Ever been BARRED from a pub?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I got barred from the Hungry Years (is it still there?) for sneaking in a bottle of cider. I had a stand up row with the the owner, a Hispanic lady, who remembered me when I tried to re-enter about 18 months later, even though I had cut my previously very long hair!

i got banned by her too . i wont say what i called her:laugh:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I once got barred from a pub in Reigate because my friend (on leave from the army) decided to shit in someones pint! I had nothing to do with it at all mind, a little unfair.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Your friend had a SHIT in someone's pint?

Fair play, that is well bad boy

I thought it was f***ing sick and I mean that in the old fashioned sense. I’d never heard of anyone doing it but apparently it’s a squadies party trick they quite often pull off on nights out in Guildford.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
not since I was a teenager trying to use fake ID back in the early 80's - The Smack in Leigh-On-Sea. Got away with it many times but then got busted. Is it being barred though really if you are underage anyway?

Poor you.

The Smack only seems to have customers who are 15 these days.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I thought it was f***ing sick and I mean that in the old fashioned sense. I’d never heard of anyone doing it but apparently it’s a squadies party trick they quite often pull off on nights out in Guildford.

Had a fair few nights in Guildford ruined by squaddies. Not that it takes much to ruin a night in Guildford.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was barred from 'Fuzzy Ducks' in Oxford. I made the grand mistake of making my face known to the arsehole bouncers. It was the big night in Oxford and I was excluded off and on for two years. :tantrum:

All over a sodding beer tap trophy and elbowing a bouncer. :down:

How did you get barred from that place!? When I was a student I got so plastered in there I fell asleep in the toilets and I still got back in no problems the next week. A couple of girls were however barred from there at some point as they were found giving blowjobs to guys on the dancefloor. That place was utter FILTH and had the cheepest dirtiest home brew style vodka going. Quality.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
yes - central london for arguing the toss about drinking up time. 15 years ago.

Still angry.

While I appreciate that staff have to get home, some of the draconian ways the
11.20 cutoff is implemented by staff are a shocker.

Backward laws in my opinion.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Had a fair few nights in Guildford ruined by squaddies. Not that it takes much to ruin a night in Guildford.

Yes it’s a funny place Guildford very nice town by day but of an evening full of c**ts. When I was about 20 some idiot walked past me and decided to bust my nose for no reason what so ever.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
The Green Dragon in Sydney Street (now the office).

Caught smoking a chillum in the beer garden.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The Eagle (my mate leaned over the bar and started pouring himself a pint, I got accused of being an accomplice)
The Pond (called the landlady a cunt)
The Blue Anchor, Portslade (arguing with some of the regulars I think)
The Victoria, Portslade (again, called the landlady a cunt)
The Royal Standard (can't remember why)
The Prince Albert (arguing with the bouncers)

4 of those were both 2 in the same night!

There's probably a few more that I can't remember...

I'm ok in all of them now though.:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well well well, Mr BoF do tell us more.

I'll have to admit you are the LAST person I'd have put down as a pub barree

The Hockey Society hosted a pub crawl. One of our tasks was to 'borrow' a trophy of an alcoholic theme. I unscrewed a Guinness beer tap light and had it stuffed down my trousers. Someone grabbed me round the neck and I gave them a sharp dig in the ribs. Turned out to be a beast of a bouncer, who then proceeded to turf me out.

I went round the next night to apologise and he said he was glad I did as they had forgotten what I looked like and was barred.

The following week, we had a three-legged pub crawl and I had to untie my blonde American girl and let her go in solo. :cry:

It probably saved me a bit of money in the long run and I did end up hosting a Whisky Appreciation Society on Wednesdays when closing time at the pub ensued and most went off to the Zodiac. Plus, I always had to deal with my drunk housemates on their return from Fuzzy's.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Don't know if anyone know The Tanners Arms in Horsham? Back in the late 70's got barred for wearing a coat the same as a guy they'd just barred. When I tried to protest my innocence they changed the reason for barring from the coat to my arguing ... brilliant, t'was only 16 at the time so had a couple of years to smarten up my act!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Only twice, but it was the same pub, and the only two times I ever went in there.

Tch.

littlehamptonbha

Jan 24, 2010
littlehampton
back in the early 90,s a mass brawl ended up wiv the local area starting up "pub watch" which ment we where banned from every pub in the arun area which i think was about 62 pubs at the time,they had a big poster with all are photos on so we could recognised....lucky they managed to put a photo up of me brother instead of me :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports