Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evanilson

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
wow. would absolutely love this. wanted to suggest him on other threads but thought he'd be way out of our reach. if we pull this off it'll be some signing

...having now read that article, he's definitely out of our reach

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sounds very unlikely but sure will be interesting to see if Pablo Ibanez is able to find some good Iberian players.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've just read the same. If true, we've got no chance unless we do sell Trossard and Cucurella and decide to go large on a forward. Not going to happen, is it?

I’d suggest, due to contractual positions, it’d be Maupay and not Trossard being sold.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Or, more likely, we did enquire and then when we were quoted €60-80m, didn't return.

It's a strange one. We were never going to spend 60m+ on a player so for the agent to use us to smoke out other clubs seems ridiculous.

So maybe we did make an inquiry. If we did it suggests we thought the figure would be considerably less which doesn't seem likely, we've generally been good at identifying players in our price range in the last few years.

In that case does it suggest that our valuation of him was significantly higher than our current record outlay and that we're willing to spend big on the right player, just not that high?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No, this isn't Evan Ferguson's nickname.

22-year-old forward, currently at Porto.

https://www.zerozero.pt/news.php?id=370534

Agent says we have made an approach.

If Man U are interessado, they probably can't handle the paperwork and we can step in. Wolves are only in the article because he's Portuguese, so they must be interested. Clearly BS, but fun to be quoted as in the market at that price. Presumably we can afford him as he comes with his own shirt and shorts.

Funny how an article like this sets the old football dream in motion in my head about TB thinking maybe it's worth splashing £50/60m on a forward to make a run for Europe next season. I think it's Covid brain!

Last edited:

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
It's a strange one. We were never going to spend 60m+ on a player so for the agent to use us to smoke out other clubs seems ridiculous.

So maybe we did make an inquiry. If we did it suggests we thought the figure would be considerably less which doesn't seem likely, we've generally been good at identifying players in our price range in the last few years.

In that case does it suggest that our valuation of him was significantly higher than our current record outlay and that we're willing to spend big on the right player, just not that high?

I agree, Sounds like we were prepared to go big (maybe if City splashed out big on Cucurella?), but not that big??!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I like Maupay and don't think he'll go this year. Who would pay us enough to make selling him worthwhile?

Hopefully he extends his contract this summer.

If he does not want to, I’d prefer a fee rather than him leaving on a Bosman next summer.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Maybe it’s a case of Porto seeing how much Nunez went for and reassessing how much their lad is worth.

They’re the same age, both South America who improved massively in their second season in Portugal. Obviously Nunez is the better player currently but Porto won the league so need the cash less. It would make sense then if we were fishing around for someone in the £20-30m range but the Nunez transfer distorted that very specific market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here