[Albion] Europa League - What we know so far

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Then shirley they must not be that big a deal. If for some miracle Juventus (a struggling team with Notts County-like kits) make it to the EL, I suggest you field your weakest 11 to give them some minutes in what would be a ridiculously easy tie for you otherwise.
I expect we would, but just to be clear, it's not up to me, I'm not the manager.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Juventus will go into a EL place with 1.match to go if they avoid defeat at home to AC Milan tomorrow
So many interesting league matches throughout Europe which will decide who will qualify in England, Italy, Spain, Belgium and more.
My eyes will be focused on the Dutch Eredivisie where Ajax must win at Twente for any chance of Champions League football next season, that is if PSV don't get a point from AZ.
Apart from PSV and Ajax, AZ can also get Europa League football with a win and to hope Ajax lose - all these implications are very confusing, but does make up an entertaining final day.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
We want to go to places like Vercelli and live the dream
Pro Vercelli have more than double the number of titles that Napoli or Roma have, to be fair
Juventus will go into a EL place with 1.match to go if they avoid defeat at home to AC Milan tomorrow
That's a very big if; considering recent performances it'll be a fight between us and Milan to be the most awful team on the pitch tomorrow. I'd really like to be in the EL next year despite everything they threw at us this season though, hopefully with a new-manager bounce.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Alte Försterei in Berlin is quite special. Built by the fans and has a capacity of 22,000 but only 3,617 seats. It's not aproved for european games, so they will have to play their home games at Olympiastadion if they qualify.

Olympiastadion is more than twice the size of Europa-Park Stadion in Freiburg.
Have the rules changed for next season? Union Berlin played at the Alte Försterei in Europe this season.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Thanks to PSV scoring in the 98th minute Ajax are now in Europa. Please please please.
Yes, Ajax have qualified for the Europa League Play-Off, finishing 3rd in Eredivisie after their 3-1 loss at Twente.
PSV finished 2nd, beating AZ 2-1, so are in the third qualifying round of the Champions League, but they are also predicted to be in the Europa League group stages next season.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Lille is reasonably easy to get to on the EuroStar. I’d be happy with them.

I would love Lille, they are my French club (see my sig!). Star striker Jonathan David is a good ol' French-Canadian boy from right here in Ottawa-Gatineau. Played in our academy until he left for France.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Juve v AC Milan just kicked off. Would like Juve to win as it brings both of them closer to Europa League

Sepulveda

Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
We're technically still in contention to be fair, I just can't see us winning away at Udinese in the last game with the form we're currently in.

If it ends up being Roma and Atalanta, they both should provide cracking atmosphere with their obnoxious and occasionally violent fans. Shouting their lungs off is one of the few things they do well.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We're technically still in contention to be fair, I just can't see us winning away at Udinese in the last game with the form we're currently in.

If it ends up being Roma and Atalanta, they both should provide cracking atmosphere with their obnoxious and occasionally violent fans. Shouting their lungs off is one of the few things they do well.
For a cracking atmosphere there is no better Italian fans than Napoli or Lazio

Sepulveda

Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
For a cracking atmosphere there is no better Italian fans than Napoli or Lazio
Yeah those two as well, but they're in the Champions League. And the two Milan clubs (also in the CL) make the best tifos. Oh and the ultras group of Lazio are bona fide fascists so meh, I'm not so impressed by them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports