Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yes, I’d be far happier giving a younger player a chance rather than Big Jurg.

HTML:
Maybe but arguably a striker who we've just signed and has scored goals in the Europa League would have been a better option at present. Of course, we'll never know now, or at least we won't for another season. Madness. Complete and utter madness,

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is wrong and totally unfair. The lad is 16, he is EXCEPTIONAL for his age, but if we continue to miss out on our striker targets he will have a huge weight of expectation on his young shoulders.

He needs at least a season in the development sides, possibly a loan to a lower league side in the South-East so he's not too far from home, and then he might be ready for 1st XI contention.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is wrong and totally unfair. The lad is 16, he is EXCEPTIONAL for his age, but if we continue to miss out on our striker targets he will have a huge weight of expectation on his young shoulders.

He needs at least a season in the development sides, possibly a loan to a lower league side in the South-East so he's not too far from home, and then he might be ready for 1st XI contention.

Yeah but how cool will it be when we booooooooo this one out of the club, as well?

#EvenConnollyWouldHaveScoredThat.

Tremendous.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

We are an injury to Welbeck (more likely than not before Christmas) and one other striker injury or suspension from having little option but to promote him to EPL match day squads. Scary but realistic

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is our chance to run with the old adage “if he’s good enough, he’s old enough”

Think Wayne Rooney

We could of course RUIN him, but have we ever had a manager you’d trust more to make a decision on whether a young player is up to it?

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Owen. Sterling, Rooney, Walcott. All 16/17 when they made their league debuts. He could either be a Gatting or our own “wonderkid”. It has been a somewhat bizarre transfer window in terms of attacking options.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Already older than when Maupay made his debut!

Would be fun to see him get a few PL minutes this year. Not going to compare him Rooney etc., its not fair, but looks like a good talent and if he keeps performing in the U23, my bet is that we'll see him a few minutes in the hectic Christmas schedule.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He'll be 17 in a month and all the signs are pointing towards him being our forth choice striker this season.

No pressure but if he does prove himself at this level at his age, then we've hit the jackpot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Already older than when Maupay made his debut!

Would be fun to see him get a few PL minutes this year. Not going to compare him Rooney etc., its not fair, but looks like a good talent and if he keeps performing in the U23, my bet is that we'll see him a few minutes in the hectic Christmas schedule.

You'll probably see him a lot sooner than that. He came on as sub in the EFL cup game at Cardiff, and Zeqiri who was the starting striker in that game has now gone.

Every chance you'll see him against Swansea in a couple of weeks.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yet we loan out our 20/22 year old forwards as they're not ready.

We've cocked up again in the transfer market. It's shouldn't be left to teenagers to bail us out

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've just watched the highlights of the u23s' 1-1 draw at Liverpool and Ferguson was seriously impressive. Not just for a very well-taken goal but also some clever passing.

Now, that was just PL2 football, and like most on here, I think it would be a sign of desperation to regard him as any sort of answer to our striking problems just now. But with nine-man benches, there's a case for giving him some minutes late in a game where we're 3-0 down (or even 3-0 up) just to see what he can do. And at 6'+, he certainly offers us something different from Maupay and Connolly.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just hold on a second. We had Chris Wood playing for our first team. Aged 19 in League One. There were plenty of fans more than happy to write him off and send him back.

Think about that for a second. Evan is a big strong lad, he has a decent touch and he scored a lovely back post headed goal recently for the U23s. The ball and defenders ending up in the back of the net. It wasn't a classic header, he is still very much work in progress.

Not may big powerful forwards make an impression at a young age. Wood who has gone on to have a very successful Premier League career, is something of an exception in this regard. For many Brighton fans he was not the answer aged 19 in League One. What are some of you people asking for here?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yet we loan out our 20/22 year old forwards as they're not ready.

We've cocked up again in the transfer market. It's shouldn't be left to teenagers to bail us out

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Why not trust the people running the club? In all this talk about not signing a Striker I notice nobody has mentioned Richards who could well be our wild card this season? Potter has kept him and Roberts for a reason.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
3 in 3 in the PL U23 league. On fire….

3 in 165 minutes.

When Aaron Connolly had his standout season at that level, in the 2018/19 season, he scored 11 in 15 matches.

If Ferguson continues at his current rate he will smash that.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Why not trust the people running the club? In all this talk about not signing a Striker I notice nobody has mentioned Richards who could well be our wild card this season? Potter has kept him and Roberts for a reason.

Richards to my knowledge has never played a single minute at striker at any level, including junior football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here