[Football] Euro 2020 (now 2021) dates revealed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Within 48 hours of the match, it says.

Going from experience, you carry out the test at home, submit your result to the NHS website, and you get a text and email saying that you have been tested negative.

The problem is that it relies on honesty - as you could easily just click "negative" rather than "positive" and go to the game anyway... and it would be impossible to disprove.

Even if they then asked for photos, it still would be very easy to falsify, by simply not putting the swab in your mouth for the test.

This is 100% relying on the honesty of the public. Which would be great if so much of the public wasn't selfish ****wits who could well ruin it for everyone.

As with most things the majority of people will do the right thing.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Within 48 hours of the match, it says.

Going from experience, you carry out the test at home, submit your result to the NHS website, and you get a text and email saying that you have been tested negative.

The problem is that it relies on honesty - as you could easily just click "negative" rather than "positive" and go to the game anyway... and it would be impossible to disprove.

Even if they then asked for photos, it still would be very easy to falsify, by simply not putting the swab in your mouth for the test.

This is 100% relying on the honesty of the public. Which would be great if so much of the public wasn't selfish ****wits who could well ruin it for everyone.

To be more precise, 48 hours before the gates open which is 3 hours before kick off. For us that means my daughter has to do her test after 5pm on Sunday 20th.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
According to reports Croatia are refusing to take the knee in Sunday.

:nono:

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Does anyone know our shirt colour for Sunday? I'm guessing white as we're listed as the home team (England v Croatia, not Croatia v England). However I wonder if shirt colour choice will be a commercially based decision.
It's important that I get my wardrobe planning sorted properly.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Anybody who went to the Croatia game- did you actually have to take your passport as ID? Or is a driving licence or photo of passport fine?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anybody who went to the Croatia game- did you actually have to take your passport as ID? Or is a driving licence or photo of passport fine?

None of our 6 group had any ID checked at either the 'COVID' checkpoint or at the gates

Saltdean Seagull

Aug 21, 2011
None of our 6 group had any ID checked at either the 'COVID' checkpoint or at the gates

Likewise. I stressed all week as I had an under 12 with me who doesn`t have a passport and UEFA weren`t overly helpful on what alternative I could provide; in the end the young lad at the gate didn`t seem that bothered. They also only checked one of our Covid statuses.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I did think it seemed a bit ridiculous saying you needed to take a passport. Surely a photo of your passport would do?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
All Wembley (group) games have been balloted.

(I have my cancellation email now - worst saving scheme ever!)

So, so grateful for UEFA cancelling my tickets.

Was due to take a son to the first two matches. I'm 350 euros up so far! #winning

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
FA/UEFA selling 753 Eng v Czech tickets tomorrow morning (to those selected by ballot)

They have 555 x £185 tickets. SURELY folk won't back that now?!?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I've just managed to get 4 Cat 1s for next Tuesday on the UEFA site.

God that site is bad, on each page load I was getting between 1 and 4 cat options with various numbers in the drop down. Keep getting told no availability for whatever I put in. Managed to get it to work with 2 Cat 1s only to go and pay to find I had 4 Cat 1s in my basket. Had the email confirmation and the money has gone out of my account. So happy days!

Better ask my boss if I can have the afternoon off now.
[MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] FYI

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

God that site is bad, on each page load I was getting between 1 and 4 cat options with various numbers in the drop down. Keep getting told no availability for whatever I put in. Managed to get it to work with 2 Cat 1s only to go and pay to find I had 4 Cat 1s in my basket. Had the email confirmation and the money has gone out of my account. So happy days!

It's not even showing up when I try and look ?

Has other games as sold out but England game not showing

Edit.... You need an access code then (sorry haven't read above)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

I just spent 30 mins of putting tickets in my basket then being told they are not available then finally being booted out. Very frustrating. Now cannot log back in for 30 mins by which time I am sure they will have all gone.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I just spent 30 mins of putting tickets in my basket then being told they are not available then finally being booted out. Very frustrating. Now cannot log back in for 30 mins by which time I am sure they will have all gone.
It disappeared for a bit now showing up as sold out !! Oh well

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

The FA got 750 tickets for last night on Sunday, but given the short space of time issued about 2000 access codes to ETSC members. The UEFA site was infuriating, net result was 0 out of 5 got tickets. A couple did email the FA to complain and got offered some Cat 3s yesterday morning which was decent I guess but was amazed how badly the UEFA site coped with 2000~ people at the same time. Hopefully the increased capacity over Dublin should make the process a bit smoother for the FA / UEFA now from the original ballot.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It's not even showing up when I try and look ?

Has other games as sold out but England game not showing

I would keep trying as it was playing silly buggers with me.

Edit.... You need an access code then (sorry haven't read above)

No you don't, that was just for the additional tickets the FA released on Sunday for the Czech game.

Did the exact same to a mate of mine, but he managed to get back in and get some. Seems like only Cat 1 available though.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I would keep trying as it was playing silly buggers with me.

No you don't, that was just for the additional tickets the FA released on Sunday for the Czech game.

Did the exact same to a mate of mine, but he managed to get back in and get some. Seems like only Cat 1 available though.

I got several coming up, everytime I tried to blag one though it said not available. Now showing as sold out despite continual refreshing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The FA got 750 tickets for last night on Sunday, but given the short space of time issued about 2000 access codes to ETSC members. The UEFA site was infuriating, net result was 0 out of 5 got tickets. A couple did email the FA to complain and got offered some Cat 3s yesterday morning which was decent I guess but was amazed how badly the UEFA site coped with 2000~ people at the same time. Hopefully the increased capacity over Dublin should make the process a bit smoother for the FA / UEFA now from the original ballot.

I had tickets for the Dublin game which got cancelled. I was told I'd have first refusal on the rearranged game at Wembley but have heard nothing. Anyone else in this situation?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I had tickets for the Dublin game which got cancelled. I was told I'd have first refusal on the rearranged game at Wembley but have heard nothing. Anyone else in this situation?

Through UEFA or The FA ? If the FA they've still not confirmed anything yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports