Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] European dominance

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't really agree, I hate that sort of thing as much as the next englishman but it's just part of the game. Rather than sitting on our high horse acting with nobility, it finally seems like we are trying to become part of the modern game. Some will see that as lowering ourselves to their level and abandoning principles but it's high time we did so in my opinion, the rest of the world have absolutely no intention of adhering to our notion of fair play and respect so **** it.

The South American teams weren't really outplayed either in most instances. Belgium were lucky against Brazil and if it wasn't for Hazard producing a performance like that it would have been far more difficult for them. The French didn't have to deal with an in-form Cavani which is akin to us losing Kane. Colombians played us without James which gives them a whole new dynamic to their midfield. Peru played well, unlucky not to make the knockouts. Argentina, despite a slow burn showed us why they are in the tournament vs France.

:thumbsup: The reality, rather than a lazy narrative based on hindsight and cherry picking.

Many European born players have been consistent cheats (or masters at 'gamesmanship') this centrury. Portugal and Spain alone have provided a raft of experts. On violence, the Netherlands tried to disgracefully MMA their way to the 2010 WC. The PL and CL sees the full array of cheating.

Uruguay - on so many levels, the absense of Cavani was devastating for them. Argentina have had a shocking and old defence for several years now. Tim Vickery, the brilliant South American football expert, explained this countless times before and during the tournament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here