1. Feyenoord1 v Roma
  2. Galatasaray v Sparta Prague
  3. Shakhtar Donetsk v Marseille
  4. Young Boys v Sporting Lisbon
  5. Benfica v Toulouse
  6. Lens v SC Freiburg
  7. AC Milan v Rennes
  8. Sporting Braga v Qarabag

Simply put we will play one of winners from these games.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
  1. Feyenoord1 v Roma
  5. Benfica v Toulouse
  6. Lens v SC Freiburg
  7. AC Milan v Rennes

1. Roma
  2. Sparta Prague
  3. Shakhtar Donetsk
  4. Sporting Lisbon
  5. Benfica
  6. SC Freiburg
  7. AC Milan
  8. Sporting Braga
My preference (and careful to erase Young Boys from my preference)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
  1. Roma
  2. Sparta Prague
  3. Shakhtar Donetsk
  4. Sporting Lisbon
  5. Benfica
  6. SC Freiburg
  7. AC Milan
  8. Sporting Braga
My preference (and careful to erase Young Boys from my preference)
If sporting lisbon and benfica both get through, and we draw one of them then I think our legs could be reversed (home 1st) as teams from same city cant both be at home on same night. I think normally the team that finished higher in the league is swapped.

Similar happened recently with arsenal and Chelsea I believe

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
If sporting lisbon and benfica both get through, and we draw one of them then I think our legs could be reversed (home 1st) as teams from same city cant both be at home on same night. I think normally the team that finished higher in the league is swapped.

Could be played on separate days though!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

They won’t reverse the legs as the seeding is designed to give group winners home advantage in the second leg. No club will be agreeing to give that up.

In the 21-22 Europa League last 16 both Real Betis and Sevilla were due to play at home on the same day. The Real Betis vs Eintract Frankfurt game was played a day earlier. This meant neither West Ham or Frankfurt had to give up the advantage won by winning their group.

The Arsenal and Chelsea fixture clash you refer to came when the last 16 wasn’t seeded, the previous round of 32 was, so no club had to give up any previously won advantage so UEFA could switch the fixtures without the same issues that would arise over seeding advantages.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
They won’t reverse the legs as the seeding is designed to give group winners home advantage in the second leg. No club will be agreeing to give that up.

In the 21-22 Europa League last 16 both Real Betis and Sevilla were due to play at home on the same day. The Real Betis vs Eintract Frankfurt game was played a day earlier. This meant neither West Ham or Frankfurt had to give up the advantage won by winning their group.

The Arsenal and Chelsea fixture clash you refer to came when the last 16 wasn’t seeded, the previous round of 32 was, so no club had to give up any previously won advantage so UEFA could switch the fixtures without the same issues that would arise over seeding advantages.
Such posts are both helpful and reassuring @Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo - thank you. I’ve already booked flights for the home game(I can deal with either KO time). If we had to wait till late Feb for confirmation the prices would be far higher. I get it re lack of notice re the away game opponents obvs and just hope it’s one with a large ground to give as many of us a chance as possible

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Thanks. Thats reassuring

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I’ve just been on to grab a ticket for my youngest who is A+. Message on website said tickets are on general sale to season ticket holders as well. So you can still log on and grab some for yourself if you’ve still not got round to it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So I've started my preparations to get cheap flights & hotels in all 16 towns. Some are easy (Feyenord, Spain, Portugul, Italy & France). Surprisingly Prague gives me the lowest flight options from any London airport.
Obviously I've not looked into Galatasaray or Young Boys yet. Qarabag can do one I think.

gasbag

Dec 2, 2016
So I've started my preparations to get cheap flights & hotels in all 16 towns. Some are easy (Feyenord, Spain, Portugul, Italy & France). Surprisingly Prague gives me the lowest flight options from any London airport.
Obviously I've not looked into Galatasaray or Young Boys yet. Qarabag can do one I think.
For Prague and if you have a bit of time, you could fly to Berlin and train from there. I go to Prague fairly frequently to visit family and the flight to Berlin, overnight stay in Berlin and train to Prague has sometimes worked out cheaper than direct flight to Prague.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I've already booked the time off for the first leg, this better not happen

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
  1. Feyenoord1 v Roma
  5. Benfica v Toulouse
  6. Lens v SC Freiburg
  7. AC Milan v Rennes

It's getting close!
Playoff games are 15th and 22nd February.

Draw for Round of 16 is 23rd February

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here