Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League campaign 23/24 - what was your highlight?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a journey! I loved every minute. Just wondered what everyone’s highlight was?

Mine was definitely Marseille away with my son and friends. Best atmosphere and away day ever.
Amsterdam for the same reason as you. Ok it rained a lot but it was an epic session filled with old mates from the Goldstone and new ones from current away days. And we beat Ajax. Away. And saw a brilliant football related comedy show.

Talking of raining a lot, the build up to AEK at home was also pretty special. Walking into the Caxton at about 4pm to see it absolutely packed with two different camera crews interviewing people, then standing outside the Albert as a car load of replica shirted AEK fans drove past tooting the horn gave me a “this is really happening” moment. Hopefully we’ll have a few more. Unfortunately, the result and then the weather took over.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Being a homer only, the winner v Marseille was my highlight, but it was all a fantastic experience and loved it all

Not sure that being a homer matters! Three brilliant wins, Pedro’s celebration against Marseille was a great moment and our first ever European night against AEK felt sublime.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Just occurred to me that not only did we beat Ajax, Marseille and Roma at the Amex, we didn’t concede a goal in any of them!

I fully expect the Twitter trolls of Chelsea and Palace to be wetting themselves now, but they have no ammunition really - 5 wins from 8 games in our debut season, and we bowed out with a solid victory.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Footballing wise, the come-back in Marseilles - our first ever European away game.
Pedro's winner against them to top the group will live long in the memory, one of the great moments at The Amex.
Beyond that, I just loved being in some wonderful European cities with old friends and family who have followed the Albion since childhood. A superb meal in Rome with 12 of us on the eve of the Roma game being a personal highlight.
It's been absolutely brilliant.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It has been a brilliant experience, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I'd see Brighton play, and beat, top teams from the Dutch , French and Italian leagues in actual competitive matches.

😀

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The whole trip to Marseille - wonderful city. But everything about the match - the fans zone, the singing on the coach, the pre-match atmosphere, the amazing atmosphere during the game itself, the equaliser, mop-guy, walking back through the city afterwards….my top, top experience as an Albion fan of over 50 years. Thankyou RDZ and the whole club.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
AEK away. We ground out a win, in a tough environment against an experienced European team to qualify for knock out football.

That when I knew we had really achieved something super special.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
I Enjoyed every moment of it, from the “we are really here?” feeling at the AEK home game and four amazing trips abroad, to the final whistle last night when we bowed out with honour after beating yet another European giant. Marseilles at home and the late winner to confirm our place at the top of the group was probably the individual moment I enjoyed most.

I want more…

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
I enjoyed every minute of every match. What an experience. I so hope we can qualify and do it all again next season as it really is special.

Top moment? Has to be the half an hour or so after the final whistle at Athens away, culminating in the tear gassing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here