Votes: 119 41.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 32 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
If the UK decided to leave, Scotland who will almost certainly vote no will demand another referendum.

I don't know if that will influence any ones vote in Sussex though.

Oh no, I forgot about Scotland! I had better change my opinion...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see someone who has avoided debating the substantive points I raised (not for the first time) which suggests their initial argument was weak or based on lazy assumptions :p

What's to debate? A number of polls suggest Scotland clearly likes EU membership. And if they were removed by a government which is 400 miles away and a unrepresentative government which they didn't vote for a single MP I am certain they will do something about it....and my guess that the SNP will sieze the moment for another referendum.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The pro independence Scots seek freedom from the UK but seek securtiy and governance from the EU.....

I pick and choose my friends as well. What's the big deal?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
What's to debate? A number of polls suggest Scotland clearly likes EU membership. And if they were removed by a government which is 400 miles away and a unrepresentative government which they didn't vote for a single MP I am certain they will do something about it....and my guess that the SNP will sieze the moment for another referendum.

Of course it is representative. Representative of the country. Not just them.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

The Scottish people voted to remain part of the United Kingdom. If the collective will of the people of the UK is to leave then so be it. Yes the SNP will try to exploit the vote portraying it as a Westminster/government decision as you have done.

Balanced against this SNP narrative will be the stark facts that an independent Scotland has no automatic right to join the EU and the minor matter of the oil price ...

Oil price slump wrecks Scotland’s financial forecasts

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6f2fd24e-5d29-11e5-9846-de406ccb37f2.html#axzz3yliGISi2

In truth no one knows how this will play out but to suggest it is almost certain that Scotland would leave the UK as you did is scaremongering.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Oh come on HT, you're better than that. There are 3 non snp mps

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Scottish people voted to remain part of the United Kingdom. If the collective will of the people of the UK is to leave then so be it. Yes the SNP will try to exploit the vote portraying it as a Westminster/government decision as you have done.

Balanced against this SNP narrative will be the stark facts that an independent Scotland has no automatic right to join the EU and the minor matter of the oil price ...

Oil price slump wrecks Scotland’s financial forecasts

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6f2fd24e-5d29-11e5-9846-de406ccb37f2.html#axzz3yliGISi2

In truth no one knows how this will play out but to suggest it is almost certain that Scotland would leave the UK as you did is scaremongering.

I gave my reasons why I feel so that Scotland will leave. Scaremongering suggests that you feel people are unable to make their own minds up from what I wrote, are you really this arrogant? Because if they can make their own mind up my view is either valid or nonsense. I'm pro-EU; it stands to reason I feel departure will have negative consequences.

PS and I presume your oil price comment isn't scaremongering. No doubt for you its fact.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh come on HT, you're better than that. There are 3 non snp mps

You're right there is one single Tory MP. My point still stands that they voted in a single Tory MP but they are governed by a Tory government.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
You're right there is one single Tory MP. My point still stands that they voted in a single Tory MP but they are governed by a Tory government.

Jeez, HT you are a fantastic addition to NSC but sometimes (regardless of your bacon and trips to the UK) you can be a complete argumentative ****. I know because I can be too. x

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If, after a Brexit, Scotland wants a vote on whether to break up the United Kingdom, there should definitely be a vote on it; as it would involve breaking up the UK, the whole of the UK will of course have to have a democratic vote on it..........................................................

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I gave my reasons why I feel so that Scotland will leave. Scaremongering suggests that you feel people are unable to make their own minds up from what I wrote, are you really this arrogant? Because if they can make their own mind up my view is either valid or nonsense. I'm pro-EU; it stands to reason I feel departure will have negative consequences.

PS and I presume your oil price comment isn't scaremongering. No doubt for you its fact.

You did and I provided two reasons why this is unlikely to be a virtual certainty as you suggested.

No, scaremongering means people are presenting a doomsday scenario of breakup of the UK as a near certainty with very little evidence.

The collapse in the oil price is a fact and it will undermine any pro Scottish independence argument.

Your pro EU stance is of course completely legitimate but you are not arguing for the benefits of staying in rather playing on fears of leaving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here