Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League - Away game tickets.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So if we got Sporting it would be moved to the Wednesday?

I wonder if the club could confirm that in advance of the draw?

After all, there must be protocol for such an event?
This on the UEFA site
Seedings, any groupings and the procedure will be available here from 09:00 CET on the day of the draw.
Does this mean that any clash will be anounced prior to the draw? Personally, I still think Wednesday & Thursday would be no better as 5500 away fans in town on the Wednesday would be asking for trouble. On the Wednesday it will be any two of the 8 seeded teams. This also makes hotel rooms harder to find.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hotels.
I've booked the Ibis in Lens at about £90 a night, B&B fully cancelable. I noticed today the same booking is £150.
So how will the hotel feel on Friday afternoon when their 100% capacity bookings fall to 10% full when the other 7 teams start to cancel their bookings.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Hotels.
I've booked the Ibis in Lens at about £90 a night, B&B fully cancelable. I noticed today the same booking is £150.
So how will the hotel feel on Friday afternoon when their 100% capacity bookings fall to 10% full when the other 7 teams start to cancel their bookings.
Presumably people have up to a day or two before the game to cancel. I wonder whether people generally cancel straight after the draw, or leave it to the last moment?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So if we got Sporting it would be moved to the Wednesday?

I wonder if the club could confirm that in advance of the draw?

After all, there must be protocol for such an event?
I can't see the club committing to anything between now and the draw. They won't want to be responsible for putting out comms that may lead to people making travel bookings just yet.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hotels.

From Athens and Amsterdam , the prices surged initially but actually closer the game some good bargains were to be had.

Not at all worried about hotels personally , there are always options

The portugal option / tuesday would be a problem though

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I fully understand people pre-booking options, but really - if everyone just calmed the f*** down, and waited until after the draw, there'd obviously be a scramble, but all the flights and hotels would be at 'normal' prices and availability.

Thousands of Liverpool, West ham, Brighton and Rangers fans all researching and pre-booking the same 16 sets of flights and accommodation options constantly, is doing nobody at all any favours.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This on the UEFA site
Seedings, any groupings and the procedure will be available here from 09:00 CET on the day of the draw.
Does this mean that any clash will be anounced prior to the draw? Personally, I still think Wednesday & Thursday would be no better as 5500 away fans in town on the Wednesday would be asking for trouble. On the Wednesday it will be any two of the 8 seeded teams. This also makes hotel rooms harder to find.
The UEFA document does suggest this. As for Wednsday and Thursday I believe this has happened before and it was not an issue. Possibly Seville?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I fully understand people pre-booking options, but really - if everyone just calmed the f*** down, and waited until after the draw, there'd obviously be a scramble, but all the flights and hotels would be at 'normal' prices and availability.

Thousands of Liverpool, West ham, Brighton and Rangers fans all researching and pre-booking the same 16 sets of flights and accommodation options constantly, is doing nobody at all any favours.
People love to panic though.....pasta, petrol etc.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho

Amen to this. Brother

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I can't see the club committing to anything between now and the draw. They won't want to be responsible for putting out comms that may lead to people making travel bookings just yet.

I get that 100% - it was more a (faint) hope that prior to the draw UEFA stated that because there are two teams in the same city, both due to play on the Thursday, one of the Lisbon teams (and confirms which one) would play on X rather than the Thursday.

Sporting are 3-1 up (with their home leg to come) and Benfica 2-1 up with their away leg in Toulose to come so this scenario is a distinct possibility.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Pretty much this. It's all a bit, hysterical.

christmas-shopping-run.gif

Jimmy Grimble

Would be helpful if the club announced if they are doing the pre-register interest thing again. Probably a fair few people on the cusp of point categories. I guess they don’t need to until the draw is confirmed. Surely they will do it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

100% this……

There are over 25,000 hotels rooms in Lisbon (for example), it’s not going to full midweek in March FFS. Going to wait a couple of days after the draw when hotel prices will have dropped again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I really want to travel if we play in Hamburg. Quick question for anyone who might know: why are we only likely to get 2850 tickets? There were plenty of empty seats when Shakhtar Donetsk played Marseille last week. Would we get more if we requested them?

(I doubt they'll qualify anyway after only drawing the home leg)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here