Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
obviously it’s great to have a team as talented as they are but i find it’s really f***ing annoying how we cannot enjoy great performances from player x or y without endless speculation or pontification about how they’ll be imminently sold in the next window or about how necessary it is for them to move to a ‘big’ club.

i’m aware it’s the way of the world but i find the way our players cannot play well without being pimped out to the big six clubs by dickhead pundits and plastic fans absolutely nauseating. can’t ever just be “wow, so-and-so was great, wonder what they’ll be able to achieve at brighton?”

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Really looking forward to seeing him appear in Garth Crooks’ team of the week, accompanied by an essay about how great he’ll be once he moves to Man City.

Not Citeh. This is the paragraph Garth has written:

“How could I leave young Evan Ferguson out? Another stunning find by Brighton’s astonishing recruitment system. He has played well enough to get himself a move to Tottenham Hotspurs in the next window. Spurs were more than a match for Burnley but they still lack the cutting edge up front now that Kane has left. Ferguson should push on his career to Spurs supported by world class talent like Son and Madison. Spurs will surely finish above Brighton this season and in an ideal world, they’ll take the cream from Brighton’s crop”

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It never fails to impress me how comfortable he is with all the media stuff.
He isn't just relaxed, he's humble and also has interesting stuff to say. He's a breath of fresh air compared to 95% of footballers on screen (teenagers or not).
SUCH a mature head on those shoulders - he's a credit to himself and his family.
I don't get any vibes that he'll be consumed by the hype or by the circus that surrounds footballers, which bodes well for his development and his longevity with us.
The sky really is the limit for him and he deserves every bit of it.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
We don't need 150m. We do need Evan Ferguson.

Not for sale to any club at any price.
As a supporter that’s true but the time will come unfortunately when he may want to triple his salary at a club that will pay those wages . Hopefully that won’t be for a long time.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
If Salah at 31 is allegedly worth £200m, then what price Evan, full international and premier league star at such a young age?
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

greachain

Mar 19, 2023
How’s about we rob that tune from “Everton, never stop talking” or whatever gibberish it is and sing “Ferguson, never stops scoring. #clap #clap #clap”. Our star striker deserves his own song!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not Citeh. This is the paragraph Garth has written:

“How could I leave young Evan Ferguson out? Another stunning find by Brighton’s astonishing recruitment system. He has played well enough to get himself a move to Tottenham Hotspurs in the next window. Spurs were more than a match for Burnley but they still lack the cutting edge up front now that Kane has left. Ferguson should push on his career to Spurs supported by world class talent like Son and Madison. Spurs will surely finish above Brighton this season and in an ideal world, they’ll take the cream from Brighton’s crop”
But not anywhere ‘until he’s ready’

Jamie Redknapp speaking at the Amex

This is a time to be really smart about his future … right now there’s no where better, he’s working with an unbelievable coach...he is in the right place and there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind he will go on to achieve great things but he can do it here, certainly for the foreseeable future …”

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
But not anywhere ‘until he’s ready’

Jamie Redknapp speaking at the Amex

This is a time to be really smart about his future … right now there’s no where better, he’s working with an unbelievable coach...he is in the right place and there’s no doubt in my mind he will go on to achieve great things but he can do it here, certainly for the foreseeable future …”

WTF was Carney on about in relation to Ferguson taking the same pathway as Bellingham? Jamie R looked utterly confused to 😁

larus

I don’t see him moving after this season. Only going by what I’ve read about him and his family, they seem decent, grounded people.

They will see the progression that Evan is making, they will see the football being played by us, and I feel that will be important factors for him/them in the short-term.

He’s got 15 odd years ahead (assuming no serious injuries of course), so spending 2 years in an environment which is conducive to your development would be prudent. He’s under no pressure due to the big-money tag, and not playing in front of an entitled fan base. He’s already earning very good money - not at the mega-bucks level of course - waiting 2 more years for that isn’t that long.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don’t see him moving after this season. Only going by what I’ve read about him and his family, they seem decent, grounded people.

They will see the progression that Evan is making, they will see the football being played by us, and I feel that will be important factors for him/them in the short-term.

He’s got 15 odd years ahead (assuming no serious injuries of course), so spending 2 years in an environment which is conducive to your development would be prudent. He’s under no pressure due to the big-money tag, and not playing in front of an entitled fan base. He’s already earning very good money - not at the mega-bucks level of course - waiting 2 more years for that isn’t that long.

I know what you mean, but MacAllister was the same - a dad who has been involved in football at all levels, and as a coach, agent etc.

Anyone will be saying ‘it’s a short career, you need to make the most of it’ etc - and while i think we have a while yet - it’s incredibly rare to have a talent of that quality at such a young age.

If Salah goes for £175M I’d be very concerned, likewise Real Madrid might be keen…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We love these Irish Man-Boys.

“He made headlines in the summer of 2019 after making a substitute appearance as a 14-year-old against Chelsea in a pre-season friendly.”

Hopefully he can follow in the footsteps of Mr Connolly.
Love this from page 1 🤣🙌

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here