Votes: 132 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
His opinion is “Personally, I think that England is an island” and “I think that England should be England. And I think that we should keep that.”

So basically just meaningless bombastic tub-thumping, with no substance, then?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I hope everyone has singed the pledge at the bottom of this page, and taken note of the Labour advert

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Botham is an absolute nause. Which is genuinely a real shame.
Years ago, I went along with my Dad to corporate at Lords. I got the autographs of most of the greats of the time - Gower, Gatting, Jim Laker, Richard Illingworth, Dickie Bird, Bob Taylor and many others in the hospitality in the indoor school after play when players and commentators came in. Botham had his own private party in a tent. Knowing he was my favourite player, my Dad went off in search of him and crawled under tent ropes to get it. Botham got very stroppy about it and only signed when it was pointed out his captain had signed it. Interestingly, his great mate was the only other one to be an arse about it. My dad saw Viv Richards watching the game and asked him for an autograph. He wouldn't give it as it was his day off. Instead, he stood stock still for a photo which was the best he could get out of him. Still have a black and white photo somewhere which may has well have been from a newspaper for all the sentimental value it has for me.

Brilliant cricketers - maybe it was just a bad day but seemed a bit full of themselves and in Botham's case, seems to not be a unique experience.

Jan 30, 2008
I'm struggling to understand this point das. Can you clarify please, why the 180,000 we currently take in from outside the EU, would be affected by tomorrow's vote?

What exactly is it, that we don't "have our say" on, that is topping us reduce these numbers right now?

more stringent checks./reasons on entering the country,potential over stayers, maybe some one from border control could let us know ?
regards
DR

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Even so, given a choice between sitting next to a noisy comedian and an ISIS-loving hate preacher, I'd go for the comedian but that's just me.

Well, I'm fairly sure you'll get consensus on that. Not sure what it has to do with eth EU debate though? Is Choudary pro-EU? Does it matter?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
free.gif

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
more stringent checks./reasons on entering the country,potential over stayers, maybe some one from border control could let us know ?
regards
DR

What has ANY of that got to do with the EU debate? Are you deliberately missing the point here? We let in 180,000 people from OUTSIDE the EU, through borders that WE control and the EU has nothing whatsoever to do with. Which bit is hard, here?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
OH Ladies and Gentlemen get this.
Remember Baroness Warsi who said she was switching from Leave to remain because she didn't like the leave campaign? We all asked ourselves why would someone so suddenly change their feelings and beliefs on EU membership just because of the way a campaign was being fought.

Well guess who Kinnock wants as an EU Commissioner???

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I live in an Eastern Block country now Kelvin Barber and it has been amazing to see the damage that joining the EU has done. In 2007 Bulgaria joined the EEA on probation prior to joining the EU. While an EEA member Bulgaria changed for the better, but the EU started to push for Bulgaria to create more debt prior to full membership, as it was mainly a debt free country. This immediately caused bankruptcies, and suicide rates went up. On joining the EU in 2014 all hell has broken out. BG is a heavy milk producing country and never imported milk as there was never a reason too, under the EU, it now imports cheap milk from Poland and slashed milk prices over 50% to the farmers. Exactly the same as in the UK. This has now happened across the whole of the agricultural sector, making an already poor country poorer, pushing them to apply for EU subs that they never needed before, to increase debt and governance over them. People are being forced to have bank accounts, that they are charged for, which they never had a need for before. This isn't progress this is EU control and this is exactly what happened to the UK but much much slower, so less easy to see and define.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
You've missed off Marine Le Pen, Keith Chegwin and David Icke from this list which may weaken your argument
It's not about what politicians or organisations that think we should leave...It's about the public who live in the real world.
Why do you need big names to sway your vote?
Big names that are all about the corporate fat cats or the "in" politicians who just take the easy route and don't have the balls to take Britain to the next level.

80% of voters knew a long time ago what they were voting for :)

Remember most of these high rollers are in it for their pockets only and not for the average joe on the street :)[/QUOTE]

The experience of the public is important of course but you cannot just dismiss all expert opinion based on evidence as self interest. Unless of course you would let a 'University of Life' graduate perform major surgery on you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The polling stations open in 13 hours 50 minutes and we still haven't don't have a clue about the simple facts of life in or out of the EU.

We've been so well served throughout this vote for leadership of the Conservative party, sorry I mean EU referendum.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well, I'm fairly sure you'll get consensus on that. Not sure what it has to do with eth EU debate though? Is Choudary pro-EU? Does it matter?

Anjem Choudary has come out and said he supports REMAIN, it's fairly relevant I'd say when someone says that all REMAIN supporters (e.g. Bobby George, Anjem Choudary) are normal and LEAVE supporters (Liz Hurley, John Cleese and half the UK population) are not normal.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think with LEAVE its too easy to find loons. James Dyson will probably one of their better supporters but they are thin on the ground

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anjem Choudary has come out and said he supports REMAIN, it's fairly relevant I'd say when someone says that all REMAIN supporters (e.g. Bobby George, Anjem Choudary) are normal and LEAVE supporters (Liz Hurley, John Cleese and half the UK population) are not normal.

Liz Hurley sustained a reasonably long relationship with Shane Warne. There is no way she is normal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Fair enough. there's going to be wrong 'uns on both sides (in the leadership, for starters)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ummm D. You are, afterall 'looney, Trollmiester'. I'll just presume the misspelling is intentional.

Intentional or not you are a wanker. You run out of arguments then resort to snide remarks,even lacking a decency to give a straight up insult .

you see blowhard, not only am I smarter, better informed and more on the ball than you. I am a lot better at serving up insults, Really not going well for you so far it?

So i suggest you take a hint and button that mindless yapper of yours before you trip over your forked tongue again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here