ticket, to an awesome festival to see example, have good food and see some other acts.

Last edited:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Oh.

I nearly didn't see Ida Maria. For some reason the watching the CAD/CAM going triggered an epic headache/migrane, i was throwing up about 20 minutes before we had to leave.

My mum said i can still go and gave me the day off too! Funnily enough, I felt fine during the gig... i couldn't feel the headache!

The Midnight Beast performed as part of the Great Escape on the beach, we were going to go but none of us were really enthusiastic and one of our friends was late anyway, so we got down after they had finished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here