Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Eurovision - Liverpool To Host In 2023

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
that's just detail ;) Probably about time brighton had a decent arena.

That is absolutely spot on. The Brighton Centre is well past its prime, but I am not sure there is an obvious location (or financing) to build something bigger.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What a strange thing to say, have you ever been to any of these great cities?!?

Yes. All of them with the exception of Sheffield.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
That is absolutely spot on. The Brighton Centre is well past its prime, but I am not sure there is an obvious location (or financing) to build something bigger.

Could they build a new indoor arena on Bennett’s Field?

Tony can knock up some hotels for the delegates as well.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

A few years ago I was in Sheffield for work over a weekend. There was a big Yates's and a big Wetherspoons within bottle throwing distance of each other, and there's a big fountain / water feature pool thing that if isn't in the middle of them (my memory is hazy) it was, I'm sure, easily visible from them both. Anyway, from about 9pm onwards it was a steady procession of carnage. All kinds of bodily fluids and stomach contents being dispatched into it. Looking at Google maps it seems to still to be there. I hope whoever cleans it gets a bonus each month.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Then I'm very surprised you can come to the conclusion that they're all 's***holes' - Personally, I'd rather not use the phrase about anywhere but there's none at that list worthy of that moniker. What is that you think makes them such?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Great news, Turin flying over and handing the Eurovisions key(s) to Liverpool on 31st January. I assume there are several copies of the key incase the master key gets lost hence the need to pluralise.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-64220499
Think you've misunderstood 'keys'. These are the key that the band plays in and the completely different key that our entrant tends to sing in.

Come on Ireland, do the right thing:

The song is quite plaintive and obviously heartfelt. If his I'm A Celeb performance is anything to go by, the old loon being involved in the Eurovision media madness would be unmissable television.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
It will be interesting to see how they go about actually hosting.

Normally Eurovisions tend to go about promoting and celebrating the host country at every opportunity.

Except in this case, the host country came second and was a back up due to the war in Ukraine, who would otherwise have that opportunity.

Will we see sweeping drone shots of the Angel of the North and the Lake District? Or awareness raising of the brutality happening in the Donbass?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here