Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever been stabbed in the back at work?

nutter4149

Jan 14, 2005
got stitched up in the last pub i ran by my assitant manager & my area manager. ended up losing my job my house and about £6000 in unpaid wages

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
[yt]yzjziKqVp6k[/yt]

apart from the dodgy out of sync dancing and the blatant miming, that is EXCELLENT, quality song accompanied with IMMENSE Afros everywhere...quality!

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Indeed they do. A few years back working at Amex, I submitted a comprehensive document on the project I was working on to the project manager, who then slightly edited it and saved it and submitted it to the project sponsor as her own work.

Unfortunately for her, she hadn't noticed my habit of placing my name and date in the footer. The project sponsor did.

Excellent, good work!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As much as I want revenge, people like that get their own in due course...

sadly, for every one like pasty's example, they'll be another who does get away with it. they often move up and hopefully move on so its not your problem any more.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Indeed they do. A few years back working at Amex, I submitted a comprehensive document on the project I was working on to the project manager, who then slightly edited it and saved it and submitted it to the project sponsor as her own work.

Unfortunately for her, she hadn't noticed my habit of placing my name and date in the footer. The project sponsor did.

And another much more hidden way to protect your work is as follows :

> Save the file - Word doc etc
> Right click the file and select properties
> Click the custom tab
> Select "Owner" from the drop down list in "Name"
> Put your name in the text field and click OK

From now on you can prove the work was yours even if someone edits the document body ( or footers and headers ) ! :thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The lower down the ladder you are the more you should expect it as a matter of course.

I have to say it appears to be overwhelmingly women and if theres a man involved theres usually a woman in the background manipulating him. Although the targets are usually other women.

Would you agree?

The lower down the ladder you are the more you should expect it as a matter of course.

I have to say it appears to be overwhelmingly women and if theres a man involved theres usually a woman in the background manipulating him. Although the targets are usually other women.

Would you agree?

I'm afraid that the average British male now has the mind of a female, and wind-up bitchyness is rife all over this shit-house country. Bosses are often know-it-alls who actually no bugger-all except how to say "right, I will fire that person" to detract from anyone noticing that they know jack shit, and for many the only job satisfaction they get is being bitchy or trying to take the piss in front of others - or get someone else into trouble.

Many blokes cannot take responsibility over their own actions, or face the concept that they might actually be wrong and take prompt actions to correct the consequences. Many are just too plain thick.

f***ing wankers all over the place.

Last edited:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I was stabbed in the back - at school - by a girl - with a penknife !! :ohmy:
Longhill circa 1975 - and I fancied her like mad. :love:
She stabbed 2 other lads whilst being disarmed .... :facepalm:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yeah, I was done quite badly a few years back. In short, by boss f***ed up, I tried to help her cover up the problem, on the basis of being loyal. However, it got uncovered, and whereas I thought she would be carrying the can, instead we were BOTH asked to resign. I would go immediately and she would work out a 3 month notice period as a hand-over to someone who was being dropped in from Head Office.

6 months later, she was still working there, so presumably she'd managed to lay all the blame at my door and managed to stay on. Nice!

You live and learn, and I look out for no-one but myself first these days. It's the only way, it's not personal it's business.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes, a head of desk tried to claim credit for profits myself and one other had generated, we reluctantly agreed to split the bonus 3 ways and then inadvertantly found out he had taken considerably more of the bonus pool than us, by lying to new york , even though he had a negligible part in generating it, we complained to management and it turned out to be the straw that broke the camel's back and he was sacked, no sympathy at all to the thieving bastard.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
The only answer to this is to go and work for yourself. Its hard especially at the moment but the lack of money does'nt bother me as long as I don't have to put up with the complete tossers I used to work with in the media industry.

I saw people ending up on the verge of nervous breakdowns because of the selfish and greedy culture we have now in the workplace.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Occupational hazard at work these days I am afraid just remember what Don Corleone said in the Godfather "keep your friends close, keep your enemies even closer".

This happens a fair bit. As a reluctant contractor I find from time to time that permanent staff resent us as they think we're making a lot of money, most contractors aren't nowadays anyway especially given that we have no employment continuity. You just have to watch your step carefully and make sure you have as much as possible in writing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yup. I found out that one of the directors where I worked was planning to go to a competitor and was persuading clients to jump ship with him.

I went to the MD and told him what I knew, he confronted the other director, who denied it, so I was out of the door and had to take a large pay cut initially in my next job

A few months later the director resigned, went to competitor, along with clients. I was offered an apology of sorts at the old place but they ended up with egg on face.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yup. I found out that one of the directors where I worked was planning to go to a competitor and was persuading clients to jump ship with him.

I went to the MD and told him what I knew, he confronted the other director, who denied it, so I was out of the door and had to take a large pay cut initially in my next job

A few months later the director resigned, went to competitor, along with clients. I was offered an apology of sorts at the old place but they ended up with egg on face.

Wrongful dismissal claim?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here