• Leave

Votes: 119 41.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 32 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jan 30, 2008
Jeremy Corbyn set to condemn Cameron’s EU benefit brake

Labour leader will argue that discriminating against workers from eastern Europe is unfair

Jeremy Corbyn is expected to attack David Cameron’s negotiations of an “emergency brake” on benefits for new migrants as potentially discriminatory, and make a positive case for European migration ahead of the crunch summit on Britain’s EU membership this week.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/13/jeremy-corbyn-condemns-tory-limits-eu-migration

Good old Jeremy .. finger on the pulse of public opinion as usual.
how did this idiot become labour leader
regards
DR

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Agree, it is the traditional Labour supporting working class who have borne the brunt of the consequences of mass-immigration and the Liberal elite obsession with foisting multiculturalism on the indigenous population

Sad to say you are spot on. Many many many working class people have turned their backs on the party that should have been there to support them. They were a disgrace when they were in power. I can not see myself ever voting for them again.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Sad to say you are spot on. Many many many working class people have turned their backs on the party that should have been there to support them. They were a disgrace when they were in power. I can not see myself ever voting for them again.

Same as that. I voted them in power and watched them systemically shaft their core vote. Never again for me.

Jan 4, 2016
18,000 Muslims and growing in Calais. This is the local French woman story which you'll not see on Sky or BBC news as Migrants need to be shown in a good light and not for the vile disgusting animals that they are.

[yt]wsRifrDfElo[/yt]

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
C) free-movement of labour is sacrosanct but Cameron has managed to achieve compromise on in-work benefits which is a big win .

is this done and dusted then?
I thought this weeks summit was where we find out if the EU will agree to Camerons four "fix it" plans

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35575793
HSBC. To stay in London regardless of The EU vote. Knocks all the In theory into touch that London would stop being a financial powerhouse wouldn't you say.

As well as the financial system in the UK, timezone is a big factor for global banks. Dealing with Asia from the US and vice versa is a right pain in the arse. London can span both.....

Decision is no real surprise. Think there was a large element of sabre-rattling going on. Barclays did the same when they threatened a move of Head office to New York.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I never believed this thread would be so supported. There has been a great deal of debate on here, which was the initial intention. Whatever side you support, argument and counter argument works wonders. A very decent debate overall, well done every contributor and indeed viewer. Should I hold a brand new poll soon?

I would have a brand new poll next monday rivet,its an important issue,

Its looking like we will know by next weekend if Camerons Four proposals that will "fix" our relationship with Europe will have been accepted or rejected by the rest of the EU.
Would be interesting to see if this decision affects the way people vote on NSC

Its an important enough issue to get a new perspective after the EU have judged us on Camerons terms and conditions

can you stick a new poll on this thread or does it mean a new one

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

everyone should watch this

If you cherish democracy and want your vote to mean something where you can change government vote OUT.
If you want to be controlled by an expanding super state where your voice is never heard,you can never vote out the lawmakers and that doesnt bother you vote IN

its very simple

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

If you cherish democracy and want your vote to mean something where you can change government vote OUT.
If you want to be controlled by an expanding super state where your voice is never heard,you can never vote out the lawmakers and that doesnt bother you vote IN

its very simple
Yes, they should watch it if they want to be sucked in by RT ( Russia Today ), and help realise the kremlin's geo-political goal of breaking up the EU. :lolol:

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012

I wonder if you can see the irony of posting this along with a video of a man who gained 12.7% of the popular vote in the last election and ended up with 0.2% of the seats in Parliament?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I wonder if you can see the irony of posting this along with a video of a man who gained 12.7% of the popular vote in the last election and ended up with 0.2% of the seats in Parliament?

Irony. I fail to see what voting out of the EU and the travesty of the lack of seats compared with votes here are connected. Unlike the voting here the voting on the EU referendum is a straight IN or Out. This time you have two choices and your comparison is just deflection.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

its very simple

:clap::clap::clap: this clip tells it all nothing else needs to be said.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

its very simple

on 9.22 of the clip galloway says that he would not stand with liam fox therefore would join the go campaign.:eek:.im confused i thought liam fox was is in the go campaign.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Irony. I fail to see what voting out of the EU and the travesty of the lack of seats compared with votes here are connected. Unlike the voting here the voting on the EU referendum is a straight IN or Out. This time you have two choices and your comparison is just deflection.

You either didn't read pastafarian's post or purposefully misconstrued it. He is the one who equated a vote to leave the EU with cherishing democracy and your vote to mean something. I was pointing out that the continued attempt to portray the UK as democratic and the EU as not is laughable, at best.

You are also confusing the referendum voting process (one person one vote) with the resultant ability to vote for the government of your choice and for them to shape the laws under which you are governed (the UK and EU election and lawmaking processes). Pastafarian brought the latter up and I responded to it.

I'm not going to bother responding to your posts any more because you have failed to engage on any substantive point you have made. You've mis-used numbers and when confronted with that have ignored the response only to mis-use them again. You don't appear to grasp the difference between gross and net, and why it matters. You've blamed the EU for the UK's immigration problem and yet have no response to the fact that immigration from outside the EU is the major contributor to the issue but the UK government has not curbed what they can.

You are of course welcome to keep shouting whatever you want, but I won't be listening and I'd hope that anyone else who read this thread would come to a similar conclusion.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
farage did say when the referendum is over and we vote to come out his priority would be for vote reform,

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You either didn't read pastafarian's post or purposefully misconstrued it. He is the one who equated a vote to leave the EU with cherishing democracy and your vote to mean something. I was pointing out that the continued attempt to portray the UK as democratic and the EU as not is laughable, at best.

You are also confusing the referendum voting process (one person one vote) with the resultant ability to vote for the government of your choice and for them to shape the laws under which you are governed (the UK and EU election and lawmaking processes). Pastafarian brought the latter up and I responded to it.

I'm not going to bother responding to your posts any more because you have failed to engage on any substantive point you have made. You've mis-used numbers and when confronted with that have ignored the response only to mis-use them again. You don't appear to grasp the difference between gross and net, and why it matters. You've blamed the EU for the UK's immigration problem and yet have no response to the fact that immigration from outside the EU is the major contributor to the issue but the UK government has not curbed what they can.

You are of course welcome to keep shouting whatever you want, but I won't be listening and I'd hope that anyone else who read this thread would come to a similar conclusion.

Quotes "I'm not going to bother responding to your posts any more because you have failed to engage on any substantive point you have made. You've mis-used numbers and when confronted with that have ignored the response only to mis-use them again. " and "You've blamed the EU for the UK's immigration problem and yet have no response to the fact that immigration from outside the EU is the major contributor to the issue but the UK government has not curbed what they can." and "You are of course welcome to keep shouting whatever you want, but I won't be listening and I'd hope that anyone else who read this thread would come to a similar conclusion. "

In answer to your first "point"
I have not "misused numbers", they are numbers that you do not agree with the same as i do not agree with yours.
Secondly, Of course "immigration from outside the EU is the major contributor to the issue", if you had bothered to read my stance over many months/years even you might realise that i would like to see ALL immigration CONTROLLED, the fact that this thread is about the EU, (repeat EU) is why most are concentrating on the immigration issue WITHIN the EU, this is what the voting is for i thought.
Thirdly.
quote: "You are of course welcome to keep shouting whatever you want, but I won't be listening and I'd hope that anyone else who read this thread would come to a similar conclusion."
I am not shouting, seems to be you that is getting upset because i happen to have a different opinion. You may "hope that anyone else that reads this thread would come to a similar position"....hopefully most will make up their own minds without your cajoling whether they agree or not.
I am sorry to inform you that i will keep voicing my opinion, as you probably will, if you do not want to "respond to my posts anymore" fair enough, debating may not be for you....unless of course you have to be agreed with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here