Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League Ticket Exchange

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
What’s actually your problem with this? There’s two weeks to go to the first match. Are you worried that the club will forget to activate the tickets, or what? Who cares whether they activate them now or next week, or in the week of the match. Calm down.
Quite. If you don't have them a couple of days before the match that will be the time to PANIC.

Jul 7, 2003
Was there a definitive answer about the ticket transfer - not exchange? I have friends who share a season ticket using this service and want to be fair in sharing the European home games between them but at the moment, this option does not seem to be available to them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was there a definitive answer about the ticket transfer - not exchange? I have friends who share a season ticket using this service and want to be fair in sharing the European home games between them but at the moment, this option does not seem to be available to them.
I wouldn't be surprised if transfers aren't available for the Europa League games.

Transfers are only available on season ticket seats. Individual match tickets, be it for league or cup, aren't transferable and I suspect the 3-match pack of tickets will be seen as three individual match tickets and not season ticket seats, if that makes sense. Just my hunch though.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I wouldn't be surprised if transfers aren't available for the Europa League games.

Transfers are only available on season ticket seats. Individual match tickets, be it for league or cup, aren't transferable and I suspect the 3-match pack of tickets will be seen as three individual match tickets and not season ticket seats, if that makes sense. Just my hunch though.
That's my hunch too; we've just pre-bought 3x individual match tickets rather than getting a mini-season ticket.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Agree this may be the case, Bearing in mind all would have bought tickets not knowing when the games were many will not be able to go. To avoid loads of empty seats am sure PB will activate exchange. Think match day price is £40 plus so plenty of profit to be made

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding

I thought when the released the 3 match pack for sth's it said they were not transferrable anyway.

Jul 7, 2003
I thought when the released the 3 match pack for sth's it said they were not transferrable anyway.
They also indicated the ticket exchange wouldn't open but looks like that may change, hence the question.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Quite. If you don't have them a couple of days before the match that will be the time to PANIC.
Man U digital tickets arrived today. 8 days before the match. If that’s any guide. I can see why the question is being asked about the 3 match packs though because single match tickets were sent in the confirmation e mail on purchase. I currently have Man U and Marseille in my Apple wallet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is that from the club or just speculation on NSC ?
It was discussed on the online Euro fan’s forum. At that point, PB said (can’t recall his exact words) that there wasn’t going to be any exchange option but they were going to see if it was doable.

As others have said, suspect there will only be an exchange (if anything and presumably only if games sell out), not sharing but don’t think this was discussed on the forum.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is that from the club or just speculation on NSC ?
When the three-ticket pack was announced, it was stated that there would be no exchange etc, but that was rowed back on, to a degree, in the online Fans' Forum on Europa League ticketing that was held. From my transcription (which you can read here):

Jon Lang - 3-pack for STHs. Out of 6 games, I know I can’t make 1 date. We don’t know which dates will be home and away games yet, but the club say no transfers or refunds are possible, so if I buy the 3-match package but need to miss a home game, it feels a bit early to commit before knowing the dates.​
Jenny Gower - Can understand it’s difficult without knowing all the details. We know there is demand from some fans who want to come to all games regardless. We know it doesn’t help everybody. This is just for people who want to commit now.​
JL - Will we have a resale?​
JG - If we can, technically, we will., but we want people to buy because they know they can come to all three games. There is a big discount on the 3-match package pricing which makes it slightly tricky to offer a re-sale.​
I do slightly wonder if, with the benefit of hindsight, selling the three-ticket pack ahead of the fixtures was a slight mistake, as it does seem like a lot of people bought them because they absolutely wanted to make sure they'd be able to go to all games for which they were available and were prepared to risk the money to do that.

Now the specifics of home and away fixtures are known, people now know they are going to miss a game. There are still something like 1,400-1,500 tickets remaining for AEK which is now under two weeks away. There's a chance these may not all sell out, or only do so very close to the day itself, meaning the exchange may not open at all or, if it does open, leaves very little time for resales to happen.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was discussed on the online Euro fan’s forum. At that point, PB said (can’t recall his exact words) that there wasn’t going to be any exchange option but they were going to see if it was doable.

As others have said, suspect there will only be an exchange (if anything and presumably only if games sell out), not sharing but don’t think this was discussed on the forum.
From my notes:

Graham Mockett - Buy package and can’t go to one game. Can I share it with friends or family.​
JG - no, you are committing to attending those three games.​

el punal

Rather than activate any ticket exchange perhaps they should activate the tickets themselves on peoples smart phones......
Yes -
The ticket exchange is a different process to transferring tickets to 'friends and family'. So even if the exchange opens ... it doesn't mean your daughter will be able to transfer tickets to her husband.
Yes, I realise that. I explained the situation to the chap who took the call. He probably assumed that both options - ticket exchange and transfer to friends and family - would apply. As I said, we wait for the club to announce their decision.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
When the three-ticket pack was announced, it was stated that there would be no exchange etc, but that was rowed back on, to a degree, in the online Fans' Forum on Europa League ticketing that was held. From my transcription (which you can read here):

Jon Lang - 3-pack for STHs. Out of 6 games, I know I can’t make 1 date. We don’t know which dates will be home and away games yet, but the club say no transfers or refunds are possible, so if I buy the 3-match package but need to miss a home game, it feels a bit early to commit before knowing the dates.​
Jenny Gower - Can understand it’s difficult without knowing all the details. We know there is demand from some fans who want to come to all games regardless. We know it doesn’t help everybody. This is just for people who want to commit now.​
JL - Will we have a resale?​
JG - If we can, technically, we will., but we want people to buy because they know they can come to all three games. There is a big discount on the 3-match package pricing which makes it slightly tricky to offer a re-sale.​
I do slightly wonder if, with the benefit of hindsight, selling the three-ticket pack ahead of the fixtures was a slight mistake, as it does seem like a lot of people bought them because they absolutely wanted to make sure they'd be able to go to all games for which they were available and were prepared to risk the money to do that.

Now the specifics of home and away fixtures are known, people now know they are going to miss a game. There are still something like 1,400-1,500 tickets remaining for AEK which is now under two weeks away. There's a chance these may not all sell out, or only do so very close to the day itself, meaning the exchange may not open at all or, if it does open, leaves very little time for resales to happen.
I’m not sure if it was a mistake. Perhaps a part of the thinking was the huge anticipation for these tickets. For some it simplified the buying process but I guess others have over committed a little.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes -

Yes, I realise that. I explained the situation to the chap who took the call. He probably assumed that both options - ticket exchange and transfer to friends and family - would apply. As I said, we wait for the club to announce their decision.
I’m not sure you are waiting for anything. As things stand there is no ticket sharing and no ticket exchange.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m not sure if it was a mistake. Perhaps a part of the thinking was the huge anticipation for these tickets. For some it simplified the buying process but I guess others over committed a little.
Agreed - it was 100% crystal clear before they went on sale that there was no sharing/exchange (planned at the time) so anyone buying should have either knew they could make all three or were knowingly taking a risk on dates (me, for example). I guess most just wanted ‘their’ seat - for any STH there was absolutely no danger at all of not being able to get a ticket for any game.

el punal

It seems to me that the club are in unknown territory here. I thought that the 3 match package was a great bargain - the problem being the unknown quantity of who, when and where each fixture was taking place. I would like to think that the club would be flexible enough to relent on their “no transfer” policy as most of us were taking a flyer as to being able to attend all three home games. Surely it would be a wise solution to enable the those that have paid to be able to either transfer to friends and family or return the relevant match ticket (with no refund) to the club so that they can resell and ensure that the there are no masses of empty seats?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here