Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Eubank Jnr vs Williams

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Eubank’s face unmarked, Williams’s a mess.

The matador with great footwork, versus a bull ploughing forward in straight lines.

Hilarious Sky commentary, portraying it as an even contest to the last second.

The Taffy audience wasted their money and can’t handle seeing their man outclassed.

Yep

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Exactly.

The Sky bullshitting duo did it for effect, to falsely paint the picture of a nip and tuck fight.

:wanker:’s.
Yep that was bullshit, I know Enzo wanted his compatriot to win but surely you need to actually commentate on what you see. Eubank was barely even sweating.

Bad day if you’re a Welsh boxing and rugby fan.

:lolol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
No worries for Jr tonight. A class above with the timing of the jab, was fully in control and confident enough for showboating.

He won't have that luxury in a world title fight though, so he'll need to step up and finish the opponent.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Yep that was bullshit, I know Enzo wanted his compatriot to win but surely you need to actually commentate on what you see. Eubank was barely even sweating.

Bad day if you’re a Welsh boxing and rugby fan.

:lolol:

They were singing Flower of Scotland before the fight, so at least they got to goad the English which would have made them happier than if Wales had won!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Eubank Jr clearly a mile ahead with his speed and accuracy. But his utterly classless showboating made me wish Williams filled his face in.

What an insufferable prick. I hope the next bloke weaves his over-inflated head into the canvass, because he certainly AIN'T all that. What a prat.

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021
Eubank Jr clearly a mile ahead with his speed and accuracy. But his utterly classless showboating made me wish Williams filled his face in.

What an insufferable prick. I hope the next bloke weaves his over-inflated head into the canvass, because he certainly AIN'T all that. What a prat.

To be fair Williams has dished enough smack talk to Eubank to draw that from him so can’t complain that he hasn’t used him dominance dish a bit of showboating.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be fair Williams has dished enough smack talk to Eubank to draw that from him so can’t complain that he hasn’t used him dominance dish a bit of showboating.

Trash talk is all part of the (tedious) game. But seeing EJR running around the ring in that last round ? Christ, have some respect for your sport you mug.

His dad would never have done that.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Trash talk is all part of the (tedious) game. But seeing EJR running around the ring in that last round ? Christ, have some respect for your sport you mug.

A poor mans Naseem Hamed

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

His dad certainly did do that kind of thing.
I don’t know why people are complaining about - it showed that the animosity was genuine, which is better than the alternative.
As a Eubank supporter I’m more concerned that his developing tactics are a bit crap. He used to throw more accurate punches. He has a shot against Golovkin but only because he’s old.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
His dad certainly did do that kind of thing.
I don’t know why people are complaining about - it showed that the animosity was genuine, which is better than the alternative.
As a Eubank supporter I’m more concerned that his developing tactics are a bit crap. He used to throw more accurate punches. He has a shot against Golovkin but only because he’s old.

His dad did showboat a bit, but his dad was also a truly elite level fighter in his generation. At the very top of the division. Jnr isn't in the same league or level of fighter his dad was in his day.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I watched it this morning.

Fair play to Williams, he had heart but you shouldn't be on your aris with those short of range punches three times.

Jnr bossed it and took the piss. I'd have rather seen a KO but Jnr rubbing in the outclassing put him in his place.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Got the job done against an awkward Williams - Can Eubank Jnr now step up ?

As a side note - Why does Kalle Sauerland always look like he is coked off his head ?

[tweet]1490275264563138561[/tweet]

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
His dad did showboat a bit, but his dad was also a truly elite level fighter in his generation. At the very top of the division. Jnr isn't in the same league or level of fighter his dad was in his day.

I’m not sure Snr was truly elite (and believe me, I was, and am, a massive fan).
In his peak years, he never went in with the top Americans in the division.
Remember his global tour? Defo not elite opposition!
He probably knew he didn’t have to because of the domestic mega fights on offer.
But he was also aware of his limitations.
The big difference with Snr was how often he fought.
He had a warm up fight, then beat Benn to win the WBO title, beat Dan Sherry , beat Gary Stretch, and beat Watson twice. All within a year. incredible, really.
Unfortunately , for whatever reason , Jnr hasn’t fought enough significant fights in his peak years. Eubank Snr was out of the game by the age Jnr is now.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I’m not sure Snr was truly elite (and believe me, I was, and am, a massive fan).
In his peak years, he never went in with the top Americans in the division.
Remember his global tour? Defo not elite opposition!
He probably knew he didn’t have to because of the domestic mega fights on offer.
But he was also aware of his limitations.
The big difference with Snr was how often he fought.
He had a warm up fight, then beat Benn to win the WBO title, beat Dan Sherry , beat Gary Stretch, and beat Watson twice. All within a year. incredible, really.
Unfortunately , for whatever reason , Jnr hasn’t fought enough significant fights in his peak years. Eubank Snr was out of the game by the age Jnr is now.

I think you have to put Chris Eubank Snr the elite category.

To not lose in four fights to Watson & Benn both world class operators is a huge achievement. He was world champion for a very long time and yes the opposition at times was poor, but his record and biggest wins, mean he is up there for me.

The second Watson fight affected Eubank severely and I have no doubt he’d have stopped Collins in their first fight.

Eubank Jnr isn’t half the fighter his dad was. At best his European level based on his career up to this point.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think you have to put Chris Eubank Snr the elite category.

To not lose in four fights to Watson & Benn both world class operators is a huge achievement. He was world champion for a very long time and yes the opposition at times was poor, but his record and biggest wins, mean he is up there for me.

The second Watson fight affected Eubank severely and I have no doubt he’d have stopped Collins in their first fight.

Eubank Jnr isn’t half the fighter his dad was. At best his European level based on his career up to this point.

You have to remember the strength and depth of the middles and suppermiddles at that time was insane.
So of Benn, Eubank and Watson, only Benn can claim to be a truly, consistently world class operator imo.
Benn went in with the Americans, Eubank didnt.
As you allude to, if Watson had walked out of the ring, that might have been the next step. Although, curiously, Eubank never seemed to have much of a thirst for mixing it with the likes of James Toney.
What an era though. Tragedy aside, Benn v McLennan was the most sensational fight I’ve ever seen.
Eubank, Benn, Watson all sporting legends.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
You have to remember the strength and depth of the middles and suppermiddles at that time was insane.
So of Benn, Eubank and Watson, only Benn can claim to be a truly, consistently world class operator imo.
Benn went in with the Americans, Eubank didnt.
As you allude to, if Watson had walked out of the ring, that might have been the next step. Although, curiously, Eubank never seemed to have much of a thirst for mixing it with the likes of James Toney.
What an era though. Tragedy aside, Benn v McLennan was the most sensational fight I’ve ever seen.
Eubank, Benn, Watson all sporting legends.

An epic era of British boxing, perhaps their legacy would have been cemented even more had Benn and Eubank fought either Nunn, Toney or McCallum in their primes?

Benn should have been counted out or disqualified in the first round of the McLennan fight as he was pushed back into the ring, aside the McLennan tradegy, the ironic and extremely sad fact was Michael Watson was arguably better than both Benn and Eubank ( he certainly was robbed in the first fight and Eubank had fate on his side in the second one)

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021

Think Chris gives more than enough rationale for his behaviour in this interview. Williams was a grade A prick who got humiliated in front of his fans for his trouble.

https://youtu.be/3__VSEN9Ucc

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Think Chris gives more than enough rationale for his behaviour in this interview. Williams was a grade A prick who got humiliated in front of his fans for his trouble.

Yeah for me is like Bissy dancing on the pitch on the final whistle after Knocky's winner up the '23. The wankpuffins were traumatised by that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here